Captain Marvel (2019)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You still check for the boogeyman under your bed every night don't you?

I'd check for the boogeyman if there was solid evidence of it existing and ruining shit I enjoy.

faggot.

You know nothing of Baba Yaga. You faggots do not understand the power you are meddling with. This American Inventor killed 3 people in a bar with a pencil. A fucking pencil.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess it's just a simple choice for me. They have made this movie about SJW shit and Brie shitting on whites. The movie itself may have zero to do with those, but THEY made it about that. So, I'm not going to support it with my dollars, and give my tacit approval of what they are doing.

I'm not standing on a street corner with a sign, raging to random people on the internet or elsewhere, or swearing off the MCU. But this movie, that they made about politics? I'm out.

Black Panther has been on Netflix for a bit now, and I still haven't bothered to see that. Don't feel like I'm missing anything there, either.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The culture war was brought into this movie by Brie. No one here would have given a fuck and would have went to watch the movie and most likely enjoyed it well enough if this trash wasn’t forced onto us. We did not go looking for it, we were not given such a choice.
as much as i dislike her. she is only partly to blame. Larson didnt make this trailer. Disney did.
captain-marvel-gif-6.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Haven't seen this yet, but you consider Green Lantern better than Thor 2? I mean I get that Thor 2 is probably my least favorite MCU movie, but Green Lantern is actively bad.
Thor 2 is also actively bad. I would say they are literally on the same scale of "badness". Thor 2 just had a larger CGI budget. Both had contrived, stupid plot lines with shit that happened for no reason. Both had B rated plot lines with non-descript stories resulting in no change in their respective universes. Both a fucking waste of viewer time.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thor 2 is also actively bad. I would say they are literally on the same scale of "badness". Thor 2 just had a larger CGI budget. Both had contrived, stupid plot lines with shit that happened for no reason. Both had B rated plot lines with non-descript stories resulting in no change in their respective universes. Both a fucking waste of viewer time.
the worst part about Thor2 was how nonchalantly his mom was killed and Odin got just chucked in the garbage. it rustled my mythology jimmies to no end.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Race and gender traitor here, wife and 2 of her girlfriends want to go see it last minute. Pray for me.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd say Thor2 is worse than Captn Marvel theres nothing redeeming about that garbage.

captn marvel at least has some fun stuff like the fucking skrulls were funny shit. There were only two parts where brie is good, one where she talks to the black girl and 2 where shes powered up, HOWEVER when she's all super shiny and shit, thats not her, thats just CGI and a bunch of white nerd boys and wacom tablets all coming together to make her better.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
There's a rumor floating around that the cast of the Avengers are getting pissed at her. Not happy that she is becoming "the face of".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There's a rumor floating around that the cast of the Avengers are getting pissed at her. Not happy that she is becoming "the face of".

This is kind of a stupid rumor. RDJ is stepping away, Evans is gone, Ruffalo can't have his own movie, ScarJo is getting her own movie, Hemsworth may do 1 more movie, and Renner is just fucked. Most of these people know the drill. They all got signed on at the beginning for 4-5 movie commitments. Other than her probably being the leader of The Avengers who is she taking what from? Most of the original Avengers aren't gonna be around for much longer compared to the new people they are bringing in. Also these 6 appearances or whatever can go quick. Hell Chadwick Boseman used 3 appearances on his contract in like 1 year.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is kind of a stupid rumor. RDJ is stepping away, Evans is gone, Ruffalo can't have his own movie, ScarJo is getting her own movie, Hemsworth may do 1 more movie, and Renner is just fucked. Most of these people know the drill. They all got signed on at the beginning for 4-5 movie commitments. Other than her probably being the leader of The Avengers who is she taking what from? Most of the original Avengers aren't gonna be around for much longer compared to the new people they are bringing in. Also these 6 appearances or whatever can go quick. Hell Chadwick Boseman used 3 appearances on his contract in like 1 year.
Wasnt there also a rumor that Bucky takes up the mantle for Cap? Bucky has been around for 8 years and is pretty badass.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'd say Thor2 is worse than Captn Marvel theres nothing redeeming about that garbage.

captn marvel at least has some fun stuff like the fucking skrulls were funny shit. There were only two parts where brie is good, one where she talks to the black girl and 2 where shes powered up, HOWEVER when she's all super shiny and shit, thats not her, thats just CGI and a bunch of white nerd boys and wacom tablets all coming together to make her better.
And then you have her fighting her Kree squaddies. Which is a stupid scene - we started with her taking an entire cruiser of Skrulls literally shackled, and she's improved since - and she's totally powered up... and we're supposed to care about the fight? Isn't she toying with them? Even someone who doesn't know about Captain Marvel from comics can guess she's no longer in the same league as these guys, so the fight is useless filler.

But this one's not Brie's fault, it's the script

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I still kinda wish they had gone with Charlize Theron. I did like the shifts in her overall narrative to fit in with the broader MCU storyline

• 2Like