Car ?'s

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My mother has a pristine condition 2004 Honda S2000. She wants to sell it to Carvana. They offered her 20k for it. I live in LA and will be moving soon. The thought of buying it from her and storing it away in a future garage I will own and sell it fr 40k in 10 years is pulling at me.
It's worth more than that now. Don't let her sell it to a box store.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Picked up my Tesla yesterday. Damn but the car makes me feel like an idiot. So much to learn. The intelligent air suspension is crazy. I can go back and see the notes where it raised or lowered the suspension while driving to adjust for the best possible ride. I used to think manual transmissions were the most complex cars could get.
The real question is how long it takes you to stop driving it like a stupid teenager :D

coming from a 4runner/rav4, my wife’s Model 3 is way too much fun.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The real question is how long it takes you to stop driving it like a stupid teenager :D

coming from a 4runner/rav4, my wife’s Model 3 is way too much fun.
It is a great ride. And there are so many little things. Auto open and close doors. Sounds dumb but I am already ingrained in having my invisible valet open the door as I approach and close it for me when I enter or leave the car. Just crazy shit.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like used pistas are in the upper 400k range. Mines a 19. Guess I’ll keep it. Have a 08 duramax 2500 that I could probably get a ton for rn 🤔

Just a reminder that you're in the grown up forum car thread, not screenshots.

• 1Like
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It is a great ride. And there are so many little things. Auto open and close doors. Sounds dumb but I am already ingrained in having my invisible valet open the door as I approach and close it for me when I enter or leave the car. Just crazy shit.
Have fun with it, Tesla shadow lights with those doors would be cool. It’s fun to mod a vehicle and add your own personal style even if your style is horrible like mine.

You definitely need to black it out IMO, should be able to smoke out those headlights and taillights.

• 1Barf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have fun with it, Tesla shadow lights with those doors would be cool. It’s fun to mod a vehicle and add your own personal style even if your style is horrible like mine.

You definitely need to black it out IMO, should be able to smoke out those headlights and taillights.
I'm not a blackout person. I actually prefer contrasts. It's why I was looking for white leather seats to go with the black outside or vice versa. I could have customized it and went new but the wait and additional cost made me nope out and I took what I could find that fit my parameters. Year, package, miles and cost were the bit factors.

• 1Barf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'm not a blackout person. I actually prefer contrasts. It's why I was looking for white leather seats to go with the black outside or vice versa. I could have customized it and went new but the wait and additional cost made me nope out and I took what I could find that fit my parameters. Year, package, miles and cost were the bit factors.
Maybe some electric bolts then, it is a Tesla after all. Prior to the craziness now used is always better, couple years old under 15k miles, trim package you want is the route to go let someone else pay the initial devaluation all new cars suffer. Proper used vehicle within those parameters are essentially new vehicles and someone else paid the devaluation for you.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just a reminder that you're in the grown up forum car thread, not screenshots.

How many car questions have even been posted in the last few pages?

A majority of the posts since Burnem started live blogging his truck, should be in the SS thread, but here we are. So what does it matter now.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe some electric bolts then, it is a Tesla after all. Prior to the craziness now used is always better, couple years old under 15k miles, trim package you want is the route to go let someone else pay the initial devaluation all new cars suffer. Proper used vehicle within those parameters are essentially new vehicles and someone else paid the devaluation for you.
That's always been my philosophy. I always go CPO. The miles were less important from the perspective it doesn't have a gas engine but from maximizing the warranty. Tesla only gives 4yr/50k +1yr/10k on the CPO. This give me about 43k under warranty and batteries/drive train until 2027.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

A majority of the posts since Burnem started live blogging his truck, should be in the SS thread, but here we are. So what does it matter now.

It's about him bringing his shtick about claiming to own a pista in here.

• 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's about him bringing his shtick about claiming to own a pista in here.
Do we need a separate thread to just discuss cars? I know the title of this thread has a ? At the end, but I assumed (perhaps wrongly) this was also a place to discuss cars. Folger's antics notwithstanding of course. If we are only supposed to ask questions here then please create a car "discussion" thread. I personally feel it makes no sense for two car threads when this one only has 50 pages of discussion, but whatever floats everyone's boat.

• 1Solidarity

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Here’s an actual question and relevant, what the fuck is a pista?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Do we need a separate thread to just discuss cars? I know the title of this thread has a ? At the end, but I assumed (perhaps wrongly) this was also a place to discuss cars. Folger's antics notwithstanding of course. If we are only supposed to ask questions here then please create a car "discussion" thread. I personally feel it makes no sense for two car threads when this one only has 50 pages of discussion, but whatever floats everyone's boat.

Posts in the thread don't have to be questions. This is just the grown up car thread.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
That's always been my philosophy. I always go CPO. The miles were less important from the perspective it doesn't have a gas engine but from maximizing the warranty. Tesla only gives 4yr/50k +1yr/10k on the CPO. This give me about 43k under warranty and batteries/drive train until 2027.
Are you going to do any modifications to it or just go with stock?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are you going to do any modifications to it or just go with stock?
For the short term leave it stock. I am still mentally grappling with how much I spent for it. It's not a "I can't afford it" thing it's a "man I spent a lot for a car" thing. I literally spent 3x what I paid for my BMW. I am a frugal person by nature so this was "enjoy the fruits of your labor" type of purchase.

I have looked at after market seats in non-Tesla colors but the stock seats are just so comfortable I don't want to swap them out.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
For the short term leave it stock. I am still mentally grappling with how much I spent for it. It's not a "I can't afford it" thing it's a "man I spent a lot for a car" thing. I literally spent 3x what I paid for my BMW. I am a frugal person by nature so this was "enjoy the fruits of your labor" type of purchase.

I have looked at after market seats in non-Tesla colors but the stock seats are just so comfortable I don't want to swap them out.
Sounds like you should just keep them and if you some how manage to fuck them up then replace them.

• 1Like