Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Still kind of disappointed that they didn't use Hela for some of the Death stuff. Would have made Thanos make more sense.

That's what I thought they were doing when I saw she was the villain in Ragnarok. It just made sense. It wasn't until I saw IW that I saw they completely abandoned any of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
That's what I thought they were doing when I saw she was the villain in Ragnarok. It just made sense. It wasn't until I saw IW that I saw they completely abandoned any of it.
Yeah. Wonder if it was some issue with getting Blanchett again or if they had no plans on doing it at all.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That website is fucking genius.

Ok.. So, Captain Marvel vs Thor? or Captain Marvel vs Superman? Superman vs Thanos (with gauntlet and all stones)?

I thought Thor was strongest in all Marvel?

general avengers member thor is probably JUST under superman. thor is a much better fighter, and has EXTREME endurance, but superman should be able to out think thor as well as having infinite endurance (as long as he's in range of a yellow sun). odin, however, would wipe the floor with superman, so when thor inherits the odinforce he shoots ahead into another tier. King Thor is celestial level.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
thats an obvious call (for comic nerds) to
detail-72-annihilus.jpg

but he should be part of the Fantastic four (you see first appearance, its why i linked the card).

oblig
stan.gif

Holy shit, those cards bring back memories

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I used to have pretty much every set of comics trading cards. Annoyed to shit I didn't keep any of my stuff from growing up. The 1992 Jim Lee X-Men set was the shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Mutants getting the bonus to endurance was wild. Could get ShiftX endurance on a starting character!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
thats an obvious call (for comic nerds) to
detail-72-annihilus.jpg

but he should be part of the Fantastic four (you see first appearance, its why i linked the card).
I actually have that card in my parent's attic, way back in Pennsylvania.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure I still have the entire collection in my mothers Attic. Loved the 90s

gak

<Gold Donor>
lol sounds like she has her head on straight...

Live in a white country because whites are so racist and terrible.
Never move to a non-white country because white men are the only ones who won't cut your head off if you open your yap or show some ankle.
Encourage non-whites who turned their own countries into poo-holes to come and breed out white people at taxpayers' expense.
When you eventually get culturally enriched, call out for mommy while muzzies are sawing your head off with a dull blade.
So empowering !
c.jpg

wo.jpg

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol sounds like she has her head on straight...

Live in a white country because whites are so racist and terrible.
Never move to a non-white country because white men are the only ones who won't cut your head off if you open your yap or show some ankle.
Encourage non-whites who turned their own countries into poo-holes to come and breed out white people at taxpayers' expense.
When you eventually get culturally enriched, call out for mommy while muzzies are sawing your head off with a dull blade.
So empowering !
View attachment 194293
View attachment 194294
maybe if we're lucky they will send her on a publicity tour through Morocco.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
general avengers member thor is probably JUST under superman. thor is a much better fighter, and has EXTREME endurance, but superman should be able to out think thor as well as having infinite endurance (as long as he's in range of a yellow sun). odin, however, would wipe the floor with superman, so when thor inherits the odinforce he shoots ahead into another tier. King Thor is celestial level.

Yeah things get pretty crazy with alternate versions. Odin would stomp Thanos with ease, but Rune King Thor could easily take both at the same time.

Then with Superman you get even crazier with things like Thought Robot who would swat Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet like a fly and Prime 1 million who has every power ever and creates universes.

Then you get random shit like Venom showing up and beating the snot out of Superman and Spiderman at the same time. You'd think there would be something or someone in place to force some consistancy, but apparently writers can do whatever they want.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Real nerds had/played this:
mshadvanced1stboxset.jpg

20190212_082119.jpg

Where's my real nerd medal at mods?

On topic: Am I worried that the MCU will succumb to the culture war? Absolutely. Do I think Captain Marvel is the start of this? No.

I understand everyone's trepidation but I'm also confident that this movie is going to be totally fine and not be the film that walks down that woke n broke path. In fact, I'll do an avatar bet with anyone that thinks it will be to stress my confidence in the MCU delivering goodness yet again. That's NOT to say I'm willing to avatar bet that A) the film is GREAT (it'll just be good) or B) that Brie Larson is going to be a good leading lady... just that the overly feminist or culture war-esque narratives and tropes that people are worried about will not be attached to this film. I think all that crap is coming after phase 3 (which is still ongoing).

edit - phase 3, not 4! Oops.

Last edited:
  • 2Like