Captain Marvel (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Feige said he is introducing more diversity for diversity's sake. if diversity was the goal from the beginning then it wouldnt need to be introduced. they knew nobody would watch female hulk and black muslim Thor. so they went with how they should have been portrayed. thats being changed because now they got you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would you rather them recast the main Avengers with new actors when they don't want to do the movies any more, or introduce new characters? It was dumb for the comics because people want Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers, Bruce Banner, etc stories. Don't force me to read about characters I don't care about. But for the movies I think it can work as the audience would rather have new characters than a replacement actor for Thor or Iron Man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Oh, don't worry, they're going to replace Thor and Iron man with the gender bender versions soon enough. We'll get both results.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Would you rather them recast the main Avengers with new actors when they don't want to do the movies any more, or introduce new characters? It was dumb for the comics because people want Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers, Bruce Banner, etc stories. Don't force me to read about characters I don't care about. But for the movies I think it can work as the audience would rather have new characters than a replacement actor for Thor or Iron Man.
honestly it depends on the actor, i never knew Chris Evans before he played Cap, he was some chickflick heart throb up til then. RDJ was washed up until he did Iron man. i rather see the characters to live on as intended and if that means having Tony and Cap passing the torch on to some unjaded lookalike,i dont care as long as they are up to the task.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
listen, i don't care WHO they do movies about as long as the characters they choose are genuine. i've always been into the avengers, even though they were previously b-team justice league. but the guardians of the galaxy? i never heard of them before they announced the movie and it turned out great.

if they want to do a movie about she-hulk, spider-woman, black widow, or whatever random female super hero they want, on paper i think it's great as long as they stick to the character and don't try to hide some agenda about feminism or identity politics.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want a movie with Stallone and his crew from Guardians 2.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Feige said he is introducing more diversity for diversity's sake. if diversity was the goal from the beginning then it wouldnt need to be introduced. they knew nobody would watch female hulk and black muslim Thor. so they went with how they should have been portrayed. thats being changed because now they got you.

A She Hulk movie would be awesome, if done right. That's the thing they have characters they can use that are fine as long as they just remember to make that shit entertaining. Their problem is there are only a handful of LGBT characters in Marvel that have any real recognition. One of them is already being used in Runaways. That leads to them changing characters, like how Iceman was suddenly gay a few years ago.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Sif was boring as shit in the movies anyways, Valk and Thor played off each other really well I am good for more of that.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Wasn't she simply a filler because Jaimie Alexander (Sif) was busy filming her Blindspot season? I know Tessa will gladly take the step up in paychecks but obviously not their first choice.

no, other way around. they wanted to have jaime alexancer, but just to film a few short scenes with the rest of the warriors 3, but she was ilke, naw i'm busy.

they always wanted valkyrie as a character. i think it's hilarious that they specifically wanted valk for more female presence but then just turned her character into a dude. then they made her gay because she needed to like girls just as much as guys do.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Eh, at this point, Marvel's earned themselves a pretty hefty benefit of the doubt. They'd need to strike out with multiple "diversity" movies for me to actually get worried.

On that note, the latest Captain Marvel trailer is looking a lot better than the previous ones. It's actually got the character looking fun.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Anything in the rumours of a back to the future 2 style plot, with the avengers revisiting old events that they were part?

Rumours like them wearing unknown tech, Steve Rogers donning his old outfit and Ant Man being at the battle of New York with the rest of the Avengers?

PJa7m2F.jpg

Didn't Sam L Jack infer Danvers can time travel?

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
no, other way around. they wanted to have jaime alexancer, but just to film a few short scenes with the rest of the warriors 3, but she was ilke, naw i'm busy.

they always wanted valkyrie as a character. i think it's hilarious that they specifically wanted valk for more female presence but then just turned her character into a dude. then they made her gay because she needed to like girls just as much as guys do.

then they left her gayness on the cutting room floor where it belonged, although probably not for the right reason

Xevy

Log Wizard
Didn't she mention boning dudes and chicks at one point in Thor 3? I don't remember. It's something so insignificant I wouldn't notice unlike most of the whatever-the-opposite-of-SJW is around here.

New trailer looks much better. She's not just standing their emotionless. She talks and smirks and stuff. Great jorb, Marvel!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Didn't she mention boning dudes and chicks at one point in Thor 3? I don't remember. It's something so insignificant I wouldn't notice unlike most of the whatever-the-opposite-of-SJW is around here.

New trailer looks much better. She's not just standing their emotionless. She talks and smirks and stuff. Great jorb, Marvel!

Valkyrie and Thor were making googly eyes at each other for like the last half of the movie.

j00t

yeah all the "valkyrie is actually gay" stuff came out after the movie released. all jokes aside, i took it as tessa thompson's personal viewpoint and everyone at marvel was just like "uh. yeah, sure, i guess?"

zazie beats did the same thing with domino in deadpool 2. after the movie came out she made these lofty claims about domino being a feminist and that she went so far as to not shave her armpits during filming. and i think the all the execs were just like, "yeah, that sounds great!" to her face but then turned around to the editing team and were like "CUT ANY SCENES THAT SHOW HER ARMPITS"

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
There was a whole scene in Thor3 where Hela wipes out the Valkyries that heavily implied that Tessa’s character was in a relationship with one of the other Valkyries. That wasn’t retconned in.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There was a whole scene in Thor3 where Hela wipes out the Valkyries that heavily implied that Tessa’s character was in a relationship with one of the other Valkyries. That wasn’t retconned in.
I don't remember anything suggesting she was in a relationship. Being sad that your sisters in arms are getting slaughtered doesn't equate to wanting to bump cunts. Otherwise every war movie ever is filled with dudes that are sword fighting in their bunks. I'm sure a good number are, but not all.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users