Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yes, ring. Strength, Agility, or Intelligence plus random enchantment.
Got the ring, had to reroll it, got at least one good stat. Thank you very much.

Got my weapon too. Sitting at 644 ilvl. Need to replace my 620 pvp blue legs and 620 Heroic dungeon head/chest and I'll be rockin and rollin.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
We can try it Saturday if you want, a few might be too low though
I am fine to fight whatever, like always. It is just funny to me, the gruul wipes. I've had pugs this week that one shotted flamebender, hanzfranz, oregorger, and beastmaster. Yet, I cannot get a gruul kill.

A question though. Are the BRF fights like way harder for tanks? The quality of my pug tanks has gone straight down the toilet for BRF.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I think simple unfamiliarity with the encounters is the major killer for tanks at this point. Remember, HM is fresh in you mind and people had been tanking that for 3 months.

However, Heroic BRF at 675 ilvl has a bunch of mechanics that require tanks to cycle cooldowns and call for externals (unless you're a BRM). There is nothing in Heroic Highmaul that required externals (at least, at the ilvl I beat it at... 660ish).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
BRF is definitely harder as tanks. You need to know what abilities are devastating and know all the boss strats fairly well. Tiny missteps will wipe a group

And I agree on highmaul. You only used externals to help out your healers or as an oh shit button, in BRF they are absolutely required so you are not one shot like with crippling suplex

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mord chances are looking good tonight. Was it at 8pm or 9pm?

Possibility of celebrating the mother-in-laws birthday, but it might be pushed to another night. If we aren't doing that I'll be on to help. If Poid co-tanks we can hit up Imp.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I usually start invites around 8 and as ppl trickle on when get going. There is no rush, if 9 is better for many folks.

And on that topic, I am 100% flexible Friday nights as long as it is past 8est. If people don't want to start until 9 or even 10, it doesn't matter to me. I started organizing the raid to get folks a bit higher to hopefully funnel them to the Saturday crew. I am happy to do it at whatever time the most people who are interested can attend and get some loot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Draegan seems to live the same life I do. If she's awake I run the risk of her making me do random chores and things around the house even at night, when she's asleep I can do whatever I want.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's nuts, but I understand it. But those must be overgeared peeps as I doubt most will pull 30k at 660-665

Mord it's looking likely for tonight, but probably 9 would work if so. If people are rearing to go at 8 don't wait for me though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah we don't bring alts or gimps on our occasional brf normal runs either. It's an optional once a week thing for filling holes in gear / feeling out recruits / gearing a couple of class switches (hi balance druid.) Which, as you'd expect, tends to be attended by those who need the loot the least so I expect it to be opened up to alts before long.

We do fuck around a lot on those raids though, heh. I'm down at least 20k on that goddamn gambling mod. We had a recruit start it... he lost 35k and was never seen again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah we don't bring alts or gimps on our occasional brf normal runs either. It's an optional once a week thing for filling holes in gear / feeling out recruits / gearing a couple of class switches (hi balance druid.) Which, as you'd expect, tends to be attended by those who need the loot the least so I expect it to be opened up to alts before long.

We do fuck around a lot on those raids though, heh. I'm down at least 20k on that goddamn gambling mod. We had a recruit start it... he lost 35k and was never seen again.
We are in the unfortunate situation where we are technically a casual guild, although I play on Saturdays like I'm a goddamn mythic raider. The unfortunate thing is there really is like 1 or 2 people who have no business raiding, and I'm not going to name them here but people know who they are, but who am I to say "sit out." That whole mentality is opposite of what we're trying to do. If I had it my way and I had a heart of stone, it would be much easier.

That's why I especially appreciate the geared/knowledgeable dudes who show up every week like Sorrows, Vorph (RIP), you were there last week - it helps out the rest of the group.

If we were a mythic guild that would be different I guess.

It puts me in a bad spot when people send me messages like "This person is horrible", but how can I remove them if they have met all pre-reqs? I'm not even a guild leader, just an officer who wanted to raid on my own time.

For the guys in the guild, they know who performs and who doesn't - but maybe someone is sitting there going "is he talking about me???" and will try to actively improve.