Castle

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
YA I'M PATHETIC i get it, i liked the love story, sue me, i'm a giant softy).

i'll still be watching reruns on tnt...

oh someone with "supposedly" inside info said the crew & cast were told that they got renewed the week before, then were shocked at the cancellation notice last thursday.- supposedly- the studio heads were still shocked at how much backlash was continuing about stana being let go - both fan AND sponsor backlash-sponsors being upset about the fans being upset.

that reversal of being renewed fits nicely with what happened[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- they had an article up saying that castle got renwed, but then took it down an hr or so later...and several hrs later castle was cancelled.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I finally watched the ending to this. It's absolutely hilarious how they edited it together.. like there was no shame that they tacked on a series ending to a cliffhanger.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
YA well when - IF- the above happened(told renewed), and they had the show all set to air ~tuesday- under the knowledge that - renewed- episode ended with them lying on the floor as a "cliffhanger" ending to goto season 9, then, 5 days before airing the episode- the show runners/producers etc. get a call, oh hey, series cancelled, wrap it up- you get...well we cannot do much editing, lets just tack on that ending...they couldn't get the stars back for a quick 10 second scene showing them in the hospital recovering etc

in all honesty that ending-7 yrs later bit goes better with the ending of season 7.

still pissed about limitless being dropped too..show had potential.

Ganthorn

N00b
Before they jumped to the 7 years later thing I thought they were going to end it on something more interesting like them laying there possibly one or both dieing and just fading out but then they had to tack on the and they lived happily ever after which made it a generic lame ending imo

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the PLAN was...with the ending with them lying there, then season 9 starts with either beckett dead- or everyone believing beckett dead and then castle turns into castle PI with a 2 year time skip.

while the happily ever after ending was jarring after the shooting scene, series ending, and most fans wanted a happily ever after.

of course 3 kids= time traveller simon was right.

i would have been happy with a hospital scene, showing rick in the bed, and a doc coming in and saying that beckett was fine and both of them would be ok (implying pregnant beckett) girl in the happy scene was ~6 or 7 so potentially it was there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm several episodes behind, I don't think I even picked it back up after the mid-season break. That being said, the ending sounds so pathetic that I'm not the least bit upset about having it spoiled.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
didn't miss much only episodes that you should see are umm 8-22 the finale and 8-19 which is the setup for 22...and then only a few minutes of 19

i still have not seen 8-20 or 8-21 yet. basic cotw with no storyline continuation..

there is a rumor that abc studios is going to do a pilot of nathan as a PI...ie castle pi, just without being CASTLE, since, well, he IS under contract.