Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not saying I hate white dudes, but everything that is wrong with the world is the fault of white dudes.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The funny thing about her retarded take on the critic bit is that it's an industry with zero barrier to entry. Everyone and their fucking retarded little lapdog is a critic nowadays and can get their opinions included in the RT score. If there's a shortage of non white men in the industry, it has fuck all to do with the white men that are a part of it. Are you a black woman that loves movies so damn much you want your opinion to be known in a professional manner? Start up a Youtube channel like everyone else and get to work. Like every other nonsense representation argument, the fault lies solely in the demo that she feels isn't represented.

I'm fucking tired of being held accountable for everyone else's choices and having their mouth-breathing retarded champions that act like they're a bastion of decency while also using race, gender, and sexuality as weapons in their shit-flinging. Find a different fucking bogeyman to blame for literally everything.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's really a complement. To change and improve anything, you have to try *something*. So if you ain't fucking shit up, you ain't trying hard enough.

Brie's been saying thanks all this time.

Lithose Lithose please translate this into a 4 paragraph post that no one will read.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The funny thing about her retarded take on the critic bit is that it's an industry with zero barrier to entry. Everyone and their fucking retarded little lapdog is a critic nowadays and can get their opinions included in the RT score. If there's a shortage of non white men in the industry, it has fuck all to do with the white men that are a part of it. Are you a black woman that loves movies so damn much you want your opinion to be known in a professional manner? Start up a Youtube channel like everyone else and get to work. Like every other nonsense representation argument, the fault lies solely in the demo that she feels isn't represented.

I'm fucking tired of being held accountable for everyone else's choices and having their mouth-breathing retarded champions that act like they're a bastion of decency while also using race, gender, and sexuality as weapons in their shit-flinging. Find a different fucking bogeyman to blame for literally everything.
her statement implies there is a white guy network of mustache twirling fedora hat wearers drinking gin and smoking cigarettes with holders in a back room somewhere laughing about how they keep those blacks and women out of their interview club. it's pretty much the same view these people have on STEM.

Xevy

Log Wizard
She's just naive and dumb. But all these maga babies are making bait articles and videos tricking the retarded and elderly like Chuk into thinking she's a man hating ultra fem nazi SJW. She's really more of a "I wish we were all rainbow colored!" type idiot.

They should just feel bad she's deluded instead of being angry and butthurt, but whatever. Internet gonn' internet.

• 1Salty

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
her statement implies there is a white guy network of mustache twirling fedora hat wearers drinking gin and smoking cigarettes with holders in a back room somewhere laughing about how they keep those blacks and women out of their interview club. it's pretty much the same view these people have on STEM.

Well, I for one am only a member of "keep the darkies out of Hockey" society. We're an old but relatively isolated group, so we might just not be aware of any "Keep our reviews pure!" club.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
She's just naive and dumb. But all these maga babies are making bait articles and videos tricking the retarded and elderly like Chuk into thinking she's a man hating ultra fem nazi SJW. She's really more of a "I wish we were all rainbow colored!" type idiot.

They should just feel bad she's deluded instead of being angry and butthurt, but whatever. Internet gonn' internet.

If you took her words, and replaced white male with any other group, you'd be outraged. Its a pretty simple litmus test. I'm shocked you continue to fail it. Here, lets try. This is a DIRECT quote, no funny business, no filters, not "secret MAGA propaganda" you believe is happening.

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly Jewish. So, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other white men, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as the Jews. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.’

Wow, that sounds bad. Lets try another.

“are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old Jew to tell me what didn’t work for him about Mein Kampf. It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to white men, to Christian Men.”

Would you find those two statements acceptable, Xevy, if I put the disclaimer up "I'm not saying I hate the Jews"....No, of course you wouldn't. Your dogma forces you into situations where double think becomes a way of life and you think nothing of it. For you what's important is signaling you're better than those evil misogyinist, racist, terrible, terrible people. We get it. I'm sure there is a pussy hat rally where you can scream AMEN and RESIST while yelling at a Trump effigy before using your male feminist status to creepily ask to jerk off next to a woman, maybe that's more your speed.

(This isn't even getting into the fact that her "study", and I use that word loosely because its a great example of shoddy academic work pervasive in outrage fields, found 80% of film critics are white....Except they forgot that because they parsed RT, The sample pulled from European, Australians and Americans but they only checked against the U.S. Census. Guess what, Xevy? That base population among those three populations is more than 80% white, especially if you include the 50% of Hispanics who self ID as white, which they didn't, of course. Meaning "people of color" are over-represented. Meaning she's literally angry because white people are not under-represented enough.)

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, I for one am only a member of "keep the darkies out of Hockey" society. We're an old but relatively isolated group, so we might just not be aware of any "Keep our reviews pure!" club.
ahh so there really is a secret society for that! here i thought it was because black people just thought Hockey was a silly sport and has no interest in it. sort of like skiing and tobogganing

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Dude, well before she was even attached to playing Captain Marvel she was acting like having someone ask her out was practically being assaulted.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

this makes visual sense, you can't tell if it's a hockey puck or a wakandan streaking across the tv screen.

• 1Like

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
It's really a complement. To change and improve anything, you have to try *something*. So if you ain't fucking shit up, you ain't trying hard enough.

Brie's been saying thanks all this time.

Lithose Lithose please translate this into a 4 paragraph post that no one will read.
If you took her words, and replaced white male with any other group, you'd be outraged. Its a pretty simple litmus test. I'm shocked you continue to fail it. Here, lets try. This is a DIRECT quote, no funny business, no filters, not "secret MAGA propaganda" you believe is happening.

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly Jewish. So, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other white men, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as the Jews. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.’

Wow, that sounds bad. Lets try another.

“are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old Jew to tell me what didn’t work for him about Mein Kampf. It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to white men, to Christian Men.”

Would you find those two statements acceptable, Xevy, if I put the disclaimer up "I'm not saying I hate the Jews"....No, of course you wouldn't. Your dogma forces you into situations where double think becomes a way of life and you think nothing of it. For you what's important is signaling you're better than those evil misogyinist, racist, terrible, terrible people. We get it. I'm sure there is a pussy hat rally where you can scream AMEN and RESIST while yelling at a Trump effigy before using your male feminist status to creepily ask to jerk off next to a woman, maybe that's more your speed.

(This isn't even getting into the fact that her "study", and I use that word loosely because its a great example of shoddy academic work pervasive in outrage fields, found 80% of film critics are white....Except they forgot that because they parsed RT, The sample pulled from European, Australians and Americans but they only checked against the U.S. Census. Guess what, Xevy? That base population among those three populations is more than 80% white, especially if you include the 50% of Hispanics who self ID as white, which they didn't, of course. Meaning "people of color" are over-represented. Meaning she's literally angry because white people are not under-represented enough.)

Technically it was 6 paragraphs?

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
ahh so there really is a secret society for that! here i thought it was because black people just thought Hockey was a silly sport and has no interest in it. sort of like skiing and tobogganing
But we had (have?) a Jamaican bobsled team!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
XyMkmfW.png

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
A thing I've seen repeated from people that have seen it is that Ben Mendelsohn is the VIP as the villain.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I dont see there being any remotely logical explanation as to why she wasnt paged long before the snap. I imagine its gonna be something along the lines of "well I was fighting more important fights".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I dont see there being any remotely logical explanation as to why she wasnt paged long before the snap. I imagine its gonna be something along the lines of "well I was fighting more important fights".
thats pretty weak, more important fights but within cell phone range and escaped the snap?

• 1Picard