Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As I said last Friday after the normal run, if we lack having at least 1 of the tanks being a guildie/friend that knows the fights inside and out I'm going to pass on the runs. It's not worth the hassle dealing with pug tanks or new people learning the fights when it should be quick clear farm content.

On a completely unrelated note I managed to get myself killed on Hanz/Franz when trying to rank because I'm bad.

Here are my rankings for my DK last night:

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft
It's ok, I died on Heroic hanz and franz while tanking and we still managed to win because Monk. I felt like a tool, I even got two pieces of heroic loot from them

Disarmonia

Molten Core Raider
Unfortunately, I probably won't be on Saturday as I am packing up all of my things to move to Denver. Even worse, my new gig requires me to be at work every Saturday morning so my runs may have to end.

If anyone knows of any other guilds that run Normal BRF or if we ever happen to run a Fri/Sat night, I would love to join.

Was fun! Keep it up and I expect a Blackhand kill in the next few weeks! My brother in RL, Naun, will be taking my place.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If it makes you feel better we actually had our first H&F wipe. And two on Gruul. Hell I think we wiped once on just about everything, so only got to 7/10. I also died on Kromog because NOBODY CAN SEE THE GODDAMN GOBLIN STANDING THERE. I'm right here, stop stealing my goddamn hand!

I think your issues with sats Kromog was needing to use some cooldowns for stone breaths and keeping max range to help mitigate slams. Also you want a major raid heal cooldown after each grip because it transitions into another breath.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If it makes you feel better we actually had our first H&F wipe. And two on Gruul. Hell I think we wiped once on just about everything, so only got to 7/10. I also died on Kromog because NOBODY CAN SEE THE GODDAMN GOBLIN STANDING THERE. I'm right here, stop stealing my goddamn hand!

I think your issues with sats Kromog was needing to use some cooldowns for stone breaths and keeping max range to help mitigate slams. Also you want a major raid heal cooldown after each grip because it transitions into another breath.
Not sure I follow on the breath. I can basically negate the stone breath with AMS, but the damage is so low on the tanks that it isn't really a concern. The raid shouldn't get hit by a breath at all if the transition coming out of grips is proper. You just need a single tank on Kromog to turn him away and stay in melee range.

We were out ranging Slam as much as we could, but the person with warped armor is going to be running fairly slow. Even then the damage is light and I can use a cooldown on most of the slams.

I think a big problem is people were a little unsure on what to do. We noticed there were several DPS going after the boss when they got freed but were leaving a bunch of people still in the grips. I think on the first fight a few melee even ran up right in the front of Kromog which is essentially an insta-death for them as he will squish you. When me and Poid were dying it was moments of us not receiving any heals - whether it was healers still trapped in grips or just a general mis-understanding of mechanics I don't know. We weren't getting insta-gibbed by Kromog though

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Not sure I follow on the breath. I can basically negate the stone breath with AMS, but the damage is so low on the tanks that it isn't really a concern. The raid shouldn't get hit by a breath at all if the transition coming out of grips is proper. You just need a single tank on Kromog to turn him away and stay in melee range.

We were out ranging Slam as much as we could, but the person with warped armor is going to be running fairly slow. Even then the damage is light and I can use a cooldown on most of the slams.

I think a big problem is people were a little unsure on what to do. We noticed there were several DPS going after the boss when they got freed but were leaving a bunch of people still in the grips. I think on the first fight a few melee even ran up right in the front of Kromog which is essentially an insta-death for them as he will squish you. When me and Poid were dying it was moments of us not receiving any heals - whether it was healers still trapped in grips or just a general mis-understanding of mechanics I don't know. We weren't getting insta-gibbed by Kromog though

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It really helps to have a boomkin (or three) for Kromog. If tank death is your issue, try 3 tanking it. If its other mechanics then raid just needs more practice/understanding. I think Kromog is substantially easier than BF/IM.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Care to share any interesting tidbits? I am always interested in improving my Pally game. My gear is actually getting decent enough that I need to be comfortable spending more mana as I end fights over 80% while still being top heals. So I guess I can be top...more.

