Captain Marvel (2019)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Khanebro, take a step back from the whole TV/Movie angle of SJW'ism, and instead look at the political one. When you have a major political party seriously pushing for things like UBI, slavery reparations, and eliminating fossil fuels within 10 years, you can't really claim that this SJW nonsense is being overdramatized at this point.

This is a debate to lead the most powerful political party in the world. One of the people vying for the position literally says her job will be to tell white people to shut up, and not to speak....Not to speak within a POLITICAL party, where the whole point is advocating your views.

As said, too--people are being thrown in jail and black listed. The idea that somehow the reaction is the problem is laughable. Sticking his head up his ass is honestly not enough to describe how blind someone has to be to deny this. But that's what he must do if he wants to argue against people criticizing the cult without actually having to defend how fucking retarded and hypocritical the cult is--its an old game.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I don't hate women. I hate feminists. If that makes me an incel, then I'll gladly accept the label.
I live in the SF Bay Area of California, they’re all feminists. Therefore I basically do hate women. :(. Shit is mad depressing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This is a debate to lead the most powerful political party in the world. One of the people vying for the position literally says her job will be to tell white people to shut up, and not to speak....Not to speak within a POLITICAL party, where the whole point is advocating your views.

As said, too--people are being thrown in jail and black listed. The idea that somehow the reaction is the problem is laughable. Sticking his head up his ass is honestly not enough to describe how blind someone has to be to deny this. But that's what he must do if he wants to argue against people criticizing the cult without actually having to defend how fucking retarded and hypocritical the cult is--its an old game.

But but but but but but Lithose Lithose that's just politics. That doesn't affect anyone in REAL LIFE!! No day to day shit will EVER be affected by these SJW's just making speeches and empty threats!!!

PayPal CEO Admits Partnership with Far-Left SPLC to Blacklist Conservatives | Breitbart

Oh.... wait.....

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
  • 3Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw this at IMAX last night, theater was maybe half full at best. Maybe less. I did look, even though I wasn't going to bail on the work group that was going (and I got free Mexican and tequila before the movie, so it was worth it for that regardless), and there was a big NO REFUNDS thing on the IMAX email. You could only exchange it for another time. I'm not aware of the other Marvel movies having that stipulation, but maybe they did and I just never noticed.

Anyway, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I place it firmly in my bottom 5, along with Black Panther (the lowest), IM2 & IM3, and Thor 2 (in no particular order). It was better than BP. The best parts, as stated, were Jackson, the cat, and the main Skrull. First ten seconds about Stan Lee made the theater dusty for me. I miss him already.

The SJW shit wasn't overdone, it was fine, and even less evident than we were lead to believe from the trailers really.

The biggest problems I have with the movie, other than Brie being boring as fuck, are 1) they tried way way way too hard to make her "flippant", almost like a bad Deadpool impression. She'd be in the middle of being fucking tortured or something and she'd make some joke that honestly would have sounded better if it were a "your momma" joke. It was totally out of place, constantly interjected, and obviously forced to make her seem light-hearted and fun. 2) is that there was never, ever, any threat to her character that worried the audience even a little bit. Her biggest "threat" was literally that she just didn't remember who she really was, and that they had installed a magic "limiter" on her neck when they first found her that kept her powers in check. Once both of those are gone, she is an unstoppable god. At least compared to anyone else in this movie, Thor could have done similar I'm quite sure, and even Iron Man for most things. But her opponents in this movie are completely outclassed, and she just mows through them like paper...except when they have to make the battle draw out for a few minutes and the "named" opponents stall her briefly until she realizes she can just obliterate everything.

In Man of Steel, even though we all know Superman is never going to truly lose (death notwithstanding), there was the implication that Faora (sp) or Zod could actually hold their own against him, possibly even kill him. In Captain Marvel, you never once worried about any of that. Even when she was "normal" someone would shoot at her with a plasma rifle, and she'd calmly look where it hit, look at the sniper, get a constipated look on her face, and then charge after them. No concern whatsoever that she might really get shot or be in danger. There was no question that she was going to dominate and overcome everything and everyone, period.

