Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Draegan Saturday is our primary day. Were just in a weird spot right now where on a good day we finish 9/10 normal in around 2.25 hours which doesnt leave much time for blackhand attempts. If you can come Saturdays you'll get geared. We are just trying to find an optimal way to progress on him.

Fridays are gonna be difficult for me in the future so I'm in the same boat. If another tank wanted to step up I'd be OK with it, although tanking is my life now.

I think we should consider stepping into heroic full time as soon as blackhand is down. Other than set pieces I don't think there is much people need from normal anymore.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Noodle poodle, once you get some folks done with the key quest you'll be going straight to blackhand and then whatever wings you have time for once he's down. Should be there on the next 2-3 weeks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One thing to note is blackhand drops a tier token redeemable for any tier piece, so that will help with getting people their 4 piece. I agree poid, to be honest we could go heroic full time now but I really want to kill the bastard.

Moon I was having PC issues Saturday so when I logged back on you were off, but thanks for coming since the beginning with us pretty much every week. The burn out is real and everyone will experience it eventually.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This askmrrobot recommended avg ilvl for heroic makes it look daunting lol. It was posted in the WoW thread.

Hansgar & Franzok: 669
Darmac: 670
Gruul: 672
Oregorger: 675.8
Flamebender: 676.3
Thogar: 676.9
Kromog: 679.2
Iron Maidens: 683.8
Blast Furnace: 686.9
Blackhand: 690.6

(that's the same difficulty order as Normal, in fact)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My guild is about 672-676 average depending on who shows and Darmac is always a pushover. I think we've killed him 3 times and only wiped once. Hanz and Franz is easy DPS wise, but because stamps are an insta gib and the tanks have to have cooldowns, it makes it tough execution wise. Gruul is all about tanks not fucking up / getting externals. We're like 2 out 10ish attempts kill wise. Thogar is relatively easy until the last split we've been having a tank and healer go to red side to keep adds from AoEing while the rest kill orange side then we all kill red side. Works great the first time around, but we may have to adjust the last time. No DPS can really die though or there won't be enough at the end to live.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have pugged 7/10, but with pug wanting at least 675, I've never put any real thought into what average ilvl the raid actually NEEDS to be.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't been able to logon and I forgot to save my lockout. We might need to steal Faizy's or clear 9/10 again this week. I've been crazy busy so haven't been on.

I'll try to be on Friday but I'm not sure yet. Someone gave us an expensive baby gift and we're taking them out to dinner but I don't know if it's Friday or Saturday night.

I think we should get a 9/10 lockout until Blackhand is dead and then move on to Heroic. If others agree I think that will be the best, no one needs much from Normal except for tier stuff and the new guys might need gear. That's all I can think of.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
People still need trinkets. But other than that and tier, I think most are good. Though I'd suggest at least trying a couple easier heroic bosses before blackhand progression. After 20 wipes we haven't even gotten close to getting him down. Our logs for those wipes were pretty bad too. Dps across the board was low. Any extra bit of gear would help.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Instead of quitting, a couple of guys swapped roles so we don't have to find a tank. And new management took the opportunity to boot some chronic under-performers (10-15 percentile every week ffs)

The end result is we're currently a ridiculously overqualified 14 man heroic farm group. So we'll see if we get stuck on a treadmill or actually get back to a steady 20.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
So, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Instead of quitting, a couple of guys swapped roles so we don't have to find a tank. And new management took the opportunity to boot some chronic under-performers (10-15 percentile every week ffs)

The end result is we're currently a ridiculously overqualified 14 man heroic farm group. So we'll see if we get stuck on a treadmill or actually get back to a steady 20.
The 7/10 Mythic group I'm playing with had a tank fail to show up last night. So I was told I'm tanking....with zero experience tanking foundry other than heroic blackhand.

I've now tanked mythic Gruul, Oregorger, and Beastlord. After that I said I'm done and am logging off to uninstall. Learning how to tank those bosses in mythic while getting screamed at by people who are used to having that crap on farm is zero fun.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The 7/10 Mythic group I'm playing with had a tank fail to show up last night. So I was told I'm tanking....with zero experience tanking foundry other than heroic blackhand.

I've now tanked mythic Gruul, Oregorger, and Beastlord. After that I said I'm done and am logging off to uninstall. Learning how to tank those bosses in mythic while getting screamed at by people who are used to having that crap on farm is zero fun.
Heh I was going to message you and ask how your A52 guild was doing.. and then saw you weren't even on A52 anymore. Guild churn is real, damn. I'm not used to this because of so many years in FoH where we just sorta slowly fizzled out over a long period of time.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's that optimism!
He jinxed us.

Qt4AU.gif