Captain Marvel (2019)

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
It won’t be required viewing, you might be a little lost in her ‘motivations and reservations’ but ultimately you know she is a hero, and there to save the day and empower flat assed women throughout the universe.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
She's going to be the trump card that solves End Game. So yeah, must watch.

I'm still of the opinion that she's a Red Herring in that regard. I'm sure she'll have some big fight scenes and beat somethings/people up but we all know who the real hero in the movie will be...

Screen_Shot_2018_12_07_at_9.20.22_AM.0.png

• 8Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm still of the opinion that she's a Red Herring in that regard. I'm sure she'll have some big fight scenes and beat somethings/people up but we all know who the real hero in the movie will be...

Screen_Shot_2018_12_07_at_9.20.22_AM.0.png
if they go down the Doc & Marty route, then its going to be shit. i think he is going to send Cap back to 1945 so he could have his dance with Peggy.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
if they go down the Doc & Marty route, then its going to be shit. i think he is going to send Cap back to 1945 so he could have his dance with Peggy.

I solidly think they're going to have two swimlanes here...
A) People finding/fighting Thanos again (this is where Captain Marvel fits in)
B) Assembling an alt Gauntlet by plucking gems from throughout time (This will be the Antman angle)

I do agree that there's a better than zero chance that to retire Chris Evans as Cap he will possibly stage a death, or "vanish" then have either Antman or Strange drop him back in his time frame to live out his days with Peggy as "just some guy". Then Falcon or Bucky take up the shield. I don't think they're going to do an out and out kill him routine.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I solidly think they're going to have two swimlanes here...
A) People finding/fighting Thanos again (this is where Captain Marvel fits in)
B) Assembling an alt Gauntlet by plucking gems from throughout time (This will be the Antman angle)

I do agree that there's a better than zero chance that to retire Chris Evans as Cap he will possibly stage a death, or "vanish" then have either Antman or Strange drop him back in his time frame to live out his days with Peggy as "just some guy". Then Falcon or Bucky take up the shield. I don't think they're going to do an out and out kill him routine.
yup, its gonna be what they do with Tony too. everyone thinks they will kill him off becuse he's not in the Spiderman2 trailer. i think he's just going to get married to pepper and leave everything to Happy. he's even mackin on Peter's aunt.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
When my work's twitter account posted the Far From Home trailer and made some comment about Spiderman being alive, a pal of mine who works for Disney distribution replied that it was set before Avengers. I know this is a Sony release so take that how you will

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
It’s a shame they didn’t split the two universes, one where50% of the universe turned to dust and the confirmation universe where whatever time travel bullshit they use to undo everyone being snapped out of existence. Have the post snap one be darker and more suitable for a character like Punisher and a DareDevil who has to deal with it.

Jessica Jones set in a darker more violent Universe, Luke Cage too, would work better. The post 50% turned to ash universe could be morose and interesting as fuck. There would be cults to thanos and shit they could have worked with (instead of using thanos though they could just call him the Hand of Death or something) and groups trying to restore faith in Life.

I just think the post snap world could be really interesting to explore as a “Marvel’s What If?” Kind of series/cinematic/tv universe and Netflix could have run it for a while until it got stale.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
yup, its gonna be what they do with Tony too. everyone thinks they will kill him off becuse he's not in the Spiderman2 trailer. i think he's just going to get married to pepper and leave everything to Happy. he's even mackin on Peter's aunt.

My bet is Tony retires the suit and becomes a billionaire philanthropist full time, marries Pepper, and then mentors the inevitable IronHeart as the replacement for the franchise. My odds are still they make Black Panthers little sister IronHeart.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My bet is Tony retires the suit and becomes a billionaire philanthropist full time, marries Pepper, and then mentors the inevitable IronHeart as the replacement for the franchise. My odds are still they make Black Panthers little sister IronHeart.

I have mixed feelings about this because I like Shuri from the comics but MCU Shuri is horribly written and completely insufferable. And she wouldn't need his mentoring because her superior Kangz DNA makes her better than him in every way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
When my work's twitter account posted the Far From Home trailer and made some comment about Spiderman being alive, a pal of mine who works for Disney distribution replied that it was set before Avengers. I know this is a Sony release so take that how you will
I'm pretty sure that where it falls in the timeline
immediately after Endgame
has been discussed pretty openly by the people in charge? Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen that bandied about repeatedly, to the point where I feel it is true.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Aye I've also seen that bandied about, to the point that I was wondering how they were going to market it at all without giving away the obvious Endgame solution
that time travel is ultimately going to be the solution in Avengers 4
But obviously setting it between Homecoming and Avengers would have been the easiest way to avoid that and probably wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference to the plot of Infinity War.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
or Sony could just do their own thing and never clarify when exactly it takes place, simply forgoing any references and doing their own spider man thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its pretty weird how Marvel stacked movies this year. Capn Marysue in March, Endgame in April, Dark Sansa in June and Spidey does France in July.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its pretty weird how Marvel stacked movies this year. Capn Marysue in March, Endgame in April, Dark Sansa in June and Spidey does France in July.

Well Marvel doesn't really get a say when Phoenix would come out, that was Fox. It was supposed to be out last November, but it is apparently so horrible they waited 7 more months. Also don't forget New Mutants is supposed to be out in August as well. Although it was put off for reshoots and those reshoots haven't even happened yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing ends up scrapped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well Marvel doesn't really get a say when Phoenix would come out, that was Fox. It was supposed to be out last November, but it is apparently so horrible they waited 7 more months. Also don't forget New Mutants is supposed to be out in August as well. Although it was put off for reshoots and those reshoots haven't even happened yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing ends up scrapped.
oh, i thought Fox, Marvel and Disney are the same now.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
oh, i thought Fox and Disney are the same now.

Nope, I think Feige hinted at this summer it would be done. Even then they will still be following through on Fox projects in production before the sale. They aren't gonna wholesale slash hundreds of millions in pre production of movies and shit. I think that's why Tatum is offering to direct the Gambit movie so he can get it set before the sale.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nope, I think Feige hinted at this summer it would be done. Even then they will still be following through on Fox projects in production before the sale. They aren't gonna wholesale slash hundreds of millions in pre production of movies and shit. I think that's why Tatum is offering to direct the Gambit movie so he can get it set before the sale.
who gets the profits from that movie though? if its Disney then might as well shelve it til they take over.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Disney will ultimately. However Fox will still exist. It'll just be a company under the Disney umbrella. Plus it'll still be better to take the money off those movies. Even if they tank it's still less than a 100% loss.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist*