Car ?'s

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Well rub those two fucking brain cells together and think about how cheap electricity is and how little of it my car uses to go a mile and then ask yourself whether electric motors are more efficient.

This does not require a phd to figure out. You can manage it, I promise.
Yeah but what's the average lifespan and maintenance cost of your electric vehicle?

Stop being a wanker. Your Tesla is overrated as fuck and it dumb as shit to buy a car that's all electronics. Less electronics the better, for the most part.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
found out why my ac needs a monthly recharge even with sealant, i have a huge hole...

now i got new ac lines and even a scale and a vac pump (i guess i need to vac the air out of a system, since it's empty) coming tomorrow, jesus.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Always good times when a minor repair turns in to a week long project as you find more and more things that need to be fixed.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Ya if you're a fucking pleeb who doesn't know shit about electronics. I do all the electrical work on my truck and cars. Then again I have a degree in EE

I happen to also have a degree in EE. It doesn't make it any easier to find a bad ground or an intermittent short somewhere in the 2 miles of largely inaccessible wiring in your car which you have no schematics for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I happen to also have a degree in EE. It doesn't make it any easier to find a bad ground or an intermittent short somewhere in the 2 miles of largely inaccessible wiring in your car which you have no schematics for.
Exactly why you shouldn't buy a Tesla. My truck isn't laced up with the latest fancy electronics. Replacing door lock actuators? No prob, electronic side steps not working? No prob.

I dunno. If I could add any tech to my truck it would be Bluetooth, charging pad, and led indicators for when a car is next to me. Absolutely nothing more, those to me are my essentials.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Lanx goes through all this overhaul of his car only to find out that his AC compressor was just shitting the bed.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
If I could add any tech to my truck it would be Bluetooth, charging pad, and led indicators for when a car is next to me.

Well the bluetooth part is easy.

I use this thing in one of our tractors and it just works. I have actually replaced the head unit in several other machines to have bluetooth and frankly, I like this better than the pioneer receivers I've put in. 20 bucks and it just does what it's supposed to do and nothing else. I've even successfully had phone calls over it while driving the tractor which I did not expect at all because it's pretty noisy in there.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
literally me
med_gallery_62975_22532_279388.jpg

brb gotta buy more sockets and extensions after they fucking sheered off

What kinds of fucking limp rang rang rice job is this? Where is the bookshelf spoiler, racing stripes, momo wheels, and 5 point harnesses?

• 1Worf

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
What would you rather? A 2018 Porche Boxster S, or the brand new Chevy Corvette C8?

The 2018 is already the 4 cylinder 718 model right? No thank you. Also, convertibles are for fags.

I'd do a Cayman GT4 or a 911 over the C8, because the flat-6 makes nice music, but the 4 cylinder is ass. Literally sounds like a WRX. Fucking AIDS.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but what's the average lifespan and maintenance cost of your electric vehicle?

Stop being a wanker. Your Tesla is overrated as fuck and it dumb as shit to buy a car that's all electronics. Less electronics the better, for the most part.

Uhh, are you fucking serious?

All cars are heavily electronic now, anyway. Idiot.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Beyond the government subsidy nonsense I don't get the hate for Tesla. If I didn't find the styling so bland I'd have one.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
They appeal to the "Look at me I'm saving the planet" douchebags and also the "Look at me I'm technologically advanced and part of the future" douchebags which makes them very hateable. Also from what I hear they're kind of buggy.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Beyond the government subsidy nonsense I don't get the hate for Tesla. If I didn't find the styling so bland I'd have one.

I'll say it if no one else will: Teslas are styled more poorly than Hondas. Their paint and lines are just ugly.

I want to assume their handling sucks, but I think Cad would find fault with that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'll say it if no one else will: Teslas are styled more poorly than Hondas. Their paint and lines are just ugly.

I want to assume their handling sucks, but I think Cad would find fault with that.

The Model 3 looks like something I would buy the hypothetical wifey to drive the kids to school, while the Model S just looks dated at this point. I liked it when it first came out, but it's become seriously dated looking imho.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
plug in only makes no sense to me, like what if you have to drive over 200 miles? then you have to google where are the chargers at, and is this my charging outlet compatible?

it'd be some kind of hybrid, thats why i was looking at the Prius AWDe, and yes i will admit it is a faggy car still

Siliconemelons

Honestly after driving a pure EV - its either one or the other ... a hybrid system does give you the "real" advantages of a EV... aka the essential zero maintenance, increased reliability and lifespan that is just reliant upon your battery life.

If batteries got cheaper/better and you could just swap one out for a decent cost- your EV cars essentially would last for 20 years fairly easy.

A hybrid system destroys that and ADDS complexity, cost and wear to the entire system. Add in that there are tons of small little i4's rolling around high 20-3X MPG in the city, there is not much reason for hybrids.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
plug in only makes no sense to me, like what if you have to drive over 200 miles? then you have to google where are the chargers at, and is this my charging outlet compatible?

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.53.39 PM.png