Captain Marvel (2019)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's not even flattering to blacks. The made up blacks built a wall to keep real blacks out. The only people who think BP is highly acclaimed are the limp wristed white fags who acclaimed it.

And I still haven't seen either BP or CM and that shit ain't changing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When we overlook huge flaws in a movie just because we have to over correct. I guess you really believe it was the first marvel movie to warrant this honor, because all the movies before it are so bad. Black Panther becomes Marvel Studios’ first Oscar winner. I wonder how many awards Brie and her movie will get?

Marvel Studios’ Black Panther earned seven Oscar nominations from the 2019 Academy Awards, including one for Best Picture, a rebuke on the unspoken-but-established idea that the populist cinema didn’t have place among end-of-year prestige.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's not even flattering to blacks. The made up blacks built a wall to keep real blacks out. The only people who think BP is highly acclaimed are the limp wristed white fags who acclaimed it.

And I still haven't seen either BP or CM and that shit ain't changing.

not for nothing, but you can't claim something is or isn't anything if you haven't done anything beyond superficial examination. you haven't watched it, and have no plans to. that's fine with me, but don't say it's not flattering to blacks.

THAT BEING SAID black panther was a mediocre film. it had it's moments when it wanted to be a spy film and while some people don't understand the cultural idiosyncrasies, i enjoyed it for what it was. the shoehorned revenge for slaves dialogue from killmonger left me (and i assume most people) with such a bad taste in my mouth that it tainted everything that came before it. that and the super goofy cgi.

captain marvel seemed to be sort of the exact opposite. the cgi was pretty good but everything else was terrible. it was just meh throughout the film. a friend of mine commented that a big reason for it was because it just felt empty. there's hardly any extras anywhere in the film. even the big open shots have empty parking lots in the background. the movie subconsciously tells you that it's superficial and has no real substance and the actors have to work that much harder to counteract that. and also brie larson isn't that talented

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
not for nothing, but you can't claim something is or isn't anything if you haven't done anything beyond superficial examination. you haven't watched it, and have no plans to. that's fine with me, but don't say it's not flattering to blacks.

THAT BEING SAID black panther was a mediocre film. it had it's moments when it wanted to be a spy film and while some people don't understand the cultural idiosyncrasies, i enjoyed it for what it was. the shoehorned revenge for slaves dialogue from killmonger left me (and i assume most people) with such a bad taste in my mouth that it tainted everything that came before it. that and the super goofy cgi.

captain marvel seemed to be sort of the exact opposite. the cgi was pretty good but everything else was terrible. it was just meh throughout the film. a friend of mine commented that a big reason for it was because it just felt empty. there's hardly any extras anywhere in the film. even the big open shots have empty parking lots in the background. the movie subconsciously tells you that it's superficial and has no real substance and the actors have to work that much harder to counteract that. and also brie larson isn't that talented
Was what I said about the fictitious blacks building a wall around real blacks incorrect?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I always find it so amazing everyone I talk to thinks Black Panther is an all around bad movie. However, according to the media it is the most critically acclaimed and best marvel movie EVER. I'm guessing it's also the only one to win an academy award to be given out on live tv?

What a joke we have become.
that's b/c it has +30% affirmative action review score bonus.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Just watched this.

It was just so boring. I can't believe how boring it was until the final 20ish minutes and even those were predictable and not very fun.

I was just coming on here to say that there was no way this was better than Black Panther, but you guys beat me to it. There is no universe in which this movie was even close to Black Panther. There were at least a few interesting things in BP, here it was just boring after boring. It wasn't even as woman power as I expected it to be, the only truly blatant bullshit was the "I'm just a girl" part where they were making fun of all the humans being weak and non-threatening and then all the sudden it is about her being a girl?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Black panther is racist the way captain marvel is sexist- both are results of people patronizing and in a way trivializing the content that they are superficially trying to virtue signal about, by throwing all nuance and thought to the side. It’s the newest flavor of racism and sexism and in some ways this overcompensating pandering is more noxious and dangerous than overt racism of yesteryears, because stupid people eat it up and don’t even realize they are being pandered to like toy dogs. But ultimately Hollywood is a business, and for every genuinely goodnintentioned and retarded virtue signaler working on the movie, there’s atleast 2-3 more who know what’s up and are just doing this shit because they know it sells

I’d still argue that production values, acting script wise , BP is mediocre , which puts it leagues above this movie. I’d take wonder woman over captain marvel any day and I hated Wonder Woman

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is there a big reason to actually see this before Avengers releases? I'd rather not, but if there is something major plot related in this I guess I will

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Is there a big reason to actually see this before Avengers releases? I'd rather not, but if there is something major plot related in this I guess I will
Just read a plot review or YouTube breakdown of the movie + end credit scenes and you're good to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it really just establishes Captain Marvel's limitless powers. it also tells how the Kree are assholes and Skrulls are misunderstood good guys. oh and they named the Avenger Initiative after her. Cap no longer the First Avenger.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Why would you? We know how she gets to Endgame, the fucking post credit scene of Infinity War shows Fury paging her right as he dusts. It has her symbol and colors. She shows up because he called. Who needs more explanation?

j00t

probably not. just in case here are probably the key pieces

captain mar-vell (kree) is disguised on earth experimenting on the tesseract to use for interstellar travel. carol danvers gets caught in an explosion from the ship with a tesseract engine and she gets superpowers. then she gets captured by the kree and indoctrinated into their war against the skrull (alien shape changers). turns out that the skrull at this point are mostly just women and children and are basically refugees but the kree want to wipe them out. so carol switches sides and fights off the kree and takes a group of skrull refugees to find a new homeworld. she gave nick fury a beeper that she modified to reach "a few light years or so further" in case he ever needs her.

that's basically it. captain marvel had her dna altered by the tesseract, so she's theoretically on par power level-wise with scarlet witch. but she can fly and shoot "photon energy beams." we haven't seen the upper limits of her power because it's like quicksilver in a race against usain bolt. also, there's a cat that is actually an alien and scratches nick fury's eye, hence the eye patch.

• 1Like

j00t

it really just establishes Captain Marvel's limitless powers. it also tells how the Kree are assholes and Skrulls are misunderstood good guys. oh and they named the Avenger Initiative after her. Cap no longer the First Avenger.

ugh. i hate this. it's silly, but cap is still the first avenger. if you are going for a technicality, then TECHNICALLY his own movie retconned the title as he was made a team member of the avengers after he thawed from ice, AFTER the avengers were already a team.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

yeah, but he wasn't an avenger until... well. i don't know. the avengers? i guess? i don't think anyone actually ever asked him to be a part of the team. he just keeps showing up

• 2Worf