That lack of tension, and her terribly forced humor at completely wrong times, is what really killed this movie for me, not any SJW message. 5.5/10 maybe.

I agree completely.

Besides Brie's poor acting, it's evident she has absolutely no charisma. She's like Katherine Heigl, she's beautiful but has no charisma, so when she's on the screen she completely loses my interest. And her ability to deliver quippy lines is zero. No joke or comeback she said was remotely funny. She's a bore.

The other clear thing in this movie is that Brie is as athletic as Rosie O'Donnell. She looks ridiculous when she runs, and her fighting was so horrible. There's one scene where she runs barefoot and it was just horrible, almost as bad as Maggie Grace. All of her action scenes (before full power) felt completely flat and boring.

Compare Brie's CM to Gadot's WW, in terms of charisma and appearance that she actually could be doing the fighting and athletics. Every second Gadot is on screen she has my full attention and adoration and makes my heart pound. Brie does none of that.

I will concede that when CM goes into "full power" mode, it was pretty fucking great, and I would have enjoyed a lot more of her kicking ass at full power. Of course all these movies create big problems for themselves when there's a god-like good guy fighting non-god-like bad guys, but this one really gave you no sense of fear or anything that she was ever remotely in trouble. Maybe the point is that she wasn't? I don't know. The other good part of the movie were the supporting characters. And the first after credits scene was great. Only 6 weeks till Endgame!

I didn't hate this, but I didn't think it was phenomenal. But it's towards the bottom of the list for Marvel movies, but it's still better than Thor 2, IM3, BP. I'd gladly watch this again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I agree completely.

Besides Brie's poor acting, it's evident she has absolutely no charisma. She's like Katherine Heigl, she's beautiful but has no charisma, so when she's on the screen she completely loses my interest. And her ability to deliver quippy lines is zero. No joke or comeback she said was remotely funny. She's a bore.

The other clear thing in this movie is that Brie is as athletic as Rosie O'Donnell. She looks ridiculous when she runs, and her fighting was so horrible. There's one scene where she runs barefoot and it was just horrible, almost as bad as Maggie Grace. All of her action scenes (before full power) felt completely flat and boring.

Compare Brie's CM to Gadot's WW, in terms of charisma and appearance that she actually could be doing the fighting and athletics. Every second Gadot is on screen she has my full attention and adoration and makes my heart pound. Brie does none of that.

I will concede that when CM goes into "full power" mode, it was pretty fucking great, and I would have enjoyed a lot more of her kicking ass at full power. Of course all these movies create big problems for themselves when there's a god-like good guy fighting non-god-like bad guys, but this one really gave you no sense of fear or anything that she was ever remotely in trouble. Maybe the point is that she wasn't? I don't know. The other good part of the movie were the supporting characters. And the first after credits scene was great. Only 6 weeks till Endgame!

I didn't hate this, but I didn't think it was phenomenal. But it's towards the bottom of the list for Marvel movies, but it's still better than Thor 2, IM3, BP. I'd gladly watch this again.

Gal Gadot doesn't get enough credit for how well she pulled off WW. She's a perfect example, too, of how someone can be very Liberal, and not tip over into that psycho, hateful end of the progressive kiddy pool. But yeah, Wonder Woman is the only DC movie I own--it was fantastic. And Gadot was charming and kicked ass in it.

The only thing I think when I see Brie is we could have had Emily Blunt. =-/

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Woman with magic hands glares angrily thru a lackluster story, 6/10. Never has the main character in a marvel movie been carried so much by the supporting actors than this.

Theatre was full but it was a friday evening show, I guess they'll make some money off this.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Kind of a cool easter egg

Fast-forward to Captain Marvel, which was released in theaters this weekend but takes place in 1995, the same year Mallrats made its debut. Lee has made a cameo in every single movie in the MCU, and Captain Marvel is no different, but this one provides a nice callback to that initial Mallrats appearance more than two decades ago. When Lee is spotted in Captain Marvel, he's a rider on a train, and he happens to be reading a Mallrats script, going over the same lines from his original cameo.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gal Gadot makes my penis smile, Brie Larson does not.

She has negative booty, no ones penis wants that. In other news me and gf just sat down in theater and we make up 30% of ppl in here and it starts in 10 minutes.

