Captain Marvel (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Umm.. Captain Marvel 2 has a confirmed July 8, 2022 release date. It was announced a couple weeks ago when they did the release date shuffle.
nah man, that shit aint getting made for a long time. Disney got hit hard. they arent going to be pushing some fringe bullshit nobody liked. not now. i will offer an avatar bet for a month on it. well probably nobody will remember by then. remind me and i will stick by it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
fringe bullshit nobody liked

Hwunn5U.jpg

• 2Seriously?
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea I mean it made a killing but not because it was Captain Marvel solely. It rode a lot of successful coattails to get where it was. They are definitely making a sequel, it is on the roadmap.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yea I mean it made a killing but not because it was Captain Marvel solely. It rode a lot of successful coattails to get where it was. They are definitely making a sequel, it is on the roadmap.

Of course they will. They are making Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel made the same as Ant-Man 1 and 2 combined.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I keep asking myself if Brie had never opened her mouth about her politics etc, if I would still dislike the movie. I mean Chris Evans is a lib and I have watched Winter Soldier at least half a dozen times since release.

The problem is both Brie and CM just aren't likable. Valkyrie check has the same big lib mouth and yet I enjoyed her in Thor 3. Basically the problem with this movie is the writing is mostly boring and Brie blows as both a person and actress.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I keep asking myself if Brie had never opened her mouth about her politics etc, if I would still dislike the movie. I mean Chris Evans is a lib and I have watched Winter Soldier at least half a dozen times since release.

The problem is both Brie and CM just aren't likable. Valkyrie check has the same big lib mouth and yet I enjoyed her in Thor 3. Basically the problem with this movie is the writing is mostly boring and Brie blows as both a person and actress.
It’s not the actors, it’s the media who hypes it up as the next coming of SJW Jesus.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

The things that saves Captain Marvel for me are Sam Jackson, Ben Mendehlson, and the Kree/Skrull stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I mean you answered your own question didn't you? There are tons of hardcore SJWs among the MCU cast but their movies still turn out fine. CM was a shit movie independent of Brie Larson's RL terribleness.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
She's a pretty shit actor.

I liked her in Scott Pilgrim and 21 Jump Street. I never saw any of her other movies outside of those. So I had no reason to hate her acting, but it was her attitude and shit leading up to the movie that turned me off. I mean, I enjoy Cap and Hulk but I kinda detest the actors in real life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked her in Scott Pilgrim and 21 Jump Street. I never saw any of her other movies outside of those. So I had no reason to hate her acting, but it was her attitude and shit leading up to the movie that turned me off. I mean, I enjoy Cap and Hulk but I kinda detest the actors in real life.
She was just very stiff in this one. I couldn't get through The Room with her either. Maybe she's not cut out for dramatic acting? I feel like even in the two you mentioned she wasn't really doing much "acting."

And I'll echo the other comments. It's definitely not her SJW stances. I hate Mark Ruffalo as a person, but I don't even think about it when he's on screen.

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
To me, she is Katherine Heigl. Objectively she's beautiful, but she has absolutely ZERO charisma so I hate looking at her. Combine that with her stiff acting and bitchy attitude, and she's just hate-able for me.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Did opinions of her change in her older movies pre and post politics stuff? She was in Kong: Skull Island right?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did opinions of her change in her older movies pre and post politics stuff? She was in Kong: Skull Island right?
I only remember her from Scott Pilgrim. Her stiff acting kind of fit in with that film though. I thought it was part of the act.