Card Hunter

Northerner

N00b
Mine appeared today as well. Will see how it looks.

EDIT: So far so good. Seems reasonably deep while remaining approachable for certain. A little concerned about the microtrans stuff but will see how I can do without plowing any cash into it. Were it closer to $5 a month for all 'standard' MTs then I might nibble but not a chance I'm throwing down $10/m + more for dungeons etc.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Forgot to suggest it to the wife before - she's beating me up over it after really enjoying one full "mission" - hopefully her wait isn't too long, great goddamn game.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
After playing this, it reminds me of games like Hero Clix. I bet if the makers of Hero Clix saw this shit they would flip, easy money.

Also tips? Or links to tips? There is a lot to figure out and I'd like a little head start or some light reading while I'm not playing. Things like race/weapon/class choosing, synergy, maybe a few of the best or OP abilities to look for, especially once I start to PVP I'd like to not get my ass handed to me because I'm missing something obvious.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got my invite this evening also. Just played through the tutorial and it's incredibly fun so far.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
After getting a taste of fighting against a real person I could never go back to playing PVE. I know it sucks waiting for others to make their move and shit but a match is usually 10-15 mins long.

They really need to implement a timer per round instead of overall. You'll bump into fuckers that will see that they were going to lose and they go afk.
Yea I can see how it would be great fun in multiplayer, but something like you describes really annoys me to the point that I simply dont bother with turn-based multiplayer (would love me some casual MTG online but its just as bad there). Considering this is a closed beta, I imagine the 'fuck you'-AFK attitude level will rise with open beta and release, too.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
By then I hope they'll change the timers & shit to avoid situations like this. Out of 200-300 matches I had maybe 5-10 'fuck-you'-AFK guys.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I got in last night as well. Really enjoying it so far. It's got a great and very unique feel to it. Not so much a CCG as a squad based strategy/card game. I hope they are able to produce a ton of PvE content. Anyone know if there are plans to introduce more classes or races or is this all that's planned so far?

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I got in last night as well. Really enjoying it so far. It's got a great and very unique feel to it. Not so much a CCG as a squad based strategy/card game. I hope they are able to produce a ton of PvE content. Anyone know if there are plans to introduce more classes or races or is this all that's planned so far?
Some of their older dev diaries mentioned rogues as a potential 4th class that might be in by launch, but I stopped paying as much attention to the web site once I actually got into beta, so I'm not sure where that stands at the moment.

This articleis from 2011, but it briefly mentions the rogue and some potential additional hybrid classes that might be added down the road.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks to this thread I checked and found I got into the beta too. Really enjoying it so far, but only finished up the tutorial at this point. Would it be better for me to wait to level up a bit before trying multiplayer and getting my "bonus chest?" Just wondering if it is a one time deal and I'd be wasting it taking it at level 2.

I'm already hooked via seeing all the shit I can't come anywhere near affording in the armory.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
It's not a one time thing, it's a daily quest where you have a 24 hours from the first win (not sure) to get 20 wins for the epic chest, after that you can keep playing and get regular chests. The SinglePlayer is only good to teach you the basics and most of the cards before you hopefully move to MP (you'll have your share of OMFG moments in multiplayer from Rare cards).

Got really rustled today after losing ~10 matches in a row and dropping from 1306 to 1056 rating. The flavor of the day is frenzy stacking on your warr/mage and one shotting shit. Also, fuck fireballs, had a fight against a guy with unholy power (+4 damage) and 2 fireballs in round 1, my whole team was at 30% hp by round 3.

I feel they need to tweak the damage on some cards (and remove a lot of frenzy type buffs that each gives between 10% to 400% bonus damage), and either allow you to draw 3 cards per round and/or add a guaranteed attack/magic/heal card just like the movement one.

Oh, and after 200-300 matches in MP and lvl 12 in SP I have bought 2 items from the shops.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
how is mp balanced in this game? if i skip campaign and dive straight into mp do i get crushed?

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
how is mp balanced in this game? if i skip campaign and dive straight into mp do i get crushed?
Multiplayer lets you select a group of level cap characters with decent level cap equipment. If all you care about is PvP, there's no reason not to jump right into it as soon as it gives you the option to (which is quite early). You'll be fighting against people with more tweaked teams and better equipment than you get from the prebuilt capped characters it starts you off with, but the same would be true unless you spent a lot of time working through the campaign and grinding top level PvE stuff before setting foot in multiplayer.

Vaclav

Wife's came through today after signing up about 3 days ago - they're pumping out invites now it seems.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I'm done with it until they rebalance shit. Had a guy bring his warrior from 1 hp to full hp thanks to Talented Healer (healing someone other than yourself that isn't at max hp allows you to draw a card).

Guess as you get higher in rating you'll start encountering all the broken shit people used to get there.

Chris

Potato del Grande
SIgned up for Beta 2 days ago and got invite today.

This game is fucking crack, I am exiting the building to be away from my PC before it gets hold of me.

Vaclav

LOL Chris - it is pretty damn addictive - I'm lucky to be brickwalling a bit on the PVE side to keep me slowed down though. (Lizardman boss encounter with the two spearman + boss - the spearman end up dropping two people quick almost every time, then the last doesn't have enough oomph for the weaker in comparison boss)