We got the best seats tho!

PunieHop

<Banned>
Haven't seen CM yet, but Brie is certainly capable of charisma. Her character in Scott Pilgrim Vs the World is a joy to watch, IMHO (and her version of "Black Sheep" is better than the original song). She's also WAY hotter in Scott Pilgrim than I've ever seen her look anywhere else. Maybe Edgar Wright is just a talented enough director to get the most out of her abilities?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Music

But the music "industry" is a different animal. Especially today vs. pre internet where file sharing became a thing. For all the shit that Metallica got for their fight against Napster back then in which they were called money-hungry and over-controlling, they WERE 100% correct and were actually ahead of their time. They saw how it would all unravel before anyone else did. The once-coveted album has definitely fallen from grace. The music industry is now just singles dropped on the radio and/or YouTube debuts... albums are just afterthoughts it seems like.

As far as how the SJW rot and music mix or don't mix... music as a product is still mainly about individuals or bands / groups no larger than like 5 ppl with a host of suits in the background. It'd be hard to really push an ideological agenda through the industry. Curious how you'd think it could be though, if at all.
I cant believe i didnt remember this to be able to to response on time but does the phrase "Baby its cold outside" mean anything to you?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Kind of a cool easter egg

Fast-forward to Captain Marvel, which was released in theaters this weekend but takes place in 1995, the same year Mallrats made its debut. Lee has made a cameo in every single movie in the MCU, and Captain Marvel is no different, but this one provides a nice callback to that initial Mallrats appearance more than two decades ago. When Lee is spotted in Captain Marvel, he's a rider on a train, and he happens to be reading a Mallrats script, going over the same lines from his original cameo.

That is cool, always enjoyed the nod to Stan Lee in all the movies seemed like a nice little nod in respect.

Still using his Twitter handle to promote this seems just the opposite and disrespectful as fuck to his memory. Honestly I wouldn’t put it past some Hollywood ghoul trying to computer generate his likeness in new Marvel movies.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
All the feminist haters in this thread are doing the studios work for them.

Ever since the internet too over entertainment people stopped watching ads as much. Everyone is on the internet or on social media. I dont remember the last time i watched cable or commercials in a normal way.

They drum up advertising by making everything they want to promote controversial.

And it works.

Because all the people complaining are so fucking autistic.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the feminist haters in this thread are doing the studios work for them.

Ever since the internet too over entertainment people stopped watching ads as much. Everyone is on the internet or on social media. I dont remember the last time i watched cable or commercials in a normal way.

They drum up advertising by making everything they want to promote controversial.

And it works.

Because all the people complaining are so fucking autistic.

This is a 100% original thought that has never been expressed in this thread before.

• 1Like

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This is a 100% original thought that has never been expressed in this thread before.

I must have missed it. I came here to see if the movie was any good but I'm not wading through a bunch of shit flinging to find a scrap of real opinion.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
Haven't seen CM yet, but Brie is certainly capable of charisma. Her character in Scott Pilgrim Vs the World is a joy to watch, IMHO (and her version of "Black Sheep" is better than the original song). She's also WAY hotter in Scott Pilgrim than I've ever seen her look anywhere else. Maybe Edgar Wright is just a talented enough director to get the most out of her abilities?

Would have taken Knives over either of the others

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Or maybe 10 years ago simply being in movies and getting paid to be an actress was more important to her than being a cunt!

Could it of been 10 years of Hollywood bubble that turned her into a cunt, or maybe she was all along? I don’t know, still in general actors just like football players need to learn to not be pieces of shit. They get fortune and fame far above the average population maybe be greatful instead of an undeserving twat.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I must have missed it. I came here to see if the movie was any good but I'm not wading through a bunch of shit flinging to find a scrap of real opinion.
The lead actress injects her politics directly into the promotional matterial for the the movie in question and you expect a board full of autistic shitlords to just let it slide.
Not only that but she also doubles down on it and uses the Ghostbusters 2016 marketing strategy of if you dont like it youra Nazi women hater too. Yea you are right not commenting on this shitshow in a thread made to comment on this shitshow would have been a smart move.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard