Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is the min ilvl for these guild heroics? 645 or so?
Ilvl is deceptive. You can be 655 with a 645 weapon or 648 with a 670 weapon and pull similar dps--which is bullshit, and needed to change 5 years ago... there's no excuse for weapons still being so much more important than every other slot, as it's way too easy to get fucked by RNG. That said, I broke 20k on Butcher with 646 gear and a 645 weapon as an unholy DK, so class/spec/knowing your priority system (read: using Ovale religiously) also matters quite a bit too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I only have 630 weapons which I'm sure hurts my overall DPS. On average I am somewhere around 16.5-17. I think I finally have the muscle memory for my rotation. Not that it is incredibly difficult on sub rogue.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did 75% of a normal last Saturday. Hope to do the same this Saturday. Hopefully we'll be Ko'ragh this time.
We'll get him for sure, we'll blow through the ones everyone knows and if people have issues with the normal way we can do it the way we do heroic which is a lot more controlled movement.

Yeah I only have 630 weapons which I'm sure hurts my overall DPS. On average I am somewhere around 16.5-17. I think I finally have the muscle memory for my rotation. Not that it is incredibly difficult on sub rogue.
We had a rogue on our heroic run in the morning yesterday if you want to check out her DPS and rotation etc, she was our lowest DPS at 22k but that's still really good imo. People like Sorrows, Slaythe, Arcanin, Grem, & others are approaching the 27-30k range which is pretty insane. After the amount of weapons from the heroic runs yesterday we got we probably will do even better next week. We literally got something like 8 heroic 670 weapons into our main group of people.

Also no reason we cant try a few bosses in heroic Saturday after normal and a break either.

Combat Log - Ask Mr. Robot - World of Warcraft

Tenks

Hm an assassin rogue. I don't know all the fights by heart but I know sub is the spec of choice on that particular fight. On world of logs there is only a single assassin rogue for mythic butcher and a laundry list of sub rogues. Some putting out 30k+. It seems sub and combat are by far the most represented in HM. Except for twins where assassin seems the spec of choice.

Odd it looks like the rogue was assassination only for that fight then sub for the others. I wonder why.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea, to be honest she was pretty bad for her gear level. Mathblaster does good with the spec that uses the heroic 1h from Kargath (its not a dagger). I know he is ultimately hunting the Koragh dagger whichever spec that is as his end result though.

Tenks

Yeah the DPS for the gear seemed somewhat disheartening for me. Because that is some damn good gear. Her Rupture uptime could have been better at only 76% but the Find Weakness and SnD uptime are nearly perfect. I don't know the class well enough to dissect the logs beyond that. Good shadow dance, good vanish usages. But rupture really should be near 100% uptime as well.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You guys are critiquing a female pug raider.

Female pug.

Female.

And you wonder about her talent choices and uptimes?

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
You guys are critiquing a female pug raider.

Female pug.

Female.

And you wonder about her talent choices and uptimes?
YOU BETTER CHECK THAT MALE PRIVILEGE YOU SHIT EATING MISOGYNIST FUCKER. DON'T YOU MAN-SPLAIN TO THAT STRONG , INDEPENDENT WOMYN. YOUR PRIVILEGE BLINDS YOU FROM HOW UNIQUE SHE IS IN HER TALENT CHOICES

Tenks

I use the same talents as her
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How can I log / analyze my stuff on MrRobot? Do I need a premium account or just the add-on?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did I not say we should record these runs also? The foolish bro of Sorrows whining about more dps at top of the stairs and then the helm incident at the later later heroic.

Can Hist even cast that spell with a 670 helm?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree, this Saturday we should do 6/7 easy with some solid attempts (or kill) at 7/7 and then hitting some Heroic stuff. Kargath is really easy, Butcher will depend on DPS. I have no successfully gone like 7/7N and 5/7H so feeling comfortable tanking it all, and obviously Krassus if he is tanking there is no problem there. Ideally we'd like Saturday morning to turn into Heroic raid, but people need more normal gear so that's understandable. I'm only at 650 myself as I can't raid as much as many others in the guild.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
I haven't played WoW since the first expansion. What kind of time investment are we talking to get a character leveled/geared sufficiently to join you guys on the Wed/Sat raids?

edit: Also, how long are we talking for raids? I'm at a point in my life where "casual" is probably an understatement.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jesus why did I boost and start leveling a monk. Fucking thing feels like a death machine that can't be killed.

Tenks

I haven't played WoW since the first expansion. What kind of time investment are we talking to get a character leveled/geared sufficiently to join you guys on the Wed/Sat raids?

edit: Also, how long are we talking for raids? I'm at a point in my life where "casual" is probably an understatement.
With the boost and playing casually you'll get to 100 in maybe 2 weeks. From there you're looking at doing LFR and heroics a few times then you'll be 630 and ready to raid. Highmaul takes maybe 3 hours of your life per week.