Castle

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
loved the fact that they brought vulcan simmons back for that scene to show him "linked" with bracken

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched the episode that had telekinesis in it, and so glad they got back to the crazy theories and ideas for each case. IMO that's what makes this show fun.

For a couple episodes prior I feel they took a more serious spin on the cases, and there was less of the fun theories Castle throws in. Almost like they were trying to go all CSI or Criminal Minds about it, but the problem was they were trying to be serious about STUPID cases. lol. Which would of been fine if Castle was there to throw his crazy into the mix but he kept quiet.

Glad they went back to the crazy and fun with the telekinesis episode.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glad they went back to the crazy and fun with the telekinesis episode.
Except it was pretty retarded.

"How did you do this in front of a hundred witnesses?"

"I'm smurt. Speshul efex durrrr"

Oh, OK that explains it.

I love the fun episodes that are fun, but I fucking hate the way that one had no real explanation.

And fuck that time travel bullshit one.

Superheroes, cosplay, zombies, steampunk shit. All awesome fun episodes.

Crone

You're right, it was pretty stupid. But that at least is better than stupid without Castles normal theories and comments.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
pictures from the next episode look like it will be hilarious, almost didn't recognize ryan...and beckett looks cool in their 70's outfits.

unconfirmed but castle will be back in the fall (a few tweets about filming restarting in july, and see you in a few months comments) ABC in australia announced it but then retracted the statement, nothing official from ABC as of yet. castle was their 2nd highest rated scripted show. averaging around 10 million viewers or live and about 15 million +7.

upcoming spoilers...

episode 21 -title law and boarder-not much known otherwise

episode 22 is another lore/beckett mother case--assumption/theory is they finally get bracken. Name of the episode is Veritas (which is on JB's gravestone) jack coleman is rumored to be in the episode -no confirmation except imdb has him down as appearing in the episode.

finale of the season episode 23 title for better or worse...RUMORED WEDDING EPISODE! rumor has it going to be a beach/ocean side affair. other than that, a man with a past with beckett is in the episode...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
pictures from the next episode look like it will be hilarious, almost didn't recognize ryan...and beckett looks cool in their 70's outfits.

unconfirmed but castle will be back in the fall (a few tweets about filming restarting in july, and see you in a few months comments) ABC in australia announced it but then retracted the statement, nothing official from ABC as of yet. castle was their 2nd highest rated scripted show. averaging around 10 million viewers or live and about 15 million +7.

upcoming spoilers...

episode 21 -title law and boarder-not much known otherwise

episode 22 is another lore/beckett mother case--assumption/theory is they finally get bracken. Name of the episode is Veritas (which is on JB's gravestone) jack coleman is rumored to be in the episode -no confirmation except imdb has him down as appearing in the episode.

finale of the season episode 23 title for better or worse...RUMORED WEDDING EPISODE! rumor has it going to be a beach/ocean side affair. other than that, a man with a past with beckett is in the episode...
Realize I'm late to the show, but I caught up over the last week. No way Bracken goes down in anything less than a two-part episode, he's the big bad of the whole goddamn series. I assume they will save him for the series finale, and I'm guessing season 7 will be the last, otherwise the show is going to get really really thin.

It's a bit cliche, but if the season finale is really titled 'for better or worse' I would put money on the season 7 opener being titled 'til death do us part' or something like that. Maybe they'll finally kill someone else, although I don't see it being Beckett or Castle, and losing Ryan or Esposito would suck.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Hah, fun episode
smile.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't much care for it. The actual case was interesting, but the wildly over-the-top fake 70's shit was retarded. Cute, but stupid.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I agree. not a fan of the 70s at the best of times but this was over the top and stretched the realms of believability, even for castle.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
not loving this past season, it's like the writers didn't know what the do once they are engaged to be married- still love the show, just this season has lacked the spark of the first 3 seasons, and they need to rediscover that spark or season 7 could be it. that said it is still one of abc's most watched shows (10million people a night) and has a huge revenue stream- books syndication etc.

i bring it back to season 5 the ending fed arc and beginning fed arc of season 6

those 5 episodes imo had beckett acting out of character, and a lot of fans hated that she took the job, myself included, to me that was not her- EVERY SINGLE TIME (except for tick tick tick/boom- and even then she started disliking it) she has had to deal with feds, she hated it, yet suddenly working as a fed is her dream job? bah..

the other issue this year was...Alexis's story arc, i mean this is a down to earth serious girl who loves her dad and she brings THAT home to live. umm not just no but HELL no. alexis's character was destroyed ,she went from #1 daughter to bitch-i hated her and pi thoughout the season, and the episode on her redemption,, just eww it was ok but i want to see beckett and castle not alexis and castle. totally out of character via the past 5 years of having her one the show.

my fav show of the year is probably #1 fan though there are some really good ones, i LIKED the 70's show, i found it hilarious.

the other issue i have is with the writing overall of the non case related aspect of the show.

1- no romance between beckett and castle for entire EPISODES.. this is your fiance, this is your partner in life and an entire show, not one kiss? in bed,. 3 feet apart?
it is like the writers have no clue.

morning scene where they are waking up. have beckett and castle be snuggled together in bed. beckett "topless" if bare shoulders so like it SEEMS like they ,,,you know... had sex. castle topless as well, getting a case have it like umm season 3 when javi and lanie were woken up...something like THAT would make the fans giddy..
arrggghhh... love the show, writing the relationship has to improve....

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Certainly does not grab me like the first 3-4 seasons did. Need to get some of the ghosts from the past injected into the show soon...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I am still enjoying the show, but I agree it's not as good as the first few seasons.

I agree that they ruined Alexis, and I miss that she used to be in most episode with personal issues that were somewhat mirroring what the case of the week was.

Also, Castle is a writer...and they seem to have dropped that altogether. He used to have to deal with his life as a writer at the same time...fame, publishing side stories, writer's block, etc...they dropped all that.

Even Esposito and Ryan seem to have less focus now. They were more involved in the stories, and had more "bromance" then now.

It's like their character "grew up" and they don't know what to do with them any more.

Oh, and about that 70's episode...damn Lanie was hot as Foxy Brown character.
smile.png

Crone

Decent episode.

Beckett and Castle fighting though just seems awkward though. Beckett is obviously pissed off at Castle for his boasting over being such a Scrabble King and yet she's willing to concede, and just brush it under the rug. I don't know, having them have a fight would have been nice. I guess it goes along the lines of I just don't see them acting as a couple very much. Just as Lenardo said.

All the internet pervs (me included) were probably loving it though seeing Beckett in a bra playing strip poker with Castle.
smile.png
yay!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Something is really lacking lately. Seems to be missing the spark of the earlier seasons, and I don't think it's just down to Castle and Beckett being together. And when do they finally get married, will we need to start calling them Castle and Castle?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I think the end of season twist should be Castle coming out that he's really been gay all this time. Would explain everything.

Crone

Lol Castle and Castle! That's exactly how it should be!!

There is that missing spark, which makes me sad, because I could see the viewership dropping off enough to have the show end at their wedding or something. I mean, probably not, but the show was so good, I hate to see it go down in flames.