Captain Marvel (2019)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thompson even summoned the courage to pitch Waititi on making Valkyrie bisexual, based on her comic book relationship with anthropologist Annabelle Riggs. “There’s this great illustration of them in a kiss,” swoons Thompson, and while Valkyrie has yet to meet Annabelle in her Hollywood timeline – and who knows if she’ll get to – she convinced Waititi to shoot a glimpse of a woman walking out of Valkyrie’s bedroom. He kept it in the film as long as he could; eventually the bit had to be cut because it distracted from the scene’s vital exposition.

Source: How Tessa Thompson Went From Indie Actor to ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Badass – Rolling Stone

Sounds like maybe just Taika Waititi decided to film it but someone higher up in MCU production decided "no"?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Kevin Feige Affirms Marvel Studio’s Focus On Diversity
Phase Three is the most obvious example of this, as the blockbusters began featuring more people of color, women, and possibly even an LGBT character. Plus, those projects like Black Panther and Ant-Man and The Wasp have proven extremely successful with audiences. Marvel Studio head Kevin Feige recently spoke to the focus on telling inclusive stories in the future, saying:

[Black Panther] is the beginning. That it worked out as well as it worked out has encouraged us to head in the direction we were going to head in anyway. But you look at that film, it is incredible. That movie would not have been what it was if everyone sitting at the table looked like you or me. And that is true for all the movies. As Marvel Studios has grown, it is the same thing, almost half-man and half-woman. That may become more women in the coming years based on the newest team members who continue to grow. We try to grow and promote in house. Almost everyone who has worked here for many years. And people who are going to produce some of our next films came in below the people producing the films now. I very much believe in that. When you have diverse voices, you get better stories and you get more exciting stories, you get more surprising stories. And that is something that is very clear.​

Black Panther 2 will be Dr. Doom infiltrating and stealing vibranium from Wakanda. He needs it for a procedure to save his wife, Katisha Von Doom (played by Viola Davis). Katisha was a native Wakandan who experimented with vibranium and the occult, and was exiled for her controversial research years ago. Black Panther/Fantastic 4 disrupt the ritual, and Katisha dies. Doom comes back for revenge at the end of the movie, but is killed.

Enter Vanessa Von Doom (played by Cynthia Addai-Robinson), who now becomes Dr. Doom. Half-Latverian and half-wakandan, she swears vengeance for the death of her parents, and is the new ruler of Latveria.

Also most of the males in Latveria died during uprisings, so polygamy is legal. She has 3 spouses, a male Mexican crypto-biologist, a female Chinese nano-engineer, and a non-specified gender African sorcerer specializing in harnessing power from other dimensions or something.

• 6Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't remember anything suggesting she was in a relationship. Being sad that your sisters in arms are getting slaughtered doesn't equate to wanting to bump cunts. Otherwise every war movie ever is filled with dudes that are sword fighting in their bunks. I'm sure a good number are, but not all.

There was definitely more to the scene than the space valkyrie equivalent of jumping on a grenade for your squadmates.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
There was a whole scene in Thor3 where Hela wipes out the Valkyries that heavily implied that Tessa’s character was in a relationship with one of the other Valkyries. That wasn’t retconned in.

Completely disagree. Commrades-in-arms is the default there, anything else you read into it is definitely reaching.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There was definitely more to the scene than the space valkyrie equivalent of jumping on a grenade for your squadmates.
We're talking about this scene right?
I'm not seeing any hint of romance. Just sacrifice and sadness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We're talking about this scene right?
I'm not seeing any hint of romance. Just sacrifice and sadness.

Right, because the exposition was left on the cutting room floor where it belongs since unless she develops an actual love interest in the movie, Valkyrie's sexuality doesn't matter. But that's definite a foundation for 'more than just a comrade' relationship with whichever one of her fellow Valkyries saved her life.

• 2Seriously?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
No, it's not. Not without that extra piece.

When all you have is that one short scene with someone sacrificing herself for Valk, it's defaulted to Sisters-in-Arms. If you had ANYTHING else to draw from, you could probably start inferring.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
she was pretty partial to Hulk, i dont think super bulldykes would embrace even a cute green cuddly bear monster if it was a male. Valk liked the D

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Right, because the exposition was left on the cutting room floor where it belongs since unless she develops an actual love interest in the movie, Valkyrie's sexuality doesn't matter. But that's definite a foundation for 'more than just a comrade' relationship with whichever one of her fellow Valkyries saved her life.
Then there's more from other scenes, but there is not more to the scene.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Black Panther 2 will be Dr. Doom infiltrating and stealing vibranium from Wakanda. He needs it for a procedure to save his wife, Katisha Von Doom (played by Viola Davis). Katisha was a native Wakandan who experimented with vibranium and the occult, and was exiled for her controversial research years ago. Black Panther/Fantastic 4 disrupt the ritual, and Katisha dies. Doom comes back for revenge at the end of the movie, but is killed.

Enter Vanessa Von Doom (played by Cynthia Addai-Robinson), who now becomes Dr. Doom. Half-Latverian and half-wakandan, she swears vengeance for the death of her parents, and is the new ruler of Latveria.

Also most of the males in Latveria died during uprisings, so polygamy is legal. She has 3 spouses, a male Mexican crypto-biologist, a female Chinese nano-engineer, and a non-specified gender African sorcerer specializing in harnessing power from other dimensions or something.
No way that this is made up, it's obviously the direction they're going. Where did you get your inside info? Reported for posting spoilers.

• 3Worf

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
she was pretty partial to Hulk, i dont think super bulldykes would embrace even a cute green cuddly bear monster if it was a male. Valk liked the D

Yeah I dont think the cut Valk scenes lead her to being a lesbian, but Bi. They didnt replace anything that made the movie, she wanted all the warrior D and V.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah I dont think the cut Valk scenes lead her to being a lesbian, but Bi. They didnt replace anything that made the movie, she wanted all the warrior D and V.

Wait til Thor and Valk go to get it on and she whips out a dick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
apparently Bob Iger at Disney is some kind of retard, this week he made a bunch of dumb tweets

Fasten your seatbelts for a wild ride! #CapitaMarvel
I think we should build a Captain Marvel land and 50 Captain Marvel attractions, plus Captain Marvel Cruise Ships, hotels, restaurants and parades. //t.co/0ejSZsaPd8
— Robert Iger (@RobertIger) January 8, 2019
people gave him shit and now he deleted his twitter account.

• 3Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lol wtf, that's so dumb I almost feel like someone was impersonating him trying to make him look bad

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been avoiding spoilers, so I'm asking, does this look like it will be requisite for Endgame?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'd imagine it would be since they teased her in the post credits dusting.

• 1Like