Captain Marvel (2019)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I threw Iron Man on for hell of it, been awhile. Howard & RDJ seem to have better chemistry, they give off the vibe they could old longtime buddies that have drifted apart a bit. I don't think Howard would have worked well with the other characters and films though, Cheadle pulled all that interaction off better. I'm high, hope that made sense.

I just realized this is a Captain Marvel thread, and I don't care enough to even comment on it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I threw Iron Man on for hell of it, been awhile. Howard & RDJ seem to have better chemistry, they give off the vibe they could old longtime buddies that have drifted apart a bit. I don't think Howard would have worked well with the other characters and films though, Cheadle pulled all that interaction off better. I'm high, hope that made sense.

I just realized this is a Captain Marvel thread, and I don't care enough to even comment on it.

Problem with the casting change was that you never got the bonding time with Cheadle and RDJ that was in the first movie. They just gave you that quick exchange:

STARK: Hey buddy. Didn't expect to see YOU here.

RHODES: Look, it's me. I'm here. Deal with it. Let's move on.

STARK: I just--

RHODES: Drop it!

STARK: Alright, I'll drop it.

and it was off to the races.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Starting to think the reason she is so Anti-White Male now that she is 'On Top' is she had many a Weinstein between there and here.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I prefer Mark Ruffalo to Ed Norton. I'm surprised that I feel that way, but I really like what he's done with the character. Or maybe it's because they changed the Hulk's appearance to share just enough of Ruffalo's face to make it flow nicer. I wonder if anyone's CGI'd a Hulk with a Norton style face?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I prefer Mark Ruffalo to Ed Norton. I'm surprised that I feel that way, but I really like what he's done with the character. Or maybe it's because they changed the Hulk's appearance to share just enough of Ruffalo's face to make it flow nicer. I wonder if anyone's CGI'd a Hulk with a Norton style face?

Could you imagine all the shit that Marvel would have had to put up with if Norton was still there? Do you think he'd really be willing to play second fiddle like Ruffalo has. I mean they are both douchebags. However Ruffalo is way more laid back when it comes to acting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
at the time i didn't really notice it, but norton's banner is too anxious. it makes sense on the surface, he's always concerned about hulking out so he's stressed out by it. ruffulo is completely demure and it's such a great characteristic for banner to have

also ruffulo isn't really a douchebag. he's just suffering from groupthink in an echo chamber. norton is a douchebag

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I prefer Ruffalo. Norton has too strong a personality to work as you really need Banner to be a little bitch compared to Hulk. Ruffalo plays up the quiet nerd type incredibly well, whereas Norton just came across as neurotic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I prefer Ruffalo. Norton has too strong a personality to work as you really need Banner to be a little bitch compared to Hulk. Ruffalo plays up the quiet nerd type incredibly well, whereas Norton just came across as neurotic.
i agree, Norton's Hulk seemed to be a little too happy to lose his shit and so he put himself in situations where it could happen. thats not bad for a Hulk story, but wouldnt really work with a team dynamic like the Avengers. dude would be more dangerous to the Avengers to have around.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Norton was Smoochy and will always have a place in my heart.
hah, this is his most memorable role.
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I just wanted to join in on the Death to Smoochy circle jerk, RIP Rainbow Randolph!

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fuck.... I can't believe this comes out in 5 days, and Endgame in a month and a half. I'm not going to lie, now that it's this close, I'm excited to see Captain Marvel. Even though she's a horrible cunt, I'm (emotionally) invested in the Marvel universe and have enjoyed the whole journey. I'm truly hoping Marvel didn't make a turd here so close to Endgame.

B9FB8FA3-8121-470B-B16D-1E2E98CAD820.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users