Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
The opposite, be very deliberate until you are sure of each pull. Some mechanics can be unforgiving in CMs. You don't have to medal to get the daily quest reward, just have to finish. Youwill want/needCC. Generally speaking the trash is worse than the bosses, some of my fastest boss kills were done in CMs, for example 3rd boss in skyreach (ruarkhan or whatever, the giant bird), we don't kill adds, just kite them while destroying the boss.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of everything works in CM's except on obviously unmezzable mini bosses / huge adds. A lot of the bosses do the same thing just A LOT more and it hurts a lot more. To me they feel like what the actual heroics should be.

Needless

Toe Sucker
heroics aren't meant to be what challenge modes are, thats entirely optional content that happens to reward a 640 item daily so people do it regardless. Making introductory content as a gate is silly, which is what heroics are supposed to be.

theres a gigantic difference between getting a CM done for your daily reward than there is going for gold runs.

going for daily reward = what narac01 said.
going for gold = pull 2-3 packs at a time, mitigate as much damage to the tank as possible via aoe stuns n shit and be able to keep the tank up while the dps pull 50-100k aoe dps, invis pot past specific adds, or train through mobs and res with a soulstone/brez past trash. 99% how you handle trash to get the specific amount of kills as soon as possible, and bypassing what you don't need.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
heroics aren't meant to be what challenge modes are, thats entirely optional content that happens to reward a 640 item daily so people do it regardless. Making introductory content as a gate is silly, which is what heroics are supposed to be.

theres a gigantic difference between getting a CM done for your daily reward than there is going for gold runs.

going for daily reward = what narac01 said.
going for gold = pull 2-3 packs at a time, be able to keep the tank up while the dps pull 50-100k aoe dps, invis pot pass specific adds, or train through mobs and res with a soulstone/brez past trash. 99% how you handle trash to get the specific amount of kills as soon as possible, and bypassing what you don't need.
Man, getting gold as shadow will be difficult for me. My AoE dps takes way too much effort so its always garbage.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Bater saved them, Ill grab the links from him later.

@Cad don't worry about it honestly, I wear whatever I get as its going to get replaced if you plan on raiding anyway pretty soon. Once you are 630 I would focus on CM's also until you are closer to 640, most people have them down now and its free loot daily.
Yea, but the BS stuff can be upgraded to raid quality too. So that piece at least, might not be replaced.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Guess I will log on a bit and see if anyone wants to do CM's.
smile.png

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I have to be honest, I didn't even know CMs awarded this 640 shit. I thought they were optional e-peen strokes that gave transmog shit. Completing an instance fast means very little to me but looks like I need to get on it.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
CMs without the daily quest to complete a specific CM give nothing unless you complete a timer, which are then just epeen achievements/mount/transmog stuff. I did gold early in MoP and gold in WoD is more of the same but turned up to 11. They are 100% harder than the MoP CMs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man, getting gold as shadow will be difficult for me. My AoE dps takes way too much effort so its always garbage.
they should really give shadow something along the lines that warlocks have with "soulburn". Consume x amount of shadow orbs to make your next shadow word: pain, or vampiric touch hit all targets in y radius. or something to help out their aoe. Locks get it with Cataclysm even, so why wouldn't shadow get something relatively similar?

shit, or even make mind sear spread the dots to any mob it reaches. (minus devouring plague, that would be silly)

--

@Bain definitely agree they made WoD CMs way more difficult than MoP

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I need heroic Auchindoun and UBRS tonight. Anyone wanting to do those tonight? I'll tank but need someone on mumble to help explain the mechanics of the instances since I haven't done either yet.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
they should really give shadow something along the lines that warlocks have with "soulburn". Consume x amount of shadow orbs to make your next shadow word: pain, or vampiric touch hit all targets in y radius. or something to help out their aoe. Locks get it with Cataclysm even, so why wouldn't shadow get something relatively similar?

shit, or even make mind sear spread the dots to any mob it reaches. (minus devouring plague, that would be silly)

--

@Bain definitely agree they made WoD CMs way more difficult than MoP
That would be nice. Alt tabbing through trash and dotting everything one mob at a time is a fucking pain in the balls. Not to mention it stops any sort of single target nuking that i might be doing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fletch101 and I might go ahead and xfer over today or tomorrow. It's really frustrating that Blizzard has never done any sort of bulk character transfer for a sane amount of money, so we're still discussing it. I would be bringing over my DK (blood only) and my hunter, he'd probably just have one character, also hunter. Feels dumb that I'd be leaving behind the druid I used my L90 boost on, but whatever I guess. We're concerned about whether or not there'd be room in the raids (I'm interested in mythic for sure once I gear up a bit more in N/H, Fletch whatever his work schedule permits) or if bringing over two more hunters would just end up being two hunters too many. :p

Anyone who xfer'ed recently -- is there anything I need to know about my garrison before making the move? Like work orders resetting or anything stupid like that...

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fletch101 and I might go ahead and xfer over today or tomorrow. It's really frustrating that Blizzard has never done any sort of bulk character transfer for a sane amount of money, so we're still discussing it. I would be bringing over my DK (blood only) and my hunter, he'd probably just have one character, also hunter. Feels dumb that I'd be leaving behind the druid I used my L90 boost on, but whatever I guess. We're concerned about whether or not there'd be room in the raids (I'm interested in mythic for sure once I gear up a bit more in N/H, Fletch whatever his work schedule permits) or if bringing over two more hunters would just end up being two hunters too many. :p

Anyone who xfer'ed recently -- is there anything I need to know about my garrison before making the move? Like work orders resetting or anything stupid like that...
Nothing changed when i transferred.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
We're alliance at the moment.

I know it gets turned into an ugly shithole with barely any walls, but beyond that?
biggrin.png
It might be ugly but do you alliance fairies have bad ass goblin guards? No? You lose!