Captain Marvel (2019)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I rewatched this again today. I'm now completely caught up on all 21 Marvel movies, ready for my Thursday afternoon (5pm) viewing of Endgame. Can't wait!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
btw there is a better cam copy out there in the usual places. if you havent seen this and still want to without giving this bitch your money, go grab it.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
btw there is a better cam copy out there in the usual places. if you havent seen this and still want to without giving this bitch your money, go grab it.

Telecines came out a couple days ago. Chinese subs, but the quality is good enough if you want to see this but don't care a whole lot about it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
you can save yourself 2 hours

Captain Marvel is basically superman powered by the Space stone
she is BFFs with Nick Fury and gave him a pager 20 years ago
she's off in another part of the galaxy filling her pussy with shapeshifter jizz
she and Nick Fury are friends (?) with a cat who is also a Cthulu monster

if you're pressed for time just rewatch Infinity War (pre endgame) and then Spiderman Into the Spider-verse, an infinitely better movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burr

Molten Core Raider
Saw this gem near Pace University. Guess the SJW are still trying to stuff the box office numbers. Pathetic using “underprivileged kids” as a selling point.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That was a Disney stunt. Instead of sending poor kids food or clothing or just some cash. They want them to see this fucking turd. Hmm who benefits from that? Why not just give those poor's free tickets, Disney?

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't see this movie, I did get a copy thanks to a board member but haven't taken the time to watch it. I thought his was odd from @ spronk spronk 's review.
she is BFFs with Nick Fury and gave him a pager 20 years ago
she's off in another part of the galaxy filling her pussy with shapeshifter jizz
When Thanos snaps his fingers and half the dudes gang banging her instantly turn to dust wouldn't she know something is up? Was the pager even necessary?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Laughed my ass off at someone on reddit referring to Brie Larson as "Cheese Theft".

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I rewatched this again today. I'm now completely caught up on all 21 Marvel movies, ready for my Thursday afternoon (5pm) viewing of Endgame. Can't wait!

Endgame came out, so you have the benefit of hindsight. Do you regret watching CM a second time? I know I would.

(Also, you said "rewatched again" which literally implies 3+ viewings. If true, please turn in your nerd AND man cards to the nearest official.)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I only saw CM 2 times. Guess my wording was wrong. And I don't regret watching it, just because it was the final piece of the master plan to re-watch all movies prior to Endgame. So in that regard it was a must. It didn't really add anything to Endgame, but that's alright, because I was content to watch it all again and I would have felt like I missed my goal if I went in without seeing it a second time.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I won't watch this movie. I saw endgame and she was a pointless character, it actually made me happy I never wasted my time or money going to see it.

• 3Like

Inque

FunEmployed
I skipped through most of the movie and even when I attempted to watch through a 2nd time to catch up it was just so boring and predictable. I mean, even the first Thor movie had more passion than this film.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I thought Black Panther was just a bad movie. But upon review, it's poorer than I though, and this movie is worse. It's not bad, it's just... It's not that it's not good. It's flat stupid. Black Panther was a fucking abomination, offensive, pandering, but at least it was cohesive and made sense (sort of). So much is just stupid. Doesn't make sense. World breaking. Universe breaking.

So, I can go back and watch Iron Man 2 or Iron Man 3 and still find some entertainment, character, uniqueness. The supposed worst of the Marvel films. And if you stood them up together, Iron Man 3 is a fucking masterpiece of film and directing compared to Captain Marvel. Thor 2, an utterly forgettable film, ranks higher than this because of the Loki as Captain America scene alone... Captain Marvel sets the new low, with Black Panther being just above it. Thor 2 just above that.

• 3Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
captain marvel was technically a fine film. but at the end of the day it just didn't have any heart. captain america (first avenger) was probably a worse film technically but there was a soul to it that really made you feel for the characters.

black panther wasn't a terrible film either. i think it had some really interesting ideas but didn't express them really all that well. the entire history of wakanda was of extreme isolationism and xenophobia. it was masked under religious zealotry and the idea of being "chosen" in a sense to be blessed with vibranium. then t'challa comes around and is like, wait, this is causing more harm than good... a good man who has the power to help others, but doesn't, isn't a good man. same goes for a country. problem is, it got caught up in silly race wars. i think it would have ended up being truly memorable if at the end, t'challa didn't stand for all that slave talk nonsense from killmonger and put him in his place. but he was just too passive in his dialogue.

and call me whatever, but i still like thor 2. i think it suffers from revisionist history because it's a pretty decent flick, but there was a pretty significant jump in quality right around then. i very distinctly remember people on this board commenting how fun they thought thor 2 was, but now it's like you can't get invited to the cool parties unless you bash it.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
My ex had a genius idea. Take one of the little shitty Brie Larson Captain Marvel dolls that talk, and hack it with all her stupid shit "I don't need a white guy", "I want to be the first Me", etc. OMG lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf