Car ?'s

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So I have a 2002 Accord that's leaking oil pretty badly from the horizontal seam at the arrow. Anyone have a clue what that part is called? I've checked out some engine diagrams and between my ignorance and the age of available documentation I got nothing. I'm obviously going to take it in to get serviced, but wanted to be able to do some research first to evaluate quotes.

I'm hoping the repair bill doesn't total the car; I wanted to keep it as a beater for when my kids start driving.

1677547844962.jpeg

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
So I have a 2002 Accord that's leaking oil pretty badly from the horizontal seam at the arrow. Anyone have a clue what that part is called? I've checked out some engine diagrams and between my ignorance and the age of available documentation I got nothing. I'm obviously going to take it in to get serviced, but wanted to be able to do some research first to evaluate quotes.

I'm hoping the repair bill doesn't total the car; I wanted to keep it as a beater for when my kids start driving.

View attachment 460865

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 460865
does your accord have vtec? that loos lie a vtec solenoid, i'm not sure b/c my 7th gen civic doesn't have vtec, but thats what it would have it did

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know nothing about cars but could probably fix a 20 year old hydro power plant with some duct tape and gum.
you'd also probably have to hunt and kill a cow and render down it's fat for grease according to our foh cancer scientists

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Got the m440i today. Did 120 miles, mix of highway and small roads.

It is fast, feels great to drive with the adaptive suspension offering comfort or a stiffer setup. Absolute improvement over my 428i. The x-drive is reassuring but not noticeable unless you throw the car.

The upgraded brakes are nice, but I did manage to get them fading at the end of the test drive. This involved repeated fast breaking from 135 to 60 mph and some emergency stops from 90 mph though.

They passed for sure knowing its a 2 ton vehicle. Ceramics would not hurt.

The voice controls are a laugh. "Hey bmw. My butt is cold" turns on chair heating. I have heated seats in front and back, I will enjoy this more then expected. There will be no cold butts.

M sport seats look nice and sit ok for now, but I need to figure out how to improve lower back support. Should be easy.

The way the rpm and speed dials work is counter intuitive. The old analog setup was a lot better. Unsure if I can change this, if not I'll have to get used to it.

The hud is very good to see just how much you are speeding. I always loved the i drive system, the touch screen just makes it a bit better.

I'm happy. Sunroof would have been nice though.

Glad I did not go for an m4, this car has plenty of power for daily driving and offers more relevant driving modes for a daily.

While the sales guy was nice, he didn't know too much about the car. When I asked if I could remote start it he said it wasn't an option, so I showed him how to turn the option on and remote start it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got the m440i today. Did 120 miles, mix of highway and small roads.

It is fast, feels great to drive with the adaptive suspension offering comfort or a stiffer setup. Absolute improvement over my 428i. The x-drive is reassuring but not noticeable unless you throw the car.

The upgraded brakes are nice, but I did manage to get them fading at the end of the test drive. This involved repeated fast breaking from 135 to 60 mph and some emergency stops from 90 mph though.

They passed for sure knowing its a 2 ton vehicle. Ceramics would not hurt.

The voice controls are a laugh. "Hey bmw. My butt is cold" turns on chair heating. I have heated seats in front and back, I will enjoy this more then expected. There will be no cold butts.

M sport seats look nice and sit ok for now, but I need to figure out how to improve lower back support. Should be easy.

The way the rpm and speed dials work is counter intuitive. The old analog setup was a lot better. Unsure if I can change this, if not I'll have to get used to it.

The hud is very good to see just how much you are speeding. I always loved the i drive system, the touch screen just makes it a bit better.

I'm happy. Sunroof would have been nice though.

Glad I did not go for an m4, this car has plenty of power for daily driving and offers more relevant driving modes for a daily.

While the sales guy was nice, he didn't know too much about the car. When I asked if I could remote start it he said it wasn't an option, so I showed him how to turn the option on and remote start it.

What was the question?

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the part of the forum where we try to act as reasonable and mature.

Try harder.

I was being polite by asking where your question was. I could have very easily commented about posting in the other car thread since this one is for inquiring about car related matters, not writing a blog.

But, you go right ahead and feel slighted, snowflake.

• 2Like