Captain Marvel (2019)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
'Captain Marvel' dominates the box office in another stellar superhero opening weekend for Disney
  • "Captain Marvel" hauled in an estimated $153 million at the domestic box office since Thursday.
  • The first solo female-led superhero flick for Marvel earned an estimated $455 million worldwide.
  • The final tally won't come until Monday, but Sunday's figures have solidified "Captain Marvel" as the third highest March debut of all time in the U.S., and the seventh biggest Marvel Cinematic Universe debut of all time.

This has been happening on my social feeds.

Lefty dudes dropping the financial performance with no other comment. Smugly reveling in the fact that Disney was financially rewarded by throngs of their neighbours, despite the lead of the film being a proudly-out anti-white racist and misandrist.

It’s fucking surreal.

• 6Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'll expand on my spoiler free meh. The movie wasn't bad, but it's definitely not a movie I'll just throw on to watch in the background ever, kinda like BP.

Heck everyone hates on Strange but I'll throw that movie on just for the visuals every now and then. This movie is just aggressively meh to me, enjoyed Fury and Coulson and Goose.

I don't like Captain Marvels outfit and I think there are a lot of people they could have cast to fill out that costume better and do a better job making it believable, but I don't think she ruined the part or anything.

Now I guess I'm a troll or something and this movie wasn't made for me even if I was one of the people actually supporting this craft heavily in the 80s and 90s. If none of the "controversy" had happened I could just leave my meh review out there and people could accept it for what it is instead of wondering if I'm hating because I'm a shitlord.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Lefty dudes dropping the financial performance with no other comment. Smugly reveling in the fact that Disney was financially rewarded by throngs of their neighbours, despite the lead of the film being a proudly-out anti-white racist and misandrist.

It’s fucking surreal.

Which is silly because the core of the issue was with Larsen, not the character or the movie. It means nothing. At best, bragging about the returns is just saying that her shitty behaviour and the reaction to it was irrelevant. Idiots don't realize that it's just going to get worse as the rabbit hole goes much deeper as has been seen year-after-year in gaming.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

It’s fucking surreal.
its weird because those two trolls shared that exact same text and neither provided a link to the site. very NPC

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I think maybe T tarb just doesn't know what the fuck he/she/xher is doing and was quoting Mudcrush by copy/pasting text? I dunno... just playing devil's advocate.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
its weird because those two trolls shared that exact same text and neither provided a link to the site. very NPC
I noticed that. It was like a facebook feed had invaded these forums.

Faggots.

All of them are faggots.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
v2wa3Wq.jpg

wat

• 6Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Captain America : The FIRST Avenger wasnt very well received either. i liked it because i read the comics as a kid and it was a pretty heroic film, but i can see why others didnt like it too. he's lucky he didnt get the same treatment as Ed Norton. Ed Norton, guy must be fuming right now that he missed out on all that fat disneybucks.

I don't think Norton concerned about the money, he was born into wealth. He changed his name for acting so that he wouldn't be propped up by the Rouse name and he'd earn things on his own merits.

Even when he was first doing it, it seemed "off" to me for him to be Hulk, he always seems to pick roles for their artistic merits - which largely doesn't fit superhero stuff, and especially not Hulk.

• 3Like

Cybsled

Just got back from seeing it. Was enjoyable. Like others have said, kind of falls in the Ant Man/Doctor Strange tier of Marvel films. The de-aging tech was pretty damn good (isn't this basically like Hollywood Deepfakes now? lol)...Coulson and Fury didn't look like special effects, they just looked like their younger selves stepping into the movie. Fury + Goose was funny, especially once they reveal its secret. Once Captain Marvel goes omega mode, she is legit OP as fuck. The direct Avengers: Endgame tie in also gave me chills.

I kind of wonder how they'll tie Agents of SHIELD into the events of this. Skrull Coulson?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I kind of wonder how they'll tie Agents of SHIELD into the events of this. Skrull Coulson?

i mean, if you watched AOS you'd know that tahiti is a wonderful place and coulson is def NOT a skrull, and why fury would have coulson travel to tahiti.

Cybsled

I know all about Tahiti/etc, but the previews for the next season show Coulson in space, but they don't know what SHIELD is. So Skrulls have to be involved (Space Coulson = skrull at the very least, but that would also require they saw Coulson at some point).

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I don't think Norton concerned about the money, he was born into wealth. He changed his name for acting so that he wouldn't be propped up by the Rouse name and he'd earn things on his own merits.

Even when he was first doing it, it seemed "off" to me for him to be Hulk, he always seems to pick roles for their artistic merits - which largely doesn't fit superhero stuff, and especially not Hulk.

I think Mark Ruffalo brings something to Bruce Banner that just doesn't exist inside Ed Norton.

• 2Like
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well I hope the gender traitors are content with themselves, they even managed to help make Sean happy.

I think what the rampant anti-SJW crowd and folks are failing to realize is that if you take all the hard core pipe banging SJWs, then add in all the Freedom loving politically aware purists and lovers of the art, you get all the people who are focused enough on the political gobbldegook going on around this movie to make a decision to see or not see it based on that. And guess what, that grand total of both sides of this political fight are piddlyshit compared to the vast majority of people who have probably not seen a single bit of Brie Larson's pressers, probably not seeing a bit of the protesting and bitching about her, probably haven't seen anything other than trailers and commercials advertising this as the next Marvel movie. Which means the Marvel money trail will keep chugging along.

In my humble opinion, this means unfortunately we will see this slide in this "make sure it has the right message for the right constituents, regardless of the story" stuff will keep going for a while until enough of a fiscal impact is felt at the Marvel/Disney level.

I think Mark Ruffalo brings something to Bruce Banner that just doesn't exist inside Ed Norton.

I wholly agree with this, and I thank my ability to separate my opinion of his political stances from his work as an actor so I can still enjoy the Hulk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user