Captain Marvel (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thatll teach him to ask her to smile. she should have murdered him.
USA Today
knows it
a sexist jerk: my name is Don.
:emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe their building her up to be the villain for Civil War 2. Because...I mean, that was genuinely something a villain or anti-hero would do. Which is why it was done by the Terminator, a literal killing machine.
comics civil war 2 was the most hodgepodge of plots and characters of shit.

i can remember when Carol was just some dumb blond that literally fell into the role of Director of SHIELD and is mocked openly
031b9dba70f0fdd1d3765c08275e5f7f.jpg

34af2a040ed1d7c1392f40a52aaec7ad.jpg

but i can't even put together wtf Civil War 2 was about other than having it star Danvers vs. IronMan

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like this is up at the normal places. Good timing, as my wife and I just decided to try watching all the movies.

Neither of us has watched many of them; both have seen Iron Man, the Guardians movies, both Ant Man movies, Black Panther, and the last two Avengers (I've also seen the other two Avengers, the first Thor, Iron Man 2, and Dr Strange...Edit: Just realized that means I've only missed 8 of em, so I've apparently seen the bulk of them).

We're doing chronological, so we did Captain America this weekend, and Captain Marvel comes out just in time for us not to skip it.

Oddly, it's the least excited I think I've ever been about a movie. Honestly not looking forward to watching this one and then the Hulk.

Fadaar

That guy
You're in for a treat if neither of you have seen Ragnarok or the 2nd/3rd Captain America movies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It really wasn't "that bad". I liked it more than the first Thor. Probably also the first Captain America. Sure, there's a better back story in those, but overall, the movies weren't great. Captain Marvel was decent enough. Easy story, but I didn't hate it.

Caliane

i can remember when Carol was just some dumb blond that literally fell into the role of Director of SHIELD and is mocked openly

but i can't even put together wtf Civil War 2 was about other than having it star Danvers vs. IronMan
thats Ultimates Universe, not 616.

Sterling

El Presidente
It really wasn't "that bad". I liked it more than the first Thor. Probably also the first Captain America. Sure, there's a better back story in those, but overall, the movies weren't great. Captain Marvel was decent enough. Easy story, but I didn't hate it.
It's not great, but it's not like it's Highlander 2 or Catwoman bad. I think I like the 2 MCU movies you listed more, but it's better than Thor 2 at the least.

spronk

FPS noob
its just incredibly boring and super predictable and a few cringe scenes. the bad guy is lame and boring, fuck i even forgot for a second who the bad guy was. The only part really worth watching for is Nick Fury, its probably the only "make young CGI" that passes the uncanny valley. Maybe only black people can be CGI cyborgs or something.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats Ultimates Universe, not 616.
yea, but the thing is b4 Carol was given to marysue, she was just a doof. Hell you'd be a super comic nerd if you knew anything beyond "the bitch Rogue stole her powers from".

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I walked out of the first Thor movie, at some point when they were "riding down the rainbow road." I couldn't believe how fucking gay it was. But I gave it a second chance and loved it, because all the earth stuff is gold. When I watch it now, I just skip straight to where Thor is on earth.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Saw it last night, it was entertaining. I would probably have more of an opinion if I had paid to see it in a theater, which I haven't done for Marvel movies in years. I would not have expected this to be a Billion dollar + movie, but I guess that Marvel label has that kind of draw. Wouldn't have even known it came out except for the He-man-womin-haters vs SJW articles that invariably come out for pretty much everything these days.

Jive Turkey

Karen

This is the garbagest comicbook art I've ever seen

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was nowhere near as terrible as I expected. I started it up thinking Black Panther tier (which I shut off twice to do other shit and only finished it by skimming through the second half) but despite having directors with no experience filming action movies, horribly miscast lead, a script that only occasionally makes sense, and all the major plot points are very predictable, it was still better than about a third of the MCU.

• 1Salty

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Digital version has a commentary for any that are interested in that sort of thing. It's not great but there are a few interesting pieces here and there.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is the garbagest comicbook art I've ever seen

That qualifies for pretty good quality with what they've been putting out for the last decade. Here's a randomly picked page from 2014 (the last year I bothered downloading comics) and this would be in the medium quality range...

• 1Cringe
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
That qualifies for pretty good quality with what they've been putting out for the last decade. Here's a randomly picked page from 2014 (the last year I bothered downloading comics) and this would be in the medium quality range...

View attachment 209473

Brutal. Who are the best artists these days? I haven't collected anything since the 90s. Even though it gets shat on as a terrible time for comics, there were some awesome artists back then

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Brutal. Who are the best artists these days? I haven't collected anything since the 90s. Even though it gets shat on as a terrible time for comics, there were some awesome artists back then

I don't know names, but there are still some great artists, but they're diamonds in a sea of garbage. Back in the day, the average quality was pretty great and a bad artist would only ever be given panels in annuals or to fill in for a good artist that fell behind schedule. Now they're given entire lower selling runs.