Car ?'s

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wife thinks the civic is gonna croak soon(it won't, it just rides ruff), so she wants to go zoom zoom w/ a wrx

unfortunately seems like subaru is using rtv instead of real gaskets now in engines and the excess is showing up in the oil pan.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Welp, my body is ready.

That's pretty cool. I can't really imagine that people aren't going to get chopped up in those propellers though, and I imagine if they stop for any reason in flight you just fall like a rock.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wife thinks the civic is gonna croak soon(it won't, it just rides ruff), so she wants to go zoom zoom w/ a wrx

unfortunately seems like subaru is using rtv instead of real gaskets now in engines and the excess is showing up in the oil pan.
A decent chunk of why we went miata after I wanted 86 so bad at first

Fucker

Log Wizard
Good way to cull the population.
Or be culled by someone who can't fly it. A large chunk of the population can't operate a vehicle in 2D space. Letting them loose in 3D space will be pure mayhem.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Or be culled by someone who can't fly it. A large chunk of the population can't operate a vehicle in 2D space. Letting them loose in 3D space will be pure mayhem.
From the looks of it the thing flies itself. No steering wheel, levers, or pedals of any kind inside.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Got an M440i last weekend.

1676980907697.png

Same color, it has pretty much every option available, except the sun roof since that isn't compatible with the gesture control and some other shit, which kind of sucks. Other then that I can't wait to pick it up.

Will post pics later maybe.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Was there a question somewhere? Maybe about toothpaste choice for that grill?

I have a question.

What is the market segment for BMW Series 4 buyers? People who can't afford a 5 series but too embarrassed to be seen in a 3 series?

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I have a question.

What is the market segment for BMW Series 4 buyers? People who can't afford a 5 series but too embarrassed to be seen in a 3 series?
Not really but kinda? Two door 4 series vehicles are the 3 series coupe successors. The 4 door ones fill a different niche in that they aren’t as roomy as either the 3 or 5 but perhaps give a sportier look? I went from m550i to m4 comp coupe because the coupe looks better to me than the m3, but each to his own and while the m550i was a terrific vehicle, the m4 is an excellent track car and I run laps pretty frequently.

That said bmw has been pissing me off lately in a number of ways and I plan on moving on from the brand next car.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a question.

Its a side step, not up or down.

Its just a marketing ploy by BMW. And, it works. The 4 series didn't exist until the F generation. Before that it was just 3 series or M3s with 2 doors or 4 doors. Now, it's like a "lifestyle" car because it has a slopping roof and is less practical, but still sensible because 4 doors.

• 1Cringe

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Its a side step, not up or down.

Its just a marketing ploy by BMW. And, it works. The 4 series didn't exist until the F generation. Before that it was just 3 series or M3s with 2 doors or 4 doors. Now, it's like a "lifestyle" car because it has a slopping roof and is less practical, but still sensible because 4 doors.

So you're saying its a marketing gimmick to trick people

• 1Truth!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Perfect, thank you.

Sounds like the perfect way to separate retards from $50K
Those things start at $60k and go up to about $85k. All sorts of cars are ridiculously expensive now. Friend of mine bought a loaded pickup truck ... not anything crazy, just a nice pickup... $90k.

People are retarded.

• 1Cringe

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Those things start at $60k and go up to about $85k. All sorts of cars are ridiculously expensive now. Friend of mine bought a loaded pickup truck ... not anything crazy, just a nice pickup... $90k.

People are retarded.
It's pretty amazing what it costs for options. I have a bare-bones F-350 coming from the factory next month that only has functional options (differential lock, skid plates, etc.) and it's $65k. Your buddy is spending $35k on leather seats and some chrome and a few electronic gadgets.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welp, my body is ready.

I wish they would have shown it doing more than just a vertical takeoff and landing. $140,000 is a very reasonable cost given what it does. That price could come down if they found a way of mass producing them. They will need to find away of increasing the 35 minute limit. 35 minutes goes by really fast. The real problem is getting over the actual flying. Many people, including me, have issues with heights. I can go up in a Cessna or a large craft but this is really small and I am very sure that my hands would be sweating riding this. Also, show me how it does with 40+ mph winds and torrential downpours. How well does it perform in temperatures of 10 degrees or less? It is a nice idea as a way of replacing helicopters for airport to destination trips.

The auto system helps to hopefully alleviate stupid but you just know that people will try to override it so they can go where they want.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty amazing what it costs for options. I have a bare-bones F-350 coming from the factory next month that only has functional options (differential lock, skid plates, etc.) and it's $65k. Your buddy is spending $35k on leather seats and some chrome and a few electronic gadgets.
I am sure you are right, I'm just amazed at how high they can go considering they are god damn pickup trucks.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

People are retarded.

Catalogue value on the 440i i got is well over 90k euro. 99k iirc. It is actually full option.

I got it 2nd hand so the first owner ate the depreciation.

Dont you drive a pretty recent porsche wirh an automatic gearbox?

Seems a pretty shitty financial choice.

Last edited:
  • 1Cringe