Captain Marvel (2019)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Charlize is a great actress and actually pretty. That doesn't fit into their narrative.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This is kind of a stupid rumor. RDJ is stepping away, Evans is gone, Ruffalo can't have his own movie, ScarJo is getting her own movie, Hemsworth may do 1 more movie, and Renner is just fucked. Most of these people know the drill. They all got signed on at the beginning for 4-5 movie commitments. Other than her probably being the leader of The Avengers who is she taking what from? Most of the original Avengers aren't gonna be around for much longer compared to the new people they are bringing in. Also these 6 appearances or whatever can go quick. Hell Chadwick Boseman used 3 appearances on his contract in like 1 year.

Man that stinks so bad. I was always happy Captain America: Civil War was really Avengers 2.5. And Thor is by far my favorite, would love to see more adventures with him. Is there any word on a Thor 4?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
All I see is a bunch of MEN who have no business commenting on what is obviously A WOMAN’S journey;

Her experiences, struggles, failures, and triumph and all while shoving her femininity in the face of the patriarchy who are so far behind her in terms of power and capability that all they can do is watch...

Just like they should.

Men shouldn’t even be seeing this movie yet, let WOMEN celebrate this as it THEIR moment, not ours.

Hypothetically, if someone masturbated to this picture, does it make them a misogynist or a feminist ally? Asking for a friend.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The force is female... LoL, I mean what does this even mean???

It's just stupid, and that's not me hating on females or vaginas or whatever, it just literally screams "pointless" in its trappings.

"The sofa is molecules" has as much point, impact, and merit. Fucking ridiculous.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Hypothetically, if someone masturbated to this picture, does it make them a misogynist or a feminist ally? Asking for a friend.
It makes your "friend" a feminist ally with internalized misogyny which your friend externalized after a furious back and forth.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The force is female... LoL, I mean what does this even mean???

It's just stupid, and that's not me hating on females or vaginas or whatever, it just literally screams "pointless" in its trappings.

"The sofa is molecules" has as much point, impact, and merit. Fucking ridiculous.
It just goes to show how far we have come as a society. Sci-fi nerd club used to be pretty exclusive and pull from the high side of the IQ spread. We are more inclusive now and opened our doors to the lower side of average. Viola! The Force is Female.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm betting the Holocaust wouldn't have impacted your personal life either. Great to see you can just handwave away incredibly society damaging events like that.

Pretty egregious comparison.

Brie's way fucking worse

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Man that stinks so bad. I was always happy Captain America: Civil War was really Avengers 2.5. And Thor is by far my favorite, would love to see more adventures with him. Is there any word on a Thor 4?

Hemsworth said he would only come back to do another if the story is great and Waititi came back for it, his contract is up after Endgame though

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hemsworth said he would only come back to do another if the story is great and Waititi came back for it, his contract is up after Endgame though
totally acceptable reason, better than saying "i don't want to be pigeon holed as cap america"

no bitch, you lucky enough to come out of fantastic 4 unscathed with another super hero job, however the fuck that happened.

no one knows you other than that, hell no one even knows you were the douche on scott pilgram w/ brie

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
totally acceptable reason, better than saying "i don't want to be pigeon holed as cap america"

no bitch, you lucky enough to come out of fantastic 4 unscathed with another super hero job, however the fuck that happened.

no one knows you other than that, hell no one even knows you were the douche on scott pilgram w/ brie
Captain America : The FIRST Avenger wasnt very well received either. i liked it because i read the comics as a kid and it was a pretty heroic film, but i can see why others didnt like it too. he's lucky he didnt get the same treatment as Ed Norton. Ed Norton, guy must be fuming right now that he missed out on all that fat disneybucks.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

Come now, he was also the popular jock in not another teen movie. Think that even took place before any of the others

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
'Captain Marvel' dominates the box office in another stellar superhero opening weekend for Disney
  • "Captain Marvel" hauled in an estimated $153 million at the domestic box office since Thursday.
  • The first solo female-led superhero flick for Marvel earned an estimated $455 million worldwide.
  • The final tally won't come until Monday, but Sunday's figures have solidified "Captain Marvel" as the third highest March debut of all time in the U.S., and the seventh biggest Marvel Cinematic Universe debut of all time.

• 3Barf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
'Captain Marvel' dominates the box office in another stellar superhero opening weekend for Disney
  • "Captain Marvel" hauled in an estimated $153 million at the domestic box office since Thursday.
  • The first solo female-led superhero flick for Marvel earned an estimated $455 million worldwide.
  • The final tally won't come until Monday, but Sunday's figures have solidified "Captain Marvel" as the third highest March debut of all time in the U.S., and the seventh biggest Marvel Cinematic Universe debut of all time.
wow that must mean its a good movie and everyone loves Brie! has nothing to do with Endgame!
it showed in 4,310 theaters. holy fuck.

• 2Worf
  • 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
the nice thing is once Avengers End Game is out you can pretty much have a nice, huge chunk of MCU movies on a rewatch schedule and ignore any new movies. Just like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings where you can just ignore the latter half. The MCU "fantastic" output is massive:

Iron Man
Captain America 1-3
Avengers 1-4 (prob skip 2)
Thor 1,3
GOTG 1-2
Ant Man 1-2
Spider Man 1-2
Black Panther (stop after they leave Korea)

sub to Disney streaming service and rewatch those movies and thats a solid 30 hours wasted. Captain Marvel (the movie) really has no impact on any of those, and all the future Muslim Trans superhero movies can be safely ignored.

Only bummer really is no good X-Men tie ins, no Secret Wars, and no Planet Hulk.

• 2Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah I'm still kinda sad that the second and third Iron Man movies weren't all that great. Oh well.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the nice thing is once Avengers End Game is out you can pretty much have a nice, huge chunk of MCU movies on a rewatch schedule and ignore any new movies. Just like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings where you can just ignore the latter half. The MCU "fantastic" output is massive:

Iron Man
Captain America 1-3
Avengers 1-4 (prob skip 2)
Thor 1,3
GOTG 1-2
Ant Man 1-2
Spider Man 1-2
Black Panther (stop after they leave Korea)

sub to Disney streaming service and rewatch those movies and thats a solid 30 hours wasted. Captain Marvel (the movie) really has no impact on any of those, and all the future Muslim Trans superhero movies can be safely ignored.

Only bummer really is no good X-Men tie ins, no Secret Wars, and no Planet Hulk.
i think we could get one more decent Thor, GotG and Antman out of this before ditching this wokefest completely. this franchise could limp around for the next 4 or 5 years before realizing its fucking dead. its funny how these movies got woke just as Evans, RDJ, Hemmsworth and even Jackman all nope the fuck out at the same time.

• 1Like

tarb

Trakanon Raider
"Captain Marvel' dominates the box office in another stellar superhero opening weekend for Disney
  • The final tally won't come until Monday, but Sunday's figures have solidified "Captain Marvel" as the third highest March debut of all time in the U.S., and the seventh biggest Marvel Cinematic Universe debut of all time."
Marvel is king for a reason, this was a middle of the pack MCU movie IMO but it still made bank.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Barf