Car ?'s

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The bumper is plastic so I'm not worried about color match since the car is so recent, not like it faded.

My insurance covers this 100%, and I get a free replacement while they repair it, since I haven't caused an accident in 15 years while full omnium insured, my yearly cost doesn't increase either.

I just have to miss the car until end of april. Sucks.

Still have 23 months of factory warantee, will tune it after, maybe.
Plastic doesn't mean it comes pre-painted. At least for any body panel I have ever seen. Which means the body shop is doing the paint on the bumper. For US insurance, we are allowed to pick our body shop, and why I would never just let the insurance decide where they get the best deal, regardless of the longevity of the work.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The bumper is plastic so I'm not worried about color match since the car is so recent, not like it faded.

My insurance covers this 100%, and I get a free replacement while they repair it, since I haven't caused an accident in 15 years while full omnium insured, my yearly cost doesn't increase either.

Enjoy your increased insurance rates.

Also, congrats on the big brain move of crashing your new BMW. You're a real BMW owner now.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Enjoy your increased insurance rates.

Also, congrats on the big brain move of crashing your new BMW. You're a real BMW owner now.

You are such a jealous little man, it is funny.

I put the bag of salt there just for you.

There is an old washing machine in the back also.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You are such a jealous little man, it is funny.

I put the bag of salt there just for you.

There is an old washing machine in the back also.

I enjoy watching you make these never-ending series of bad decisions.

Please keep posting.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Passenger had my attention while I was driving out of a parking.

Thought the small road I was driving onto was part of the parking, but it was a 50 mph road.

Jeep with trailer was coming from right side, I braked some and turned so much to the left Marx would envy it, but the trailer still hit cars bumper on the right front and dragged along to the front.

The front sensors and cameras are all fucked. The pic is from after I slammed the beaver teeth back in what remains of the front.
You didn't have your turn signal on, did you? BMW... chance of turn signal is 0.4%

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
seeta aur geeta bollywood GIF

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If it's new, it should be 36 months warranty now. I have that same engine (well the first version without the mild hybrid stuff on it) in a 540i and it's still very good at 100k km. Some rebuilds on youtube though with broken ring lands. Pre-ignition (LSPI) is suspected to be an issue on these if they are tuned or the wrong oil is used. Going to leaving mine stock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If it's new, it should be 36 months warranty now. I have that same engine (well the first version without the mild hybrid stuff on it) in a 540i and it's still very good at 100k km. Some rebuilds on youtube though with broken ring lands. Pre-ignition (LSPI) is suspected to be an issue on these if they are tuned or the wrong oil is used. Going to leaving mine stock.

The hybrid stuff really adds to the comfort of driving. I always turn stop/start off, but with this in comfortmode, the electrical stuff does the inital launch in regular traffic and only turns on engine if you do over a few mph, 6 or so iirc. It goes so smooth you don't notice.

540i is nice though. How much fo those weigh? Mine is at 2.2 ton.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The hybrid stuff really adds to the comfort of driving. I always turn stop/start off, but with this in comfortmode, the electrical stuff does the inital launch in regular traffic and only turns on engine if you do over a few mph, 6 or so iirc. It goes so smooth you don't notice.

The 4 series now weighs that much? WTF?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

1750kg for station wagon xdrive. Engine is pretty quiet in the 5 though, it sounds great but if you have the radio up you can't hear it at all. I drove the previous generation 4GC with the same engine and it's a lot sportier sounding in that. Different target market I guess, I didn't get the 4GC because the ride was too harsh for me.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1750kg for station wagon xdrive. Engine is pretty quiet in the 5 though, it sounds great but if you have the radio up you can't hear it at all. I drove the previous generation 4GC with the same engine and it's a lot sportier sounding in that. Different target market I guess, I didn't get the 4GC because the ride was too harsh for me.

Yea that is a lot of weight difference.

After looking into it my car is "only" 1828 kg, which is about 240 more then my 428i.

Probably while this feels heavy to me.

My previous car had a spartan sport suspension, this one has the adaptive which is very nice. Can actually take speed bumps, even the badly constructed ones, without having to slow to a crawl and driving onto them diagonally.

The suspension on the old car, combined with low profile pilot sports tires and large rims made it so harsh that if I got a pebble stuck in the tire I'd feel it. Fun times.

M440i sound inside the car is mostly fake unless you drive it hard with open valves at which point the engine noises are loud enough to experience. That kind of driving isn't legal anywhere besides Germany. The startup and idle in a garage are awesome though.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

After looking into it my car is "only" 1828 kg, which is about 240 more then my 428i.

My previous car had a spartan sport suspension, this one has the adaptive which is very nice. Can actually take speed bumps, even the badly constructed ones, without having to slow to a crawl and driving onto them diagonally.

The suspension on the old car, combined with low profile pilot sports tires and large rims made it so harsh that if I got a pebble stuck in the tire I'd feel it. Fun times.

M440i sound inside the car is mostly fake unless you drive it hard with open valves at which point the engine noises are loud enough to experience. That kind of driving isn't legal anywhere besides Germany. The startup and idle in a garage are awesome though.

Yea adaptive probably helps a lot, I drove one with the normal sports suspension and that was way too rough for my liking. Not a fan of the fake engine noise myself. On some cars you can just unplug the module (it's called ASD for active sound design), it can also be coded out if you want. I've had the chance to drive the M760 and that had fake noise too, had to drive it around with the windows open to hear any actual engine sound. I cannot imagine why they would expect anyone to want to listen to computer generated noise after they forked over 150k for a V12.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

hows your car manage to weight more than a tesla?