Cats (2019)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I cannot count how many times my friends and I have said, "I loved it. It was much better than cats. I'm going to see it again and again," in a monotone voice.

From here:
I've never seen Cats though.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
This almost pisses me off more than all the Disney CGI redos.

I love musicals and Cats is one of the best.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
fuck that shit, saw this commercial everyday for years
lol yeah, i think that commercial still plays in jersey somewhere. it went on a LONG time. this movie is an abomination with what they did to the dancers faces by shoehorning the voiceover actors faces on to them. i rather see the actors themselves in cat costumes or the dancers themselves who work their asses off for this kind of stuff being showcased. this CGI mess will cause nightmares. GTFO of here with this shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ij0muo3ja9b31.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

This is 100% too furry.

But, its probably going to launch another wave of them.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I was never a Cats fan to begin with but this is just horrible. The one thing Cats has in terms of fame is Memories and Hudson is absolutely screaming and butchering it. So even if they clean up the CGI and tweak the imagery, I don't think the music is even going to receive good press.

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they couldnt even "woke" it up right, the people who love this stuff, gay people arent going to be happy with this shit. if they lose the gay audience, then they are fucked.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yep, the problem is that they just grafted the faces on without proper tracking or blending, so you get this effect:

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
to me, even more than the faces, the freaky thing is that they don't move animal-like enough. they try just a little bit, i guess not everyone is Andy Serkis, but the end result pins it real hard in the uncanny valley on top of the face issues.