Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Obviously one of my day 1 purchases in 2013. Don't think im looking forward to anything else as much as this. Well maybe Tales of Xilia, but that's pretty much it.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Siliconemelons

Such good shit...imo... Will pickup a 3DS XL for Mirror of Fate... my playstation is ready...

And is it me or did Mirror of Fate get pushed back 4 months randomly?!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
From the Pre-E3 today

Skip to about 16 minutes in. Game looks amazing.

New trailer starts at 19:50 and its as epic as possible.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Wow, the game looks great. I never checked out the first one, guess i'll have to grab that before this and play it out.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going to have to for sure replay it on the PC thats x2 good news in one thread. If you enjoy tough games this is for sure one to try out, its on Ninja Gaiden Sigma tough levels.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The first being released on PC and the 2nd coming to PC is the best shit possible.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah, a lot of people bashed the first game but the gameplay was solid and it had an absolutely fabulous world, atmosphere, and music.

I am really looking forward to this one. I should also play the 3DS prequel sometime.

Siliconemelons

I don't get the bashing of the first game, it was solid- the voice acting was insanely good- but that could just be Patrick Stewart.

I have two complaints of Lords of Shadow 1- the first is that the first 1/3ish of the game is put together perfectly you feel you are on this lonely desperate quest AS Gabriel and the interludes, books, chapter intros etc are all perfect...then the style takes a turn to the traditional of the genera and your just going along...

The DLC should have been fleshed out more or nonexistent- and the final battle was very hard when by that point you just want to see the story of getting from the end of LoS to the Epilogue... plus
the fight with Satan was awesomely constructed even if some found it a bit 'easy' it was a great great final battle

spoilered for those who have not played the first...and you should- its a great game

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished playing through LoS 1 two days ago, bought it cheap a few weeks ago. Gorgeous game, loved the scenery of every level. I really enjoyed the game play, they obviously stole mechanics from God of War & Shadow of the Colossus but they stole them with care.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure DMC is the originator of most of the mechanics found on these adventure games anways, not GoW granted it may have built upon them in some /slight/ ways.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
so this game looks good because the non-gameplay trailer looked neat?

got it.
Wait, are you hating on something Patrick Stewart is narrating? It could only be better if William Shatner was saying Ultra Combo after every 6 hits.

Joking aside LoS 1 was phenomenal and without a doubt had one of the best story ever laid on an action/adventure game. The story alone is more than enough reason to play it. There is no doubt in my mind that the 2nd will build upon it and have yet another fantastic musical score to go along with it.