Car ?'s

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the thousands of dollars I'm saving per year in gas and maintenance costs.

We went over your driving amount, it wasn't that much.

Your Tesla's are new, 4-5 years old, there are near zero maintenance costs for gassers that age.

You paid for those "savings" up front.

Tesla maintenance costs are only becoming known now that their cars have aged.

It's not all unicorns and rainbows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
We went over your driving amount, it wasn't that much.

Your Tesla's are new, 4-5 years old, there are near zero maintenance costs for gassers that age.

You paid for those "savings" up front.

Tesla maintenance costs are only becoming known now that their cars have aged.

It's not all unicorns and rainbows.
You mean, I provided you my driving amounts, and I gave you the totals.

My gas cars were similar age, and I assure you, they did not have zero maintenance costs. Have you ever owned nice cars?

My teslas are cheaper than the cars they replaced. So, I'm interested to hear what costs you think I "paid for" upfront.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think that is very likely to happen. Those type of "sports cars" are a complete joke compared to EV's for anything except track days, and like 1% of all sports cars are ever taken to the track. EV's are superior in every way aside from that - and track days will likely fall in the next 5 years.

It's just like true manual transmissions vs. DCT's - they are going the way of the dinosaur because they are not faster. Some cars will still have manuals either for cost reasons or just for nostalgia... but I expect they will disappear before you know it like drum brakes, carburetors, and manual choke knobs.
its also more epa friendly to make a v6 w/ super/turbo rather than a v8

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You mean, I provided you my driving amounts, and I gave you the totals.

My gas cars were similar age, and I assure you, they did not have zero maintenance costs. Have you ever owned nice cars?

My teslas are cheaper than the cars they replaced. So, I'm interested to hear what costs you think I "paid for" upfront.

BMW was zero cost until, 7? years old? Outside of regular maintenance? Oil tires etc

Dodge Laramie with 8000 miles, zero maintenance so far.

No Porsche, jag, Lambo, etc.

Quit buying dumb rich people cars?

Hell, for a third of those Tesla's you could have a Toyota with near zero maintenance.

Can we set the line of nice car at Bugatti so you get excluded?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think that is very likely to happen. Those type of "sports cars" are a complete joke compared to EV's for anything except track days, and like 1% of all sports cars are ever taken to the track. EV's are superior in every way aside from that - and track days will likely fall in the next 5 years.

It's just like true manual transmissions vs. DCT's - they are going the way of the dinosaur because they are not faster. Some cars will still have manuals either for cost reasons or just for nostalgia... but I expect they will disappear before you know it like drum brakes, carburetors, and manual choke knobs.
You forgot anti-theft. Manuals are the best anti-theft device made nowadays.

• 1Mother of God

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm never going to be able to afford a 1970 Chevelle SS.

Sad fucking face

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Buy the vehicle you want, if you can’t afford the fuel, you can’t afford the vehicle. Just know outside of your own very little circle, no one gives a fuck what you drive. Never ever buy new, few years old and super low/low mileage 1k miles per month or less is the way to go. Get the vehicle you want, fits your needs/desires and fuck what anyone else thinks.

Unless you’re single then the vehicle you drive can effect the quality of pussy you are able to pull.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you know me well enough to know I'm not a libtard in any fashion.

Your post was about tax and driving around for free - so it's sort of a cop out to then say, oh I don't care about cost. You either care and want to jab at others for not getting something "free", or you don't and you don't care whether anybody gets anything for free or not because it's inconsequential. Pick one.

Nah, it's just ironic that a very vocal portion of the EV loving community make the argument about free - or ultra low cost - driving and its going to be a rude awakening when those road taxes come.

Anyway, not worth arguing about here, we're all car lovers, regardless of size, shape, and propulsion method.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
EVs/Hybrids are 100% the future. Pisses me off, because while they are certainly "faster", the lack of engine noise/feel is just super jarring.

Manual transmissions have been going the way of the dodo for a while now. Those will be phased out long before petrol engines ever are. Transmission systems are far more sophisticated than a human could ever hope to be, even on "mid-level" cars, not just the "performance" stuff like your Lambos, Porches, etc.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's opinion. Myself and millions like me enjoy the process of driving, track or not. The outright acceleration is only a part of that. I know a Tesla Model S is faster in a straight line from a dig than my GT3. I give zero fucks about that because that's not what driving is about. I like the sound, the vibration, the tactile inputs, the fact that I have to make the car work. An EV is a wonderful daily driver when you want to get from point A to point B. But, it's not why people buy sports cars. Not everyone is fixated on "faster". And no, track days are not going away any time soon.

You're much too black/white. Too absolutist.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
EVs/Hybrids are 100% the future. Pisses me off, because while they are certainly "faster", the lack of engine noise/feel is just super jarring.

Manual transmissions have been going the way of the dodo for a while now. Those will be phased out long before petrol engines ever are. Transmission systems are far more sophisticated than a human could ever hope to be, even on "mid-level" cars, not just the "performance" stuff like your Lambos, Porches, etc.
manuals are going away not b/c no one wants em, but cuz 10speeds and cvts are better gas mileage, from the industry standpoint

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There is something satisfying about dumping the clutch and working a manual.

Will go the way of horses, instead of everyone having them, they will become a cultural subset centered around them.

More so than they already are.

I never owned a fun manual car, but I loved my sport bike.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How's the passive battery drain on the Tesla Cad Cad ? I've been tempted to buy one, but I don't have a garage currently so I'd need to just use supercharger stations (which are plentiful near me) like gas stations, I just don't wanna not drive it for 4-5 days and find it dead.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Tesla interior is meh. Also all their cars look the same.
Tesla is going to get dumpstered once the major auto manufacturers start getting more and more EVs to market. The chip shortages are saving their asses..for now. Their novelty is wearing thin and they don't have quite the "luxury" feel to them they need to have to "upsale" people.

Right now Tesla is the "Mercedes" of EVs and Toyota doesn't exist yet. Once the "Toyota" of EVs gains traction and actual Mercedes enters the market? Better hope you invested in a lot of Doge.

• 1Truth!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tesla is going to get dumpstered once the major auto manufacturers start getting more and more EVs to market. The chip shortages are saving their asses..for now. Their novelty is wearing thin and they don't have quite the "luxury" feel to them they need to have to "upsale" people.

Right now Tesla is the "Mercedes" of EVs and Toyota doesn't exist yet. Once the "Toyota" of EVs gains traction and actual Mercedes enters the market? Better hope you invested in a lot of Doge.

Yes and no. Tesla is in the market making cars because they can. But, they are really a battery manufacturer and innovator, first and foremost. They'd be much happier simply supplying the batteries and other tech to the major OEMs. Don't need to compete on the whole car if you're just feeding the rest. Only thing is, that might not work anymore if the biggies like VAG, Renault, Toyota, Honda, GM, Stellantis, etc. catch up.