Captain Marvel (2019)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're both assuming I'm saying he would get charged and would lose. I'm not saying that. Just that there's enough for it to be investigated if she complained. (Which as you said, BP, if it unearthed more or there was other complaints, could trigger something serious)

Thus why I stated it was grey.

And literally the RULES we have are founded upon the LAWS that apply in the normal world as a whole, Ambi. Yes, a stricter standard - but they're based on the same foundation.

I know you claim to be a subject matter on everything, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. HR sexual harassment rules are not based on laws that apply in the normal world. They are based on federal laws that are specific to the workplace.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know you claim to be a subject matter on everything, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. HR sexual harassment rules are not based on laws that apply in the normal world. They are based on federal laws that are specific to the workplace.

Except they are. I've had to deal with situations that went past workplace and into actual civil law. Are you that inept to think they never overlap?

Workplace ones were still in their infancy when I was going through my school in the 90s - while the Federal was already there in full, and pretty much never adapted since. Hell, my first two professional employers (now on my third, but this one does) didn't even have formal policies in place for sexual harassment when I came onto each, and for the second I was part of those writing the actual policy. (which, *GASP*, was being based on State and Federal law [ours was the only location in the state, I wasn't that big there, but as the senior HR for the state - I had to be involved in making sure it worked for Maryland])

These days, sure, the government has taken a much more proactive role in such - I've been doing this work for nearly 25 years now (counting education when I was "just" learning the subject matter, quite a bit over 25) - I've seen the rules and regulations grow, I've had to deal with it constantly, I know how they adjusted over time, unlike you with your completely unrelated background.

Yes, there was a FEW companies doing things about it pre-1998 (after the Sundowner case that formalized the "Hostile Work Environment" portion of what most people know of workplace sexual harassment today, when they truly started to diverge from the normal sexual harassment laws that exist in the "real world") but they were in the minority. Previous to that the only Federal laws applied to literal quid pro quo of "Hey, fuck me for this promotion" type nonsense that seems to be very rare in my experience. [Which was decided by the SC in 1976, and their decision was based on literal sexual discrimination laws from the 1964 Civil Rights Act]

But please, tell me more about what I don't know.

Vaclav

(And I did have to reference dates a couple, I don't have those memorized - I did remember the name of the Sundowner case though, easy name to keep locked in - plus it's the more relevant one from having to reference it so many times in the early Y2K years)

Vaclav

I imagine you as the “Ackshually” meme guy come to life.

More Toby from The Office. (Although not lonely like him, but otherwise, he's a pretty good analog)

But please, continue to insult me for pointing out where the circle jerk mentality around here is flawed. Clearly packs of randoms are more versed than someone who actually deals with stuff consistently. (and honestly, more than I care to - I fucking hate dealing with harassment - I think it's a big hassle... he's not wrong that its worse in workplace situations, but he's got chicken and the egg wrong - X happened, leading to Y, then Y eclipsed X in the past few decades)

I've been kind enough to not speak outside of my range of personal expertise anymore, since people have expressed it as annoying. But there are a few topics that are still in mine, just like anyone else. =P

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also the scene is a rip off from t2 which makes me hate her even more.

They rip off the scene that leads us the audience to believe that Arnie is a villain. Because it's villain behavior. Only a stupid whore would rip off that scene and think anything else.

It's a shitty rip, at best. Arnie is objective. He's completely emotionless. Brie smirks like a fucking dick bag entitled bro, and the scene is laced with SJW'ism. Also, someone fucking put out a cigar on his chest, which he then pulled away, then another dude cracks a pool que on his head, and another tried to fucking stab him. He was defending himself in spite of his request. He didn't have to say anything. He could have just taken what he asked for. He's a terminator for Christ's sakes and didn't immediately just murder everyone, and only got close before John told him not to....

"I need your boots, your clothes, and the keys to your motorcycle." He had an objective of saving John Connor. Marvel was just being an asshole in a terribly staged scene amongst many that portrays men as... Well, being men, approaching women in a natural environment, and then breaking his fucking hand after she taunts him. She was the idiot using a manual map for nostalgia bullshit.

The two scenes are comparible, only in how you do it right, and how you do it fucking pathetically wrong.

Yeah, I get it. Women have to face men constantly out for their vaginas. But get fucking real about it.

There's a million ways of portraying this kind of thing, but it all hinges on the female counterpart not also acting like a fucking asshole. I've seen plenty of men act as portrayed in the scenes in this movie, but that's like 0.1%. Also, if the dude is attractive, suddenly it's acceptable.

They really, really handled their message terribly, and I don't necessarily disagree with their aim. I have 6 younger sisters. I'm quite familiar with dick bag dudes trying to fuck them. I have plenty of scenarios they could have played that would have been much more authentic, instead of cheese and stupid.

That's what pissed me off most about the movie. It's disingenuous. A staple of SJW'ism. You don't ham fist issues into an otherwise muddled story and call it a day. It harms everyone when you do so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
But please, tell me more about what I don't know.

How about what's actually being talked about? You seem to be really hung up on your HR department's policies which nobody gives a fuck about.

Captain Marvel and random biker guy do not have any employee type relationship so no sexual harrassment laws apply.

No idea why that is so far for you to grasp, but I'm sure you'll be back to talk about how LBJ consulted with you on the 1964 civil rights bill before going off on some other irrelevant nonsense

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fuckin lol, if sexual harassment applied to every attempt by a male to interact with a female, we as a human race would cease to exist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Fuckin lol, if sexual harassment applied to every attempt by a male to interact with a female, we as a human race would cease to exist.

Well, birth rate IS on the decline just about worldwide. So you might be onto something there. Of course it's not down in areas where people give F*all about SWJ and political correctness (i.e. Africa for instance) which also leads into some interesting discussions.

• 1Garbage

gak

<Gold Donor>
We'd like to speak to the manager...

b.jpg

• 7Barf
  • 6Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 13 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It's almost statistically impossible that out of 11 women not one is decent looking. But, I can't argue with the data in this picture.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I will applaud the chonk for trying w/ that head gear. she's got the powered up eyes and glowing hair mohawk.

• 1Like