Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I use:
ElvUI
ElvUI Kkthnx(includes ElvUI Location Plus, ElvUI Still Enhanced, cargbags, and a bunch of other customizations to make it a bit more like RealUI)
ElvUI AddOnSkins(makes a bunch of popular addons match the rest of ElvUI)
DBM
GTFO(still necessary even with DBM imo)
WeakAuras2(another must-have for every class, as long as you can find some good strings for it or know how to make your own)
Skada(much better than Recount now)
Clique(for when I heal, fuck making a dozen @mouseover macros)
Pawn(with stat weightings I generate myself from SimC, but you can probably find good ones on IV after the xpac is out a while)
_NPCScan(gimped in 6.0 but it will still find and announce vignette mobs in MoP and WoD)
TSM(I'm on a server that takes 3-4 hours to do a full AH scan, so I rely on TSM AuctionDB and WoWuction getting populated by the desktop app for my AH data)
Auctionator(even if you use TSM it's still nice to have a plain old AH mod too. Auctioneer is too bloated, but Auctionator is perfect for the job.)
BadBoy,Badboy_Guilded, andBadBoy_CCleaner(anti-spam shit)
BagSync(lightweight addon for keeping track of stuff across alts. Altoholic is a good choice too if you don't care about the lightweight part.)
BugGrabberandBugSack(need something to manage UI errors, especially with how often the Blizzard UI gets tainted these days)
Foglight(map addon, gets rid of fog and shows adjacent zone terrain too)

Everything except for ElvUI Kkthnx is available from the Curse client. Grab Kkthnx fromWoWInterface.

P.S. Omen hasn't been needed in ages.
I may have missed this but one class are you playing? If not, priest, any recommendations or changes to your list that would be a "must have" for priests?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I may have missed this but one class are you playing? If not, priest, any recommendations or changes to your list that would be a "must have" for priests?
Clique for sure, if you're healing with your priest. Mouse over healing in raid/pvp/dungeons is pretty good.

On my ret/prot I can get by with blizz default raid frames if I need to toss a quick bop/loh or whatever (probably similar for you if you went shadow).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Bindpad makes binding abilities to hotkeys so much easier. I'd hate to ever be without it.

There's lots of misc QOL stuff out there that people probably don't know about. autorepair (can set to use guild funds), a sell all grey loot button, postal to open all of your mail at once, and so on.

Tweaking weakauras is a game unto itself. I went through and improved all of my stuff yesterday since Destiny was janked up.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Weak Auras is for tracking cooldowns on warrior primarily? Can someone give me the TL DR version of what it does?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I need to distract my girlfriend this weekend. I want to go full neckbeard for 48 hours.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does any tank or 2 dps want to level with me and my buddies? We want to dungeons mainly but will quest if we need to. Planning on pushing from tonight through tomorrow for 100 and we have TS / Mumble if anyone wants to join us. I read Garrisons are tied to levels and money so I dont need to quest to 100.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's a DIY mod that can do just about anything you want it to. You can use it to simply track customized buffs/debuffs/cooldowns instead of the flood of shit most mods give you out of the box... or you can make it actually show you the best button to push at that moment. (caveat: using it this way basically makes your decisions one GCD behind on classes that mash on every single GCD, so going full nerd with the min/max takes some work)

Its original function was baked into WoW with those HUD graphics you see for certain procs. I know for a fact that Furor RAVED about the mod when it was introduced as Power Auras.

On a class like a rogue, you can pretty much have it tell you a perfect rotation, because waiting on energy regen gives the mod time to react and you can take a nap in between actions as long as your energy doesn't cap.

So mine kind of looks like this:
Graphic over head when Blade Flurry is turned on (fucking useful)
Top Row (just under chars feet): Major cooldowns become active during combat: Display icon until pressed
Minor cooldowns (kick, cos, whatever), display icon for 5 seconds (or until pressed)
Bottom row: DPS rotation
if SND usable and not active, show SND
If Dispatch usable and combo points < 5, Dispatch
If Mutilate usable and combo points < 5 and Dispatch not usable, Mutilate
If 5+ combo points and rupture duration < 5 seconds, Rupture
If 5+ combo points and rupture duration >=5 seconds, Envenom

End result = never having to think about combo points or even look down at hotbars. There's still some room to squeeze out that last % of dps, like pooling energy before envenom if envenom is already active. Hell, I could code it to do that for me too, but it's so fucking minor and it's an alt ffs.

Now, on hunter it isn't quite as effective because of the GCD problem. If you strictly follow the prompts you are lagging yourself, so you'd lose significant dps with as simple a setup as that rogue one.

(I think I can get around this by using event: cooldown ready instead of status: action usable for certain high priority abilities like explosive/chimera/etc, since the rest of my rotation's logic is built around ensuring I always have enough energy left to use those on cd... I haven't tried it though. I bet I could gain a solid 2% deeps by cutting out those small delays yo)

Sounds fun, right?

