Car ?'s

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
New 5 series introduction is next month, some reviewers got to drive a prototype. Has new autonomous driving features and will allow you to signal or confirm a lane change with just a head movement. I'm not really in it for the self driving stuff but this does look like an interesting evolution in the tech.

I can already get the car on semi-auto to change lanes for me. System works fine with clear lines on the road, which we generally don't have in Belgium. We do have traffic though.

System is also fine if there is a car ahead of you.

It will not work without good quality roads or a car to follow.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Call me old fashion but I prefer to just drive my own car. My truck has all the warning systems and lane systems and I deactivated them all. If I reach a point when I am unable to drive my own vehicle, then I will just stop driving.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
20230507_101437.jpg

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Call me old fashion but I prefer to just drive my own car. My truck has all the warning systems and lane systems and I deactivated them all. If I reach a point when I am unable to drive my own vehicle, then I will just stop driving.
I can say that I was in your camp early on with my car. Every long distance trip I take though I am letting the car drive more and more. I agree with you 100% that traffic and road quality factor into my decision. I let the car drive itself through SC, Ga and Fl. Not so much in NY, NJ, Del.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can say that I was in your camp early on with my car. Every long distance trip I take though I am letting the car drive more and more. I agree with you 100% that traffic and road quality factor into my decision. I let the car drive itself through SC, Ga and Fl. Not so much in NY, NJ, Del.
pretty sure your tesla would spazz out on the bqe

• 1Truth!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Plates are tied to a person and not the vehicle, maybe? Businesses then have separate plate procedures for multiple vehicles, I would assume. Don't see any benefit to this, as two vehicles with the same plates on it sounds confusing for police.

Edit: Didn't actually scroll back up and look close at the plates, they aren't the same. One is 1111 (4 ones) and the other is 11111 (5 ones). So the dude (probably) payed for similar personal plates for his cars.

Edit2: Also, why the original picture by Planko was posted in the "Car ?s" thread or how it related to the previous discussion is still a mystery.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Belgium will let you put just about anything on your personalized plate. Any other European country would have 30 pages of rules about things you're not allowed to put on it, not them. It's so very typically Belgian, they don't seem to care enough to regulate it.

1683481479874.png

1683481557787.png

• 1Worf