Carnival Row

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
First two episodes out. I don't remember shit.
we sat there watching the recap going wtf, I don't remember that, or that, ok that part I do, ...

either I slept through a bunch or its been a longass time

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
we sat there watching the recap going wtf, I don't remember that, or that, ok that part I do, ...

either I slept through a bunch or its been a longass time
It has been a long ass time. 3.5 years since season 1. I rewatched the last two episodes of season 1 to catch back up. I forgot how much of the plot got twisted right at the end.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its almost like they did not want people to watch this. Had no clue this was coming out. The first season was good enough to try out the second season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wait what? man amazon needs to do a better job at advertising.
Sounds like they basically wanted to forget about it after the pandemic hit and the only reason season 2 exists at all is as a labor of love.

Cybsled

Amazon advertises in odd spots. The Expanse had some spotty advertisement as well at times

Cybsled

I mean they're clearly evil tho, give the season a bit to develop before you assume the meta message

The Pact thing seems to have parallels with the fall of the Russian Tsar and the rise of communism. Things seem nice now for the plebs, but once the spoils get used up, I wonder if storywise you’ll end up with how the Soviets ended up. There are already shades of it since they are employing execution purges of aristocracy/ upper class people

Caliane

started s2.

feels like some mixed metaphors going on.

like we were victorian London. ok. suddenly, Guilliotines and fucking heads on spikes, from the French revolution.
and you guys suggested we swap to Russian revolution?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I remember liking the first season of this well enough?

Two episodes of S2 so far and nothing that is happening is even half way interesting.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
All I remember is that Humans are bad, pixie women are strong, empowered and levitate when they screw, an aristocratic white woman had raging jungle fever for a goat man and of course, lest we forget: Humans bad.

Someone kindly wake me if the Humans purge their city.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do like that for all their magical powers and advantages the Critch are still completely oppressed and utterly dominated by mostly mundane Victorian era technology and weaponry.

Pix can fly, accurately see the future, gather intelligence from dead people and animals, and construct flesh golems with magic. The Puck are many times stronger than regular humans as demonstrated throughout the series in addition to having much more powerful senses. There are trolls, lycanthropy and whatever other weird shit out there too.

Too bad 19th century bolt action rifles go BRRRRRRRRRRR.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Philo is pretty much the only character in the show that isn't morally ambiguous in some way. Everyone else is in the gray... other than maybe the one prick cop who has no apparent redeeming qualities.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I do like that for all their magical powers and advantages the Critch are still completely oppressed and utterly dominated by mostly mundane Victorian era technology and weaponry.

Pix can fly, accurately see the future, gather intelligence from dead people and animals, and construct flesh golems with magic. The Puck are many times stronger than regular humans as demonstrated throughout the series in addition to having much more powerful senses. There are trolls, lycanthropy and whatever other weird shit out there too.

Too bad 19th century bolt action rifles go BRRRRRRRRRRR.
White people are supreme even in woke fantasies.

• 1Like