(you can always copy someone else's setup)

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, but it is much easier. You can either get a long ass string of gibberish which you then import, or you can have him send you a link I'm chat which you click and it accepts it for you.

If we are talking about mods, one mod that I find extremely useful as a wind walker is storm, earth and fire. It's a really simple thing that tells you which mobs your clones are targeting, as well as if you are targeting the same one.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Wish I could take tomorrow off work in addition to Friday. You guys hitting it hard are going to be 100 before I'm even off work. I'll catch up quick though.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does any tank or 2 dps want to level with me and my buddies? We want to dungeons mainly but will quest if we need to. Planning on pushing from tonight through tomorrow for 100 and we have TS / Mumble if anyone wants to join us. I read Garrisons are tied to levels and money so I dont need to quest to 100.
I think some of the garrison stuff is gated behind quests/zones but I am not 100% on which parts of it are. i know some followers are but I'm not sure how many "essential" pieces are.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think some of the garrison stuff is gated behind quests/zones but I am not 100% on which parts of it are. i know some followers are but I'm not sure how many "essential" pieces are.
Pretty good breakpoint checklist -Link to full guide here

Some Important Breakpoints to Remember while Leveling

Level 90:
Build first small building level 1 (will automatically try to match one of your primary professions)
Build Barracks level 1 (can only build a Barracks)

Level 92:
Open Garrison level 2 (can be opened at level 91 with completion of the right quests)
Rewarded blueprints for all level 1 buildings (except Salvage Yard)
Can switch your Barracks to a different large building if desired
Build Lunarfall Excavation or Frostwall Mines
Upgrade Mine to level 2
Build second small building level 1
Build medium building level 1

Level 94:
Build Fishing Shack
Upgrade fishing shack to level 2

Level 96:
Upgrade small buildings to level 2 (at level 96 or complete Talador Outpost, whichever comes first)
Start assigning followers with the appropriate traits to level 2 buildings
Build Herb Garden
Upgrade Herb Garden to level 2
Unlock blueprints for level 1 Salvage Yard

Level 98:
Upgrade medium buildings to level 2 (at level 98 or complete Spires of Arak Outpost, whichever comes first)
Can start recruiting followers with Lunarfall Inn level 2

Level 100:
Open garrison level 3
Upgrade large buildings to level 2 (at level 100 or complete Nagrand Outpost, whichever comes first)
Build third small building
Build second medium building
Build second large building
Unlock level 3 small, medium, large and mine/garden/fish/pet blueprints based on achievements

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So is the Garrison stuff.... fun? Or is it just another thing to keep you busy? I assume with all of this tradeskill shit happening semi-passively, prices for stuff will crash? Or since we can make shit just to vendor it for hundreds of g per day, will the prices skyrocket?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm speculating pricing for mats going up due to increase in required mats to make things and the fact that anyone can craft stuff if they have the right garrison.

Speculatively, legacy ore and gems are going to see a decline - legacy enchanting mats and herbs are going to be fairly strong (due to enchanting and inscription looking fairly strong)

If anything the increase in volume of WoD mats is going to stabilize that market fairly well. We're going to see an increase in consumption as an offset.

** as far as fun factor goes: We've seen games with these "housing and farm mechanics" pop up recently in ArcheAge and Wildstar. It's a widely praised feature of the game that quickly boils down to tedium. The one thing WoW does to curb the tedium in comparison to previous games with this mechanic is the addition of Followers and the removal of individual tedious "planting of materials".

Take that for what it's worth, I consider this addition to the game a WC3-esque feature adding a bit of RTS to my MMO. Which I've been looking for in a game for some time now.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Reading about optimal Garrisons puts me right to sleep, so hopefully it's not so bad in practice. That's why I asked for someone to just tell me what to do for skinning/lw/raiding/gold flow, heh.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Rest will be obvious? Other than the order priority...

Sigh, I'll consult a guide when I get to it. It just makes better sense that way - like trying to explain every nuance of a fight over vent to complete noobs. Just give the broad strokes and pull once so they see it for themselves, dammit.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Rest will be obvious? Other than the order priority...

Sigh, I'll consult a guide when I get to it. It just makes better sense that way - like trying to explain every nuance of a fight over vent to complete noobs. Just give the broad strokes and pull once so they see it for themselves, dammit.
Well you'll want Enchanting building initially (free DE service for shit quest rewards) LW building and Probably salvage yard (don't open your salvages til salvage yard lvl 2 because you won't get follower useful stuff until then)

You'll want a Barn for sure when you get to that tier of buildings.

The rest really depends on what you feel like getting (mage tower? Auction house? Raid gear quests?)