Captain Marvel (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actually attributing her to ronda level acting isn't a bad one, Ronda is easily the most horrible part of Mile 22, she just comes in there and "mean mugs" her screen time, worse than marky mark being a crazy bostonian to 11, thats what brie feels like, she's just so out of place.

it really could be she slurped marvel dick, it also could be that Marvel for some reason sight unseen, signed her on for 7 picture deal cuz they wanted a "young" actress, all the ones we listed as "better than brie" are already or would be too old for a 7 picture deal.

i mean hell, they're probably trying to learn from

Iron man 2 scarjo amazeballs widow
41QOGehXUxL.jpg

to beaten down bland looking widow
avengers-infinity-war-black-widow-slice-600x200.jpg
yeah, i noticed she hagged out at an accelerated rate. no de-aging CGI for her.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
As much as you wanna hate on Brie. She does have an Oscar and Golden Globe awards. She is not considered a shitty actress in Hollywood.

Even the best actors in the world aren't going to do well when they're cast into the wrong roles. Room and Captain Marvel are two entirely different types of movies/roles.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Even the best actors in the world aren't going to do well when they're cast into the wrong roles. Room and Captain Marvel are two entirely different types of movies/roles.

However that is one of the reasons she got signed. Then getting any major role in the MCU nets you a large 5-6 appearance contract. They haven't had one off actors since the beginning when they dumped Norton and Howard. She also got a huge reaction when she was announced. Could they have gotten better? Yes. Could they have gotten worse? Definitely. She's not going anywhere, as the box office will show. They also aren't going to fuck around with their plans, since I'm sure the James Gunn shit fucked them up already.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
there are like 8 other movies coming out (and EG) b4 she gets another solo movie, half of them will be origin movies (black widow/eternals/namor/ff4), i figure she'd def be in dr strange and gotg3(since like she basically commands gotg in the comics)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
However that is one of the reasons she got signed. Then getting any major role in the MCU nets you a large 5-6 appearance contract. They haven't had one off actors since the beginning when they dumped Norton and Howard. She also got a huge reaction when she was announced. Could they have gotten better? Yes. Could they have gotten worse? Definitely. She's not going anywhere, as the box office will show. They also aren't going to fuck around with their plans, since I'm sure the James Gunn shit fucked them up already.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. Comparing Larsen with Rousey on an acting level is retarded. Anyone that thinks that Larsen is outright a bad actress is being foolish, but it is pretty clear that she wasn't right for this role, and casting is not something you want to shit the bed on when it comes to finding a new face for the biggest movies in the world. Rousey and Larsen are both casting mistakes, but for two very different reasons. One doesn't fit the role, and the other doesn't fit any role.

• 3Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I watched all but one of the performances nominated for the year she won the oscar and hers was as worthy a nomination/win as the rest. Well, except Lawrence's as she had no business being nominated at all.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The sci-fi nerd club wouldn't accept someone who doesn't know the difference between "voila" and "viola".

VIOLARENTALONLY-2T.jpg
I'd blame it on spellcheck but... hey I fucked up. What is my punishment? Having to watch Black Panther again?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
yeah, i noticed she hagged out at an accelerated rate. no de-aging CGI for her.

I noticed that too, I watched IM2 last week to see if it was still bad or if I could like it more now. I couldn't believe how good Scarlet looked, had some curves, etc. Fuck what a letdown.

• 3Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
That took me a few seconds LoL, I was like, "why did he repea... ooooh!"

-edit- Yeah, movie was okay, not amazing. Brie wasn't awful. Fight scenes were decent, not great. Story was good. 99.99% sure I will never see this movie again for the rest of my life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Scarlett Johansson is wayyyy fucking more believable in her role, she kicks ass and is a great actress. Room was fucking oscarbait bullshit and the kid deserved the award more tbh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users