Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Funny, I've had the exact opposite reaction so far. The platforming is all entirely on rails and is basically mash A to advance, there are invisible walls fucking everywhere and navigating the terrain is a huge guessing game as it what is real and what is backdrop, the camera is atrocious and will straight up fucking kill you because you can't see enemies, etc etc. The game is pretty enough, but all the cutscenes were rendered on consoles apparently so you get a nice super jarring transition back to 480p and 30fps every time it shows one. Holy shit the titan fights, those were so bad I almost had to quit right then and there, but thankfully there are only 2 of them apparently. Mash X a bunch and a pile of QTE is not a boss fight motherfuckers.

The general combat at least feels pretty good and has so far made the game playable and the bosses seem to be improving now that the shitfest titans are done, so it at least has that. But dear god whoever fucking thought up the idea of locked camera views and hiding items and rooms off screen can die in a fucking cancer fire.

Siliconemelons

What did they do in the port? on ps3 everything was nice and HD even the cutscenes.

The first half (although on the map its the first 2/3) of the game to me has a very differnt feel than the latter half- the first really draws you in as the character and the story of him and going about the journy- I never had an issue with the camera etc... the fighting is fine- there are some hard parts and easy parts- none of the whip combat ever gets close to the LoI level of stuff- LoI was the best 3d whip combat imo- LoS is following it... MoF actually seems so far that the combos are more needed than even in LoS1 - but in that its a 2.5d game with the insane screen clearning range of the 3d LoS whip lol.

The last half of the game its a push push push forward charge and the plot is good, has some silly parts imo and i would have gone a different way- it seems like they change directions not just with the gameplay but the story as well...at the same point... but this may have been when this game was "made" into CV- as it was not a Castlevania at first it was just Lords of Shadow.

LoS 2 I think the camera is free and the rails are less/gone- the demo was great and looks just like 1- visually awesome

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You're right about the latter half of the game and how the story changes. There are too many "gotcha" moments. The story isn't what kept me in this game though. Being a badass did that.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lot of good info on the upcoming title

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Shows Its Dark Side - IGN

rrr_img_56252.jpg

Siliconemelons

and the demo is decently long and full of win... I bet many people are spooging over those gears in the back of that scene "CLOCK TOWER MEDUSA HEADS YAY" etc.

I hope the plot handels the premis well, he is still fighting satan, and I foresee his self redemption when he realises that he was and has been doing the work of God he set out to do by defeating Satan (again) while thinking not- I mean at the end of LoS1 gabe is just thouroughly pissed off at God and Satan with just as much passion...well maybe a wee bit more for Satan...it is satan after all :p

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Riding horse and fighting things on either side of you not so ez on a first attempt.

Then again, I was using a keyboard like a dummy at the time. Got a controller for Dark Souls, probably way more doable.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just played a bit of the demo for this last night. Reminds me I really need to finish the first one. I finally have a gaming weekend coming up - so I will have some time.

The demo is fun.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Just played a bit of the demo for this last night. Reminds me I really need to finish the first one. I finally have a gaming weekend coming up - so I will have some time.

The demo is fun.
Same here. I have 2 chapters left - must finish this week. Strider is tomorrow though...fffuuuuuu.

I played the demo on steam with a 360 remote and it controlled like a charm.

Siliconemelons

From what I have read, and seen... Lords of Shadow 1 and the DS game are mere prolouges to what is LoS2 lol

Still finishing up the DS game, the HD ps3 version- its a fun romp and very much Drac X like in how it navigates etc.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You can post that in the American Pussification thread. I hate shit like this.

Siliconemelons

So Cox decided that it was enough edgyness to show you kill the father infront of the mom and kid, then suck the moms blood dry and said "okay I think thats enough just fade out on him killing the kid" turns into "DRAC RAPED THE KID"?! what?! who thought...what? oh my peoples dumb

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you just want the awesome story here is a good 5 min telling of it - ofcourse its heavy on spoilers but its good if you didnt play MoF.

Siliconemelons

Nice recap, I need to replay LoS the begining has so much story but is so fast compared to the last half. I didn't catch that the ascended spirit of the Lord's of shadow died. So that means zobek still has a ascended form in heaven.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I finally finished LoS last night. Personally I liked the ending. I immediately loaded up the HD Mirror of Fate, and am about 3 hours in. I'm determined to finish it before LoS2.

Siliconemelons

I liked the ending, and I am loving mirror of fate even if I like metroivania more than a drac x style but I still am a sucker for all things castlevania.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I liked the ending, and I am loving mirror of fate even if I like metroivania more than a drac x style but I still am a sucker for all things castlevania.
Are the controls a little...sluggish for you? I feel like the game lags all the time. (MoF)