Captain Marvel (2019)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
captain america (first avenger) was probably a worse film technically but there was a soul to it that really made you feel for the characters.
you're wrong, this still holds up
mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:649625

with a clear coherent storyline and a nice timepiece film, it looked pretty ww2ish.

whereas cap marvel bank'd on samual jackson young and throw in "top 10 90s songs and don't forget to have one about a girl" lulz blockbuster and radio shack, what is a "radio" anyway? har har.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I won't watch this movie. I saw endgame and she was a pointless character, it actually made me happy I never wasted my time or money going to see it.

I saw 5 minutes of it. Cheese Theft is completely unlikable.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What in the hairy crab ridden fish stink feminist armpit funk are they talking about with the first Captain Marvel being a woman?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you're wrong, this still holds up
mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:649625

with a clear coherent storyline and a nice timepiece film, it looked pretty ww2ish.

whereas cap marvel bank'd on samual jackson young and throw in "top 10 90s songs and don't forget to have one about a girl" lulz blockbuster and radio shack, what is a "radio" anyway? har har.

i didn't necessarily mean style or special effects. there are just some valid complaints with first avenger about pacing and whatnot but at it's core, there's a heart and soul to it that just begs you to enjoy it. i think captain marvel follows the marvel formula a bit closer (which has proven to be successful) but at it's heart, there IS no heart. so who cares?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didn't necessarily mean style or special effects. there are just some valid complaints with first avenger about pacing and whatnot but at it's core, there's a heart and soul to it that just begs you to enjoy it. i think captain marvel follows the marvel formula a bit closer (which has proven to be successful) but at it's heart, there IS no heart. so who cares?
i liked all the Cap movies. but winter soldier was just so incredible that it overshadows the first one, its even better than civil war.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What in the hairy crab ridden fish stink feminist armpit funk are they talking about with the first Captain Marvel being a woman?
"The first female Captain Marvel", it says.

And that's technically true. Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers is last version, not early version.

joz123

Potato del Grande
captain america (first avenger) was probably a worse film technically
I never get the hate for the first Captain America movie. I thought it was a great intro movie and captured the time period well.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
same, honestly. cap has always been one of my favorite characters and i think evans has really done a great job portraying him. there were a ton of moments in the first avenger where i remember thinking "wow, they actually understand his character so well"

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
When he was first cast a bunch of us said "wow...this is bad. He works as Johnny Storm, not Captain America". Very glad to have been proven wrong. Hell at this point Chris Evans IS Captain America in a way that will be with him for the rest of his life.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That tiny bull nose ring is horrid. Why do so many women do that shit now? It isn't attractive, but then again nothing about that girl is attractive.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Maybe their building her up to be the villain for Civil War 2. Because...I mean, that was genuinely something a villain or anti-hero would do. Which is why it was done by the Terminator, a literal killing machine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users