Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Since no one wants a rogue for Imp should I also lie and tell them I'm a better class when applying?
Dude...try it and post if it works. Send the RL a msg saying "No idea why RF shows me as xxxx, i'm really a xxxx" and see ifyou get invited and kept.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll see if i can wakeup before 8am on a saturday to join you guys on my resto druid, the impregnator dream is real!

edit: ^ it wasn't sarcasm haha

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Krassus you've got to realize how much you play and expecting others to play as much as you isn't realistic. Just setting yourself up for disappointment.
I don't think he's really saying that. I think he's saying if you want to join in on their raids, you need to be at their level and many of them go to that level by joining PUGS and learning there.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see another page started!~

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think he's really saying that. I think he's saying if you want to join in on their raids, you need to be at their level and many of them go to that level by joining PUGS and learning there.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see another page started!~
My white knight I take back everything about you working for Obama.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I ran into trouble early on becase I was sick or out of town for much of the first few raid weeks (I'm STILL coughing) and missed out on most of the early wipe-a-thon trial by fire raids. I didn't even transfer right away because I didn't know what the raid schedule would look like. (what raid schedule? hah) So I had that same catch-22 issue right off the bat. But it gets exponentially worse the older content gets. This is why you have to hit the ground running at the start of any exp/tier. You wind up with competent raids only taking people with achievements and an ilevel higher than the fucking loot that drops, and everything else available is a sea of failure. Pugs only get worse over time, not better, which seems to defy logic. LFR hits and suddenly everyone thinks they are raid pros. Good players gravitate to the more experienced/geared groups and the latecomers are left with dogshit, no matter how good of a player they might think they are.

Sorrows, AOTC cheev may be gold but it won't get you past the ilvl filter unless you are making your own raids (and willing to herd the sheep.. ugh) And let me tell you, those sub 640 normal raids are fucking worthless, holy goddamn. First tectus mist? RAID EXPLOSION. I almost pooped myself laughing. 70% wipe for fuck's sake. I can't get my 636 rogue farther than 2/7. The raids are just that bad. I use 0 ilvl mod to check progress, and it's nothing but raid finder and 1/7 norms being led by some screaming try hard.

So yeah, the situation he describes - it only gets worse every week. And I knew this from experience, so that's why I hammered my balls to get those imp kills done. (and bitched about being left out because I knew it would only get harder every week)

tl;dr: If you think the Catch-22 is bad now, DON'T WAIT. Bust your balls now to save a lot of pain later.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My white knight I take back everything about you working for Obama.
tumblr_m46j84TWZ21ql141xo1_250.gif

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Ahh right, i know they made a change regarding how it works slightly at some point though didn't they? maybe they just made so you still match their threat even after it drops, but if you don't do anything then they'll obviously still hold threat after those 3 seconds?
If you just taunt and don't do anything to generate threat then the mob would go back to whoever had the highest threat. I believe the way it works though is that whoever has aggro generates more threat with that target. So it's sort of like two considerations - aggro true/false and then actual threat numbers.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I ran into trouble early on becase I was sick or out of town for much of the first few raid weeks (I'm STILL coughing) and missed out on most of the early wipe-a-thon trial by fire raids. I didn't even transfer right away because I didn't know what the raid schedule would look like. (what raid schedule? hah) So I had that same catch-22 issue right off the bat. But it gets exponentially worse the older content gets. This is why you have to hit the ground running at the start of any exp/tier. You wind up with competent raids only taking people with achievements and an ilevel higher than the fucking loot that drops, and everything else available is a sea of failure. Pugs only get worse over time, not better, which seems to defy logic. LFR hits and suddenly everyone thinks they are raid pros. Good players gravitate to the more experienced/geared groups and the latecomers are left with dogshit, no matter how good of a player they might think they are.

Sorrows, AOTC cheev may be gold but it won't get you past the ilvl filter unless you are making your own raids (and willing to herd the sheep.. ugh) And let me tell you, those sub 640 normal raids are fucking worthless, holy goddamn. First tectus mist? RAID EXPLOSION. I almost pooped myself laughing. 70% wipe for fuck's sake. I can't get my 636 rogue farther than 2/7. The raids are just that bad. I use 0 ilvl mod to check progress, and it's nothing but raid finder and 1/7 norms being led by some screaming try hard.

So yeah, the situation he describes - it only gets worse every week. And I knew this from experience, so that's why I hammered my balls to get those imp kills done. (and bitched about being left out because I knew it would only get harder every week)

tl;dr: If you think the Catch-22 is bad now, DON'T WAIT. Bust your balls now to save a lot of pain later.
^ All that, +200%.

Early raids are cake because the people actually interested in gearing up got to 100 quickly and started pounding on the raids while the paste eaters were still lvl97. I was on LFR a week ago on an alt, and more than half the raid died to twirly fire bits on Twins. It wasn't hard when it came out, why now? Because the paste eaters are always going to be paste eaters, and now those paste eaters are "raiding".

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Had a pretty good time in an Imp LFR group that wiped 3x a couple days ago. Guess what the missing piece was? Marked mobs. They gave me assist and skulling mobs was enough for people to figure it out. Some pretty awful players out there, bros.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

This xpac has unfortunately amplified this effect and kind of killed guild raiding for every tier except mythic. Fortunately for me, my guild has ramped back up with some dedicated xrealmers, and in the last two weeks we've gone from shit to 6/7n 1/7h with our two night 12 hour raid schedule. Not saying it's impressive progression wise, but the fact that everyone is sticking it out even though they could be 7/7N+H through YOLO raiding by now is. Problem being, I'm stuck with the nagging worry of how long it will last because it almost takes more discipline to not just pug and get so far ahead that you are either left with making the leap to a mythic guild or just running for lols. And we know how long running for the lols tends to last.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
JT I know you are guilded but we are actively looking for people with that kind of schedule for Mythic. Sunday 8-12 EST, Tuesday 10-12 EST so a grand total of 6 hours. Really all anyone needs to do to be included is to talk to Hist who is leading the raids to see if you're DPS is up to par and from there we include people on Tuesdays.

We have 2-5 people depending on who doesn't show up from our normal crew trying out tonight, it would be much more awesome if it was rerolled people.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Echo what others are saying... I did my imp kill in a pug.. And it took quite a few painful ones before getting it. But I was late to the party and needed to catch up. Now again I'm going to get screwed cause of work.... But it just means when I get back I'll have to feel some pain again before becoming useful. Its just the nature of MMOs.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
LFR is good times, don't care what anyone says. Tectus free-for-all is like watching the WWE Royal Rumble.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
JT I know you are guilded but we are actively looking for people with that kind of schedule for Mythic. Sunday 8-12 EST, Tuesday 10-12 EST so a grand total of 6 hours. Really all anyone needs to do to be included is to talk to Hist who is leading the raids to see if you're DPS is up to par and from there we include people on Tuesdays.

We have 2-5 people depending on who doesn't show up from our normal crew trying out tonight, it would be much more awesome if it was rerolled people.
Thanks man, I'm definitely too far behind in gear right now to even think about mythic - 647 with a 640 weapon. I'd probably even be a liability on heroic Butcher at this point. After I do some catch up though, I will definitely keep it in mind.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lfr basically nothing matters at all. Normal you have four full phases plus two different dad phases where you need perfect execution. I suggest watching a video for a good idea because it would take multiple paragraphs to explain i think.