Card Hunter

Jadepanther_sl

shitlord
Just card combat. Build your deck, fight shit, repeat.
Which is a shame imo. I really like the style of running old PnP modules, but I'd wish there was more to the game than just combat. While fun for a while, it find it gets boring fast. The combat is solid, but I feel they could do so much more with the game, actually playing those simple modules, a bit exploring, more story, some riddles, stuff like that and not just combat.

Oh well, it is still a fun game once in a while.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's such a blend of genres that if you're really into one and not the others you'll probably find it lacking. If you want an awesome card game it's not that. If you want an awesome tabletop game it isn't that. If you want an awesome PnP game it definitely isn't that. They definitely have a ton of expansion planned but it'll only come to fruition if it makes enough money. The single player campaign to level 18 only uses about 1/3rd of the map that could also be easily added onto for even more. If it's a monetary success as a free-to-play I'm sure they'll keep adding races, classes, items, levels, single player modules, etc. but I can't see them ever turning it into the co-op DnD experience you want. It's just not that game and it isn't trying to be.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fun game. It's not going to keep me engaged for hours on end, but will be fun to play once in a while. I definitely don't like the play to win they have going, where subscribing nets you more loot after every battle, but I doubt I'll play multiplayer much anyways.

Anyone know if there is going to be a character wipe when the beta is over, or when beta is over? Didn't really see any FAQ area in their forums.

Rime

<Donor>
Therewillbe a character wipe before the game goes live, though you will be given any 'pizzas' you purchased from the store to spend over again.

Therewillbe a character wipe before the game goes live, though you will be given any 'pizzas' you purchased from the store to spend over again.
I'm only up to level 5, but it looks like you can earn free pizzas (the game currency) by completing dungeons. So I suppose it is worth leveling up in beta even with the character wipe coming, since you can keep all the pizzas you earn for after release.

Rime

<Donor>
Negative. The pizzas you get for 'free' are lost when the wipe occurs, though you will be able to earn them again, as they are part of the storyline. The pizzas that will be reimbursed are those that you purchase via microtransactions.

Rime

<Donor>
It has not been announced yet. It will occur when the game shifts from beta to release.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I wouldnt worry about wipe and release for now. It's a very small company and it might take a long time to go open beta/live (registered for beta like 2 years ago and had already given up on the project when the beta came because there was like no updates for a year). Just play as long as you have fun with what's there right now and earmark it for later.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldnt worry about wipe and release for now. It's a very small company and it might take a long time to go open beta/live (registered for beta like 2 years ago and had already given up on the project when the beta came because there was like no updates for a year). Just play as long as you have fun with what's there right now and earmark it for later.
LOL

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
It picked up a 7/10 review:

"Card Hunter is a little creased, but I can't say I mind. It has a lot of potential and I'm interested to see how it grows, because it's a game that's all about trying new things: new tricks, new combinations, new possibilities. If you don't enjoy testing your luck or repeatedly rebuilding your heroes, then it's going to drive you absolutely nuts, but otherwise it's an almost entirely free game with a lot to give. That's a good deal."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-hunter-review

Caliane

yeah. like this alot.

Early game. mages seem way stronger then warriors.
Range, piercing, no parry, elec is strong vs blocking. ground fields. pushbacks. Ive won the vast majority of my pve missions that are close via kiting with my mage or hotspot/spike traps. with my warrior dead.
priests/clerics are just below mages. who also seem to have much more utility. take off once they start getting some of the draw another card traits on heals, and aoe heals. some nice damage moves too.
Wars seem bad. 2 slot hold really hurts them. means you can only 2 armor/block cards, but need to get in melee range all the time. Subject to point blank spells, and encumber, etc. parry/block, when attacking.

Haven't done enough pvp to really get a full grasp for late game yet.

Race. Too soon to really judge here as well. First impressions are, I like elf movement at 4/turn... but at the same time, actual elf race skills have been terrible.
my 11 war/mage both have blank slots in their race slot. As 3 walks as shit.. ..but still better then the god awful negative trait cards that all the equal level elf racials have at this point. And which are really not offset by the weak cards that come with it.
My human priests however is decent.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Color me surprised, I sure as hell wouldnt have thought that.

Did they expand the single player part beyond lvl18ish? The closed beta forum claimed the lvl cap was 50 and I'm wondering if that was just a false assumption or if everything I saw in beta is what you get now. Gonna buy the adventure pack just because I already had enough fun with the campaign in the beta to feel I got my money's worth. That way even if they have no new single player content I get to see some new stuff.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Really disliking the low level items. Forcing you to have a deck with crap or equipping items that have cards that are traps is ridiculous.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a chance to play some yesterday and managed to work my way up to 1st place in the multi player ranking, at least for the day. I'm sure some evening player knocked me off the top by now.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I got a chance to play some yesterday and managed to work my way up to 1st place in the multi player ranking, at least for the day. I'm sure some evening player knocked me off the top by now.
It's a bug. We're all #1 daily and weekly.

I'm ranked like 800 with over 1k score.