Castle

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the cliffhanger is CASTLE IS DEAD AT THE BOTTOM OF A DITCH IN HIS BURNING CAR!?!?!?!?

And IMMEDIATELY after it fades to black the promo voice comes on with "CASTLEand Beckett will be back in the Fall"

I know no one thinks he;s really dead, but that was silly=P

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i know i just chuckled at that part.

the fansite and boards for castle are in an uproar, i am hearing people who live and work in the industry are saying that the powers that be @abc are not happy at the backlash of the finale from the fans

the 2 main issues are the one and done retcon by the writers (seriously 20 seconds of dialogue could have kept it correct & wrong at the same time and kept the episode the same (stolen identity) and the fact that there was no wedding.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
someone noticed this on a board..

the car on fire...was NOT the one castle was driving(fire=audi, castle=mercedes)

faille

Molten Core Raider
Not to mention that the car is still on fire even after however long it took Beckett to drive there.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
someone noticed this on a board..

the car on fire...was NOT the one castle was driving(fire=audi, castle=mercedes)
The car in the show on fire is clearly a mercedes s-class, where do they get that it was an audi?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
twitter feed of nathan fillion when someone asked what mercedes he was supposdely driving, and went not the audi that was on fire. and nathan went SHHH!!

also
rrr_img_67256.jpg
rrr_img_67257.jpg

as you can see in those two screengrabs i took, rear lights are not the same, it is a different car. license plate i couldn't tell if they were the same due to the smoke, it looks that they might be though.

my personal preference on start of premiere:

kate in tears staring at car, rick calls out KATE WHAT ARE YOU DOING? i cannot See you in that dress YET!...
kate shock on face, whirls around and BEAMS a huge smile of relief and launches herself forward....

flash to the behind the police car that kate ran past, rick is sitting on the bumper getting treatment for the minor injuries he has, while giving his statement to the police. he has his eyes covered as he faces in kate's general direction. she grabs him in a bear hug and kisses him- soundly- breaking the kiss, while keeping his eyes closed...

can i go now, i am REALLY REALLY late for my wedding.....
next scene is the wedding and rick and kate at the "altar" and the JOP or priest going i now pronounce you man and wife..you may kiss the bride.

fade to black at them kissing to the applause of the attendees
fade up, them back from honeymoon and first day back to work as a married couple.
episode ensues...

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just a FYI preorder for season 6 is out

and

Andrew Marlow- Creater of Castle has "Stepped Down" as the showrunner and Executive Producer/writer David Amann(been with the show since season 3) has taken over the reins..

speculation is that ABC was not happy with how season 6 wrapped up, and that the stepping down might not have been voluntary due to AM's tweets about the upcoming season a week or so ago(ie tweets about so many great story ideas etc looking forward to season 7-nothing about leaving).

what this DOES show is that the potential for seasons 8-10 are there, why change show leads if they were not thinking about/planning seasons 8-10.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why wouldn't they be happy with how it wrapped up? Was a pretty big cliff hanger, that will get people to watch the next season to see what happens?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
from perusing tv sites and fan sites,,,the fans -the hardcore fans-......disliked....the destruction of the one and done canon bit (5 fucking lines of dialogue and you could have had both intact, one and done intact AND her being "married"-woulda taken maybe 30 seconds of air time (stolen identity, fastest way to be able to marry to castle is to get a divorce from rogan- they coulda still had the vast majority of the episode the same) and the fact that there was no wedding(the women fans hated this)...the feedback overall has beenBAD- i think it was TVline/guide/spoilertv, one of those had Castle winning worst finale- to ABC. an insider on one of the boards said his source had marlow and several other producers being called into ABC headquarters for a meeting and marlow was not happy Leaving the meeting.

also competition monday @10 this upcoming season is going to be tough- Blacklist, and NCIS:lA on nbc and cbs respectively. blacklist last season beat castle in ratings and viewers and ncis:la on its original night, also i think had higher ratings......so the new head of programming- with this move- hopefully- is making a move to fight to win monday nights at 10pm.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Small semi update...

so we all know the show Castle has a series of books published "BY" rick Castle with nathan fillion's picture used etc...- both nikki heat and the derrick storm books (avail everywhere)

well apparently they developing/are going to do a Sort of spinoff from Castle

a Series based On the books of Rick Castle.... Derrick Storm. Marlow is developing the pilot now.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Haha, cool. It would be fuckin awesome if Castle says he's getting a TV show made about Derrick Storm, and they go meet the people making it and the guy playing Derrick Storm. Then the guy is playing Derrick, for real, on the separate show, and playing himself as the person cast as Storm in Castle.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Amnesia storyline? Really? I knew it was coming with the time passing montage and I rolled my eyes so hard. Such a tired plot device.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't wait for Lenardo's fanfic about what Castle wasreallydoing for 2 months.

Also, at least it's looking more like he was kept drugged to induce memory loss, not a bonk on the head.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
rofl.

i got nothing.

from the show clues/whatever

1- key #38
2- dengue fever antibodies (florida, texas, central/south america, africa)
3- "tropical storm" a failed derrick storm book
4- fake id guy from the trailer/faked camp site (relating to #3)
5- bullet wound
6- delibrately using the money (sorry even i could make the money trail be extremely hard to find-and this guy is a mystery crime novelist) and looking at the camera-- btw 10k in 100's is a VERY skinny stack ( under half an inch- a dollar bill is 0.0043" thick...100, 100 dollar bills is 0.43" thick)

getting wisdom tooth out tonite...and as for fanfic- i don't do fanfic...i could, but i am sure it'd be so bad it'd be embarrassing...

my thought is....the character derrick storm was based...on a real person. (again relating - potentially -to the new derrick storm tv series next year).....and him being missing is related to that.