Car ?'s

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea that is a lot of weight difference.

After looking into it my car is "only" 1828 kg, which is about 240 more then my 428i.

Probably while this feels heavy to me.

My previous car had a spartan sport suspension, this one has the adaptive which is very nice. Can actually take speed bumps, even the badly constructed ones, without having to slow to a crawl and driving onto them diagonally.

The suspension on the old car, combined with low profile pilot sports tires and large rims made it so harsh that if I got a pebble stuck in the tire I'd feel it. Fun times.

M440i sound inside the car is mostly fake unless you drive it hard with open valves at which point the engine noises are loud enough to experience. That kind of driving isn't legal anywhere besides Germany. The startup and idle in a garage are awesome though.

So? Fuckin' drive how you want as long as it's not reckless.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So? Fuckin' drive how you want as long as it's not reckless.

I do that, but I picked up the car at 15.00 and got a fine at 17.03 on the same day. We have an insane amount of cameras which do trajectory controls besides their regular speed checks. Hard to avoid.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Thats what I was about to say, I thought my model 3 performance was heavy...

Less plastic and more mechanical parts I'm guessing.

Teslas are nice cars but I consider their interior and build quality pretty low.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Less plastic and more mechanical parts I'm guessing.

Teslas are nice cars but I consider their interior and build quality pretty low.
Your opinion is extremely important to me, thank you for providing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do that, but I picked up the car at 15.00 and got a fine at 17.03 on the same day. We have an insane amount of cameras which do trajectory controls besides their regular speed checks. Hard to avoid.

Shame. In the states a speed camera is not a legal means of fining someone.

• 1Solidarity

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Less plastic

200.gif

This is a modern BMW you're talking about

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy watching you make these never-ending series of bad decisions.

Please keep posting.

Somehow everything I assume about you, eventually ends up being proven true. Always.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Your opinion is extremely important to me, thank you for providing it.

I knew this but thanks for the confirmation.

If you have other questions, about your tesla or whatever, I am here for you.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I never thought about all this self driving shit being right in the front of the car. I guess now every time you hit a deer your car is going to be totaled.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a lot of expensive stuff up front even without self driving added. Parts prices on some commonly damaged parts like headlights and mirrors are also really inflated on some cars until the aftermarket catches up.

Tesla's notorious for this, read one case where they charged over $8000 for a new hood that for any other car would be a few hundred at most. Lots of nearly new Teslas end up totaled because of it.

• 1Cringe

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's a lot of expensive stuff up front even without self driving added. Parts prices on some commonly damaged parts like headlights and mirrors are also really inflated on some cars until the aftermarket catches up.

Tesla's notorious for this, read one case where they charged over $8000 for a new hood that for any other car would be a few hundred at most. Lots of nearly new Teslas end up totaled because of it.

aren't outrageous panel quotes b/c theyre carbon fiber?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
aren't outrageous panel quotes b/c theyre carbon fiber?

Teslas are not made of carbon fiber, they're almost entirely aluminium in case of the S and a mix of aluminium and steel for the 3 and Y.

Tesla increasingly uses die cast aluminium to make large parts of the body in one go (instead of having to bond a lot of smaller parts together) which makes the car cheaper to produce but more difficult to repair because the job becomes so complicated as to be economically unfeasible.

1680506324253.png

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Got my car back. They predicted 4 weeks but repaired it in two.

Life is good.

• 1Double Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DAMN!!

17% of car buyers are paying $1,000.00 a month or more on a car loan. People are paying for seven years... My House mortgage not including tax/insurance is $1320.00.

Feels so good to have bought my Tacoma outright this year.

The market is fine. Nothing to see here.

Season 4 Nbc GIF by The Good Place
Why do you think they did away with those financial literacy classes in high school? Can't have informed and educated consumers.

Edit: ps.. using a calculator and 6% interest and NY sales tax and rolling everything into the loan, a 62k total financed amount over 84 months is $1013.

That is like a base F-150 or maybe a couple of upgrades.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New 5 series introduction is next month, some reviewers got to drive a prototype. Has new autonomous driving features and will allow you to signal or confirm a lane change with just a head movement. I'm not really in it for the self driving stuff but this does look like an interesting evolution in the tech.