Captain Marvel (2019)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This whole thread has become a real incel shit show.

Male feminist: Uses a safety pin to show he's against toxic masculinity and also links male value to sexual prowess fueling aggressive behavior and entitlement toward women for social standing.

Double think is an aspect of cult like adherence to an ideology.

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 12 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Male feminist: Uses a safety pin to show he's against toxic masculinity and also links male value to sexual prowess fueling aggressive behavior and entitlement toward women for social standing.

Double think is an aspect of cult like adherence to an ideology.

Keep chasing that ghost Lithose.

• 4Picard
  • 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This whole thread has become a real incel shit show.

This would possibly be an actual insult if the groupthink could actually settle on exactly what an incel is. As it stands, it seems to just mean "men I don't like" as it's used for anything and everything. You guys need to tell your programmers to stick to one commit.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What is kind of crazy is how much praise this is getting on the SJW female empowerment front, meanwhile Battle Angel which is also a movie about a strong female protagonist is just flat out ignored. James Cameron is getting plenty of shit over it even though he has created and filmed some of the strongest Women leads in cinema history. I guess the difference is he didn't bust people over with head with it like a douche.

Very interesting point. Ripley, obviously, amazing, strong female lead.

In Terminator (1 and 2), Avatar, and The Abyss you had incredible female leads, but a man did ultimately save the day (Kyle Reese, Arnold, Jake Sulley, and Ed Harris).

Titanic .. amazing female lead, but I'm not sure there was a savior.

(God, just look at those six movies, all fucking amazing, all James Cameron)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lithose Lithose

I think I'm really rubbing off on you man. Noticed it like six months ago. Or you are feeling the precipice. Been interesting seeing more and more of an edge appear in your posts.

Hah, the biggest thing I hate is the people who insist it isn't happening. When I began talking about this stuff years ago, I figured most wouldn't know because it stayed largely in academic circles. Now though, people literally openly talk about it and the biggest political and media platforms in the country are open about it...And you still get people who insist its best if ignored or its not really happening. Its mind blowing to me.

Keep chasing that ghost Lithose.

Case in point.

• 6Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

"I was right all along. You'll be sorry!"

• 5Salty
  • 3EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
"I was right all along. You'll be sorry!"

Must seem safe in there.

headupass.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Lithose you have become obsessed with a movement you think is taking over the world when the only thing it's taking over is your own sanity. Dumb people with idiotic opinions have always existed, this is nothing new. But you do nothing but seek those opinions out to post about them on an internet forum and fight their "gospel" with your own. This is all you talk about. You do not participate in any conversation outside of your anti-sjw theocracy. And then you hi-jack threads that have nothing to do with it and force people to suffer through your idiocy.

Brie Larson is a moron and a bad actress. Brie Larson did not write this movie, and Brie Larson is not leading a charge that will change the world. She's an actress, with no bearing on my life other than deciding whether I want to see a fucking superhero movie she's in.

Get a grip you lunatic.

• 8Like
  • 3Dislike
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 16 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Very interesting point. Ripley, obviously, amazing, strong female lead.

In Terminator (1 and 2), Avatar, and The Abyss you had incredible female leads, but a man did ultimately save the day (Kyle Reese, Arnold, Jake Sulley, and Ed Harris).

Titanic .. amazing female lead, but I'm not sure there was a savior.

(God, just look at those six movies, all fucking amazing, all James Cameron)

In Terminator 1 Sarah terminated that fucker.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You guys are weird, idc what this chick says or hates, im going to see it because its part of the MCU - all that other shit is irrelevant, either see it or stfu serious this shit is retarded.

• 9Like
  • 4Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Saw this at IMAX last night, theater was maybe half full at best. Maybe less. I did look, even though I wasn't going to bail on the work group that was going (and I got free Mexican and tequila before the movie, so it was worth it for that regardless), and there was a big NO REFUNDS thing on the IMAX email. You could only exchange it for another time. I'm not aware of the other Marvel movies having that stipulation, but maybe they did and I just never noticed.

Anyway, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I place it firmly in my bottom 5, along with Black Panther (the lowest), IM2 & IM3, and Thor 2 (in no particular order). It was better than BP. The best parts, as stated, were Jackson, the cat, and the main Skrull. First ten seconds about Stan Lee made the theater dusty for me. I miss him already.

The SJW shit wasn't overdone, it was fine, and even less evident than we were lead to believe from the trailers really.

The biggest problems I have with the movie, other than Brie being boring as fuck, are 1) they tried way way way too hard to make her "flippant", almost like a bad Deadpool impression. She'd be in the middle of being fucking tortured or something and she'd make some joke that honestly would have sounded better if it were a "your momma" joke. It was totally out of place, constantly interjected, and obviously forced to make her seem light-hearted and fun. 2) is that there was never, ever, any threat to her character that worried the audience even a little bit. Her biggest "threat" was literally that she just didn't remember who she really was, and that they had installed a magic "limiter" on her neck when they first found her that kept her powers in check. Once both of those are gone, she is an unstoppable god. At least compared to anyone else in this movie, Thor could have done similar I'm quite sure, and even Iron Man for most things. But her opponents in this movie are completely outclassed, and she just mows through them like paper...except when they have to make the battle draw out for a few minutes and the "named" opponents stall her briefly until she realizes she can just obliterate everything.

In Man of Steel, even though we all know Superman is never going to truly lose (death notwithstanding), there was the implication that Faora (sp) or Zod could actually hold their own against him, possibly even kill him. In Captain Marvel, you never once worried about any of that. Even when she was "normal" someone would shoot at her with a plasma rifle, and she'd calmly look where it hit, look at the sniper, get a constipated look on her face, and then charge after them. No concern whatsoever that she might really get shot or be in danger. There was no question that she was going to dominate and overcome everything and everyone, period.

That lack of tension, and her terribly forced humor at completely wrong times, is what really killed this movie for me, not any SJW message. 5.5/10 maybe.

• 13Like