Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Siliconemelons

I do not think so, it feels a little better than the Dacula X chronicals on the PSP, it's not as defined as LoS but I don't feel it is lagged, all 2.5d games can sometimes be 'soft' per say.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
frown.png

I hate to say it, but good. Get your God of War style gameplay and canon destroying story the fuck out of my Castlevania.

Siliconemelons

Was that a bad review? 8.3 is not that bad- but it does make me feel like it is not quite "as good" as LoS1 but better? I am not digging modern world- lots of people are but eh I like my castles to be castles.

LoS was not meant to replace the IGA canon- if you could call the "classic" castlevanias as having anything to do with canon... they are terriably disjointed- if you follow the plot etc. dracula is kind of done after SOtN after being informed of his wifes wishes etc by his son etc. etc. and if you look at the games after sotn he is russurected in all instances, not a natural 100year comeing back. Sans the 1999 game that we never really got true information about.

Crowing, play Mirror of Fate, its very Drac X like

I will pick up LoS2 once I finish MoF :p its Castlevania I will play it.

Siliconemelons

jumped over to a CV forum, apparently it is getting murdered in a good batch of reviews plopping it in at 5 to 6 on a 10 scale, sometimes for objectively singular reasons.

I think there will be a PS4 XB1 1080 60fps port of the LoS trillogy announced by end year- they have LoS2 on PC at 1080 and 60fps... some complaints where of visuals but I can see why they didnt push this onto the ps4 etc as they didnt want to delay it more.

Only thing I am sad to see is some people say the ending is a bone... Mecury Steam has said they do not want to make more CV and this is the end...so what can you do to end draculas story? he dies... he is manipulated by zobek and or satan into something again and its left there? I will have to play and see it myself I suppose. You can clearly see in LoS the tone and mode change near the halfway point...it almost is like "This is where we made the deal to make LoS into CV:LoS" oh well if you didnt like CV LoS be happy this is the end? if you did, enjoy what you got!?

I do wonder what konami is planning to do with CV if this truely is it for mercury steam and los

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I finished mof last night at 100% on the hardest available setting and enjoyed almost every minute of it. I also enjoyed most of LoS and even some of the story. I'm looking forward to playing this.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the demo a bit, will be a pick up for me at some point.

The size discrepancy is the difference between prerendered cutscenes in LoS1 and in game cutscenes in LoS2. If you took out all of the movie files, LoS1 was about 6 gigs as well.

Xadion, I disagree. Disjointed, sure. There is however a very easy to follow timeline and cast of characters from CV1 all the way through Order of Ecclesia. I understand fully that this is supposed to be a reboot (albeit a 3 game reboot), but turning Ralphy B. (Trevor) into Alucard is a god damn tragic shit show.

Aside from the story issues, Mercury Steam completely misses the mark on other iconic Castlevania features. Namely the fucking Castle of all things, as well as the music (I could go on for days about how fucked the soundtracks are).

I am a Castlevania purist. I very distinctly remember my parents taking my 5 year old self to the store to pick out a new game and being enthralled by the CV1 cover and choosing it over everything else. I was hooked. To this day I still pick up Castlevania shit whenever I can and in fact tracked down a Vampire Killer Arcade machine I am considering picking up. That said, these games are NOT Castlevania, they are reskinned mediocre at best God of War clones with vampires thrown in for fun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The quality of any game is directly proportional to how large it is.
Let me expand my thought - the 35th installment of a worldwide franchise, worked on for over three years, should have enough content to fill up more than half a dvd. This isn't some shitty PSN title put together by an indie studio.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The size discrepancy is the difference between prerendered cutscenes in LoS1 and in game cutscenes in LoS2. If you took out all of the movie files, LoS1 was about 6 gigs as well.

Xadion, I disagree. Disjointed, sure. There is however a very easy to follow timeline and cast of characters from CV1 all the way through Order of Ecclesia. I understand fully that this is supposed to be a reboot (albeit a 3 game reboot), but turning Ralphy B. (Trevor) into Alucard is a god damn tragic shit show.

Aside from the story issues, Mercury Steam completely misses the mark on other iconic Castlevania features. Namely the fucking Castle of all things, as well as the music (I could go on for days about how fucked the soundtracks are).

I am a Castlevania purist. I very distinctly remember my parents taking my 5 year old self to the store to pick out a new game and being enthralled by the CV1 cover and choosing it over everything else. I was hooked. To this day I still pick up Castlevania shit whenever I can and in fact tracked down a Vampire Killer Arcade machine I am considering picking up. That said, these games are NOT Castlevania, they are reskinned mediocre at best God of War clones with vampires thrown in for fun.
Ya ok....

Siliconemelons

I could go on and on about CV lore, and are we counting Sonia? There are canon recon and inferred retconning in much of the stuff IGA has done.

My taste in game play is not the standard in CV fans, I loved CV2 and what story you can dig out from it. I do not care for the 'stage' based CV games, even if you have paths etc. For me they get usually one play through, the world exploration ones usually get more play time out of me. I loved LoI and felt the story was a good foundation, LOS has a more compelling Dacula birth and source of fight for the Belmont family to me. Order of Eccelcia was a great game and story to me, you could tell it was the Dacula from sotn more so than what you got out if whatever the bloodlines sequel was. To me I have some really convoluted but perfect to me theory on Dacula is not always 'dracula' on certain reaaurections/games that, for lack of a better term he is soulless or without personality and just a despot vampire vs the Lord of darkness.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Let me expand my thought - the 35th installment of a worldwide franchise, worked on for over three years, should have enough content to fill up more than half a dvd. This isn't some shitty PSN title put together by an indie studio.
Yeah, even with the expanded explanation its still a stupid argument.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You're right, it's probably a good thing that this shitty game is only half the size it should be.