Captain Marvel (2019)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Do the people who write these articles take just TWO minutes of time out of their bubble to think of the why?

Why are "mysoginists swarming 'Captain Marvel' on Rotten Tomatoes" ? Why?

Why Captain Marvel and NOT Wonder Woman, another female lead superhero film that did well... in fact one of the only DCEU movies that stood out as not crappy! Holy shit, people actually embraced a female lead!!! Why though? Where were the toxic white males then? What is different here? Could it be... oh I don't know.... the difference between Brie Larson's stuffy SJW ass and Gal Gadot's natural charisma and charm (and lacking any social agendas to push)?

It's not a Scooby mystery here people!

(I still think the film is going to be good, and hope I'm not wrong. Brie-the-actress shouldn't or isn't going to ruin my MCU love... she's not worth it)

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do the people who write these articles take just TWO minutes of time out of their bubble to think of the why?

Why Captain Marvel and NOT Wonder Woman, another female lead superhero film that did well... in fact one of the only DCEU movies that stood out as not crappy! Holy shit, people actually embraced a female lead!!! Why though? Where were the toxic white males then? What is different here? Could it be... oh I don't know.... the difference between Brie Larson's stuffy SJW ass and Gal Gadot's natural charisma and charm (and lacking any social agendas to push)?

(I still think the film is going to be good, and hope I'm not wrong. Brie-the-actress shouldn't or isn't going to ruin my MCU love... she's not worth it)
even if its the greatest thing since sliced bread, it doesnt sit right with me that this devil woman gets to benefit from it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

lulz the writer is someone named jose martinez, writing for complex mag. he probably MAGA reference

*edit
upon reading shitty article i was close
Rotten Tomatoes saw a similar occurence two years ago when an alt-right group called "Down with Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and Its Fanboys" coordinated to an internet attack that resulted in a plummeting score for Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Their reason for taking such action: the film was too feminist.

Sterling

El Presidente
But I doubt you guys believe her! Fight on, butthurt babies!
I mean she can backtrack if she wants and maybe she's even being honest, but it doesn't change that 90 percent of the shit that's come out of her mouth since she signed on has alienated the core fanbase of the franchise.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Let's translate into similar terms, shall we? 'I don't hate Jews or women, I just don't want them to be seen or heard from'

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Let's translate into similar terms, shall we? 'I don't hate Jews or women, I just don't want them to be seen or heard from'

More like, "I don't think vegetarians should rate burgers on the McDonald's menu." Sure they could smell it, but that ain't it bro.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Salty
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
More like, "I don't think vegetarians should rate burgers on the McDonald's menu." Sure they could smell it, but that ain't it bro.

Your analogy is shit, and doesn't even come close to addressing the reasons why people are pissed at her.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that makes no sense, she literally said white males cant review wrinkle in time because it wasnt meant for them. do you understand what that means? she's segregating movies by race and gender. one of my favorite movies is Bingo Long And The Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings. its an all black cast but somehow i can understand it and enjoy it. according to Brie Larson i'm not allowed to have an opinion on it because i'm not its intended audience. she is doing the tour for Caprtain Marvel. she said she doesnt want white males interviwing her. she is making the same statement i am not a wamyn so i'm not allowed to ask her about it. i bet if i asked Billy Dee Williams or James Earl Jones, the stars of Bingo Long if it was ok to like their movie, do you think they would tell me to fuck off because it wasnt meant for me?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Your analogy is shit, and doesn't even come close to addressing the reasons why people are pissed at her.

Give me a nice clean breakdown. I'd love to read it.

Chuk you're a retard so I won't even try to explain what she said about white interviewers. You could literally read the words, but I'm sure the BLAZE article or whatever headline you glanced over was all the info you wanted anyways.

• 2Salty
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Chuk you're a retard so I won't even try to explain what she said about white interviewers. You could literally read the words, but I'm sure the BLAZE article or whatever headline you glanced over was all the info you wanted anyways.

You start your hot take off with shit like "Fight on, butthurt babies!" and an unsourced quote, throw in a retarded nonsensical analogy to refute something, and then expect me to fucking debate this with you? Read the fucking thread if you want context.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've read every post in this thread, unfortunately. If you want a bad analogy, look at Deathwing's. What does that even mean? I do have female friends if that's somehow relevant.

Here's a link:

Watch Brie Larson’s Speech Calling for More Critics of Color

Alright, this is half my bad. I didn't know you were quoting something out of the article Chuk linked earlier. You gotta use the quotes in a way to link to the post, or shit gets confusing. I thought you were just referencing some comment she made in another interview about her previous shenanigans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

and you're a faggot, so whatever white knight defense you have would only highlight that fact.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user