Car ?'s

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
that carvana site says my 2002, never accident, never smoked civic is $489

2002 is practically an antique, but your red momo steering wheel, bookshelf spoiler, 4 point harnesses, and racing stripe down the hood probably devalued things some.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
2002 is practically an antique, but your red momo steering wheel, bookshelf spoiler, 4 point harnesses, and racing stripe down the hood probably devalued things some.
it's practically stock besides a front lip i put on it to hide years of fender scrapes, and a cold air intake cuz to install that rather than the crazy expensive air filter (and the air box had many striped out screws)

also there was no options to click on

[] moo steering wheel
[] ricer spoiler

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
ALSO, if I may rant some more. I see financial advice stating that one should not buy vehicles that are more than 10% your gross salary. Okay, so if I earn 100k a year that means I shouldn't buy a vehicle that's more than 10K? Seriously?

Pretty sure they are referring to not spending more than 10% of your gross income on car related expenses per year, including financing. If they were trying to say don't spend more than 10% of your yearly salary on vehicle purchase price, yea they are basically saying don't buy cars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I've been looking at excursions for a few weeks...

Think I'm going to get a 2006 f250 super duty 4x4 crew cab 6.0L.

Prolly going to cost 12k. I'll spend a year doing a complete overhaul of engine and interior.

Apparently the 2016 interior fits perfectly. So for 25k you can have a nearly brand new truck as nice as a 60k truck, more reliable than a 80k truck, and exempt from emissions requirements

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Any idea what kind of loan rates are out there for used vehicles for someone with redonkeyously good credit? Carmax shows a low of 2.95%. However, doing a general web search I'm seeing rates around 4% which sounds high.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Risk higher with used. Etc

4% is prolly pretty close

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Any idea what kind of loan rates are out there for used vehicles for someone with redonkeyously good credit? Carmax shows a low of 2.95%. However, doing a general web search I'm seeing rates around 4% which sounds high.

If it's used through a dealer, BofA offers 3.29%, potentially as low as 2.79% if you're in Preferred Rewards; they tend to be near the bottom for rates among the big banks. You might be able to find a similar or slightly better deal at your local credit union, but you'll probably have to shop around. My CU bases its rates on model year rather than new/used status.

Last edited:

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I just requested a transfer from Carmax. Speaking to the guy, I asked about financing and he said that he just got someone approved for 2.95% who had a credit score of 800. I'm at 830 so I should be fine. Assuming the guy isn't lying, of course.

Got a 2018 Mustang GT Premium, triple-yellow, black accent package, nav, under 9,000 miles for $29K. That's a pretty good deal. I think the color was causing it to not move. They dropped it a grand earlier today.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He'll never, ever say anything is better than a Tesla. Ultimate "my subjective opinions are fact" fanboy.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hate to burst your bubble...

If only he had seen some retard yelling from his trash heap for 6 minutes about one of the smallest cars on the market not having room to conveniently work under the hood he wouldn't have bought it.

"GREAT GAS MILEAGE, REAL SMALL, CUTE, BUT WHY IS EVERYTHING SO CLOSE TOGETHER UNDER THE HOOD!?!??!?!?!?!?"

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hard to say until you see the numbers, battery size, range, acceleration, cost. But I will say that is a fantastic looking car, very sharp looking. I wouldn’t be embarrassed to drive that.

590hp, 0-60 3.5s, 249 mile range, 80% charge in 20 minutes are the current specs. 75K msrp for base model.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what are the specs on the base model?
don't forget to factor in the 10$ black spray can to cover up that nasty e-tron shit

fee092e3b52c813d16cd7d6c2f541818.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Amazing how fast technology advances when there's demand and competition.