Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I went and uhm downloaded this to check it out. The game is alright. Not sure if the direction they took with the corporations and modern day type setting was really the right way to go. I really miss the lush outdoor settings of the first one. I also don't think the stealth elements really lend themselves to Castlevania. They force it on you and it becomes a nuisance that hampers your game play. You know sometimes I just want to kill some demons with my whip and shit. The writing and voice acting will make you cringe at times too.

The game looks good but from what I played the first one had waaay better art direction. I have a feeling they lost a large chunk of their original team to another project or company. Oh yeah the game is about 6.5 GB uncompressed on my PC which is what the original LOS was so there is that for those worrying about the size of the game *shrug*.

Worth a download or just wait it out for the next Steam sale.

Not to mention you only fight 5-10 different monsters the entire game. Even though I bagged on it a page back, I simply cannot pass a CV up, so I purchased it. Beat the game in about 12 hours and just about every minute of it was forgettable. The one redeeming quality of the game is the fact that you do spend a good deal of time in the actual castle, which was a nice change from the first game. At the end of the day though, I still stand by my saying this series is nothing but mediocre at best God of War clones.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not sure what you guys are talking about. Its just what I expected and Im enjoying it greatly.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Not to mention you only fight 5-10 different monsters the entire game. Even though I bagged on it a page back, I simply cannot pass a CV up, so I purchased it. Beat the game in about 12 hours and just about every minute of it was forgettable. The one redeeming quality of the game is the fact that you do spend a good deal of time in the actual castle, which was a nice change from the first game. At the end of the day though, I still stand by my saying this series is nothing but mediocre at best God of War clones.
You probably facerolled through on Twilight Knight. Congrats.

The game's actually pretty good. The stealth sections are just puzzles really. The game's definitely better than the low scores it was netting before release. One reviewer was stuck on the Argeus maze for several hours. I don't even understand how people who can't play games get paid to review them. Death looks better than ever also.

Siliconemelons

I think some of the QQ reviews are from non CV fans, and that is good and bad- I understand LoS was done to bring more people into the fanbase of castlevania and it worked but I think they where more fans of an action GoW type games than becoming actual CV fans- being the last of this trillogy I do not really think the fan base is going to be that much bigger going to whatever is next for CV- and the ones that follow over are most likely going not to like whatever the next step is.

Look at the entire history of CV and all the styles of gameplay it has used, not many franchises have had the oppourtunity to be experianced in so many ways.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I agree the game has been fun - only problem was that I had my saved file get corrupted and had to re-start from the beginning. Was about 50% through the fuckin game too!

Xalara

Golden Squire
I agree the game has been fun - only problem was that I had my saved file get corrupted and had to re-start from the beginning. Was about 50% through the fuckin game too!
Heh, that happened to me in the first game mid way through the final boss fight. PS3 crashed and I lost all my progress. Only time I have ever had my PS3 crash.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The Atreus maze took me 10 minutes legit. I appreciated the challenge. But once I remembered most form it was so easy. That alone killed its review scores. I actually appreciated the change of pace.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Just beat it. All in all I loved it. If you didnt play the first should play both. Full story was good. Kind of shocked at the end though...Big let down and abrupt finish. Did not close the series as it was supposed to.

Loved the game though. Enjoyed the combat, story was great, graphics were great.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just beat it. All in all I loved it. If you didnt play the first should play both. Full story was good. Kind of shocked at the end though...Big let down and abrupt finish. Did not close the series as it was supposed to.

Loved the game though. Enjoyed the combat, story was great, graphics were great.
The end was utterly lame. It like just finished without any closure lol.

Gabriels motivation for doing what he did was so that he could finally die by obtaining that cross or whatever it is. Game gets to the end. He jumps out of the crater and says to alucard "So, uh you want to go Denny's or something?"