It is actually really interesting to me in general, but at the start of the expansion, I was terrible / didn't like Pally healing. Now I can't go back to another healer and it is a good time. Perhaps it is because once you get it you feel super powerful.
Nothing revolutionary - Holy Shock on cooldown, Holy Light in between, EF at 3 HP and Holy Prism mostly on cooldown but lined up with AoE damage as best as possible. He uses sanctified wrath (+ the glyph) over AW and pops it pretty much on cooldown. With the glyph it has some pretty big uptime. I've been over relying on Flash of Light though and under-utilizing EF and Holy Light. On his logs Beacon heals tend to be way up at the top for him which comes from his constant use of Holy Light and 3 HP EF.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It really helps to have a boomkin (or three) for Kromog. If tank death is your issue, try 3 tanking it. If its other mechanics then raid just needs more practice/understanding. I think Kromog is substantially easier than BF/IM.
It wasn't anything we were doing wrong. At least for me I felt like we were really light on the healing we were receiving. I can only death strike so many times!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I was having a hard time trying to find a spot where I could heal melee and tanks. Then when that smash thing goes out (the crumbly stone trail thing) it would really divide the raid and I'd lose range a lot on that too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We'll give it some serious progression attempts this week. Last week was our redemption raid, this week is serious business.

I even transmogged my helmet into a scary helmet to scare the bosses.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Stone breath is raid-wide damage. It should be the highest source of damage overall, barring an absurd amount of failures to dodging. We really seemed to be taking a pounding from it Sat.

The funny part is when your problem becomes people getting broken out too fast. Whoopsie.

Sorrows, fill in your ilevel bracket to look l33ter:Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for WarcraftToo bad you can't make it only show your best runs, heh. Some shameful shit in there.

Look at those ~40% jumps in ranking this week, hah. That's me realizing that I wasn't mashing buttons hard enough (CPM) to hunter properly, as I blabbed about in this thread already with Vorph. So that all paid off. I still refuse to AOE whore over focusing important adds tho, so no padding on beastlord/operator.

And don't look at that oregorger death to explosive shard. Tanks fault, imo. And the kromog death to assbutt standing on top of my gripping hand. I need a goddamn siren on my head...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well there were a few attempts where tanks were not freed so everyone was getting breathed. The stone breath he channels every ~30sec shouldn't really be an issue to heal through as it's not really that much damage. We'll watch again this week and see if it's a problem.

I mis-interpreted your post originally and thought you meant we should be healing through the stone breath when no one is in melee range and we're getting out of hands. I still think hte occasional channeled one shouldn't really be an issue but we will check it out.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem this week will be a certain mage's dps. Trying out arcane, since my gear right now seems to best suit that spec. Attempting to get it down before the raid.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well there were a few attempts where tanks were not freed so everyone was getting breathed. The stone breath he channels every ~30sec shouldn't really be an issue to heal through as it's not really that much damage. We'll watch again this week and see if it's a problem.

I mis-interpreted your post originally and thought you meant we should be healing through the stone breath when no one is in melee range and we're getting out of hands. I still think hte occasional channeled one shouldn't really be an issue but we will check it out.
I'm just guessing that you're talking about Normal and Kreug is talking about Heroic too though right?

We have wiped a couple times on this fight in heroic the last two weeks while the 6 before it are all on farm at this point. Pretty heal intensive fight.

On normal people just need to know the mechanics. I do believe theres a gear check element to heroic though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
2925 more CPs until I can get my weapon.

Or I can get a ring to replace my shitty 615 blue ring. and add an extra 1k cp to grind.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Crafted what? I'm 2 events away from my CP weapon. If you mean ring, yes please. What are the options?

So during work today I managed to afk my way through nearly 4-5k CP today. I was in a group that lost 1 event all day. It was gloriously boring.