CFB 2012-2013

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
dabotiger.gif

dabotiger.gif

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So, I would like to thank USC for being the biggest dumpster fire in CFB right now. They have lost 5 recruits today so far and are down to 12 total.
USC could have signed 17 and signed 13, we can now sign 20 next year. The 13 we signed certainly aren't shitty, one more year of this bullshit left to go and either Lane can actually coach or we get someone that can and it's back to where USC is supposed to be.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
When Urban Meyer is fully engaged he is a demon on the recruiting trail and fun to watch. Gonna be an exciting few years around here even if he burns out at the end. Watching that Ole Miss class come together today was crazy.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Entertaining. Interesting to read where Brown said the way UT recruits in the future is going to change and play more hardball with the way they offer scholarships and will possibly yank offers if kids go to other schools for a visit. I'm guessing that goes over like a lead balloon.

chron.jpg

Titan_sl

shitlord
It sickens me to watch that Ole Miss Class come together. Especially with all my friends from Ole Miss texting me all day, telling me how they're going to whip State's ass again next year. Mullen is a good coach, but every good player we've had has been an under-rated player that developed into something good. I would really like to see him start bringing in top 15 classes. Hopefully with more out of state commitments going to teams like Ole Miss, other kids will decide maybe its not such a bad idea.

Im dreading next year for MState ball though

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Entertaining. Interesting to read where Brown said the way UT recruits in the future is going to change and play more hardball with the way they offer scholarships and will possibly yank offers if kids go to other schools for a visit. I'm guessing that goes over like a lead balloon.

chron.jpg
It is most likely PR bullshit, he says the same shit ever year. He only has one more recruiting class left anyways.

Damn, the Houston Chron loves trolling Texas fans. It isn't the worst class in Browns tenure. They just didn't take a lot of players by design this year though losing Robinson in the last hour really hurt. Great stock of OL recruits. Still, average star rating of Texas' class is higher than A&M. A&M just took over twice as many players which inflates classes on the rankings. For example, Vandy's class is higher ranked than Texas' just because they took more players, Texas class is vastly superior.

And ya Ole Miss is definitely paying recruits. One of their recruits posted a picture of a gangsta roll right after a recruiting trip. Don't worry NCAA doesn't care.

Borzak

Until Foggy responded to that pic I thought it was a fake someone at A&M made up and posted at Tiger Droppings, only after his post did I look into it and see it was real. I did read about Mack Brown saying he wanted to cut scholarship offers to recruits who take other visits. I don't see that going over well.

Getting ahead is tough
frown.png

6 SEC schools ranked in the top 10, 5 of them on LSU's permanent schedule (and the 6th being LSU itself).

Blah. On the other hand I think the entire "star recruit" system is a steaming pile of horse shit for the most part. Seen too many 5 stars sit the bench their entire career and too many lower ranked players turn into real cornerstones of a defense or offense for a team.

frown.png

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Until Foggy responded to that pic I thought it was a fake someone at A&M made up and posted at Tiger Droppings, only after his post did I look into it and see it was real. I did read about Mack Brown saying he wanted to cut scholarship offers to recruits who take other visits. I don't see that going over well.

Getting ahead is tough
frown.png

6 SEC schools ranked in the top 10, 5 of them on LSU's permanent schedule (and the 6th being LSU itself).

Blah. On the other hand I think the entire "star recruit" system is a steaming pile of horse shit for the most part. Seen too many 5 stars sit the bench their entire career and too many lower ranked players turn into real cornerstones of a defense or offense for a team.
Yep. Georgia's class, which is very good, is enough to make it the 7th best class in the SEC. Ridiculous.

frown.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Getting ahead is tough
frown.png

For most of Mack's tenure they would instantly pull a ship if the player took a visit after committing to Texas and I think Mack did ok in recruiting. Allowing kids to take visits after committing is a new development over the past few years. Either way, its all fluff. If the player is a really highly ranked recruit they never have and won't pull the ship for taking visits. Those recruits have more power in the process.

And ya the Houston Chron has been actively trolling Texas for years. It is usually Richard Justice though.

frown.png

Borzak

Yep. Georgia's class, which is very good, is enough to make it the 7th best class in the SEC. Ridiculous.
Yeah we have them on the schedule the next 2 years as well, didn't mention them because they are outside the top 10 at #12 and they are not a permanent opponent for us like everyone in the west and Florida.

What's ridiculous is Georgia was listed in one article as being a "loser" on signing day with a #12 ranked class.

LSU lost a ton of junior talent this year. Combine invite list is out and LSU had 13 on the list.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Star rankings dont take into account one of the biggest factors which is how they fit into a system. And it would be obtuse to think these recruiting sites which are paid for with subscriptions dont inflate teams "star" rankings that happen to have huge fanbases. We have had kids flip to a school like ND and instantly gain a star just because its ND, so yea, its retarded.

WVUs class was pretty good. Got 2 great players from Georgia Military College, one who was a state champ in the 100m. Looks like he will be taking Tavon Austin's slot role next year. Was hilarious that we flipped a couple of kids from Richrod at the last minute too
smile.png

smile.png

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who gives a shit about SEC recruiting classes? tOSU's is better than all of them.
Alabama has a better class than Ohio State.

As for A&M's class, the team signed 34 recruits so they covered all their bases. Hopefully the players live up to their potential and all that. The school brought in 5 wide receivers, hopefully one of them is immune to concussions like Ryan Swope was.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meyer ripped it up in Texas this year. It has been a long time since somebody out of state not named Oklahoma had that much success in the state. Considering that Ohio State is really far away and has no ties to Texas it is a pretty amazing feat. Speaking of Oklahoma, they had a horrible class on paper. 24 commits but only 7 4 stars with very little presence in Texas. I'm not sure what their recruiting strategy is right now but if they aren't careful, Ohio State and other OOC teams will take away the players they normally get out of Texas. They will be fucked in the long term if that happens.

2014 will be a really interesting year for recruiting in Texas. Texas will actually be fully engaged again with the need for a full class, A&M has a ton of momentum, OU seems to be leaving the state in recruiting, and Ohio State, Oregon, and the SEC are trying to get a foothold. Texas really needs a good season. Of course, then again, a bad season means no more Mack Brown which would be a much bigger gain for Texas.

Borzak

The new OC watch is on full force at LSU now that signing day is over. Cam Cameron was seen on campus today taking a tour. No word officially on if he was offered the job yet.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Meyer ripped it up in Texas this year. It has been a long time since somebody out of state not named Oklahoma had that much success in the state. Considering that Ohio State is really far away and has no ties to Texas it is a pretty amazing feat. Speaking of Oklahoma, they had a horrible class on paper. 24 commits but only 7 4 stars with very little presence in Texas. I'm not sure what their recruiting strategy is right now but if they aren't careful, Ohio State and other OOC teams will take away the players they normally get out of Texas. They will be fucked in the long term if that happens.
All the thanks for that goes to our OC Tom Herman. He was the OC at Rice and Iowa St. before us and I believe he was even an assitant under Mack Brown at one time? Ever since Urban hired him he's talked about how its going to open the roads into Texas recruiting; recruits seem to love the guy.

So has anyone been watching this story about the Arkansas commit who's mom stole his letter of intent and drove off from his signing ceremony because she wants him to go to Miami? I guess he showed up today with his dad and sent in the letter, then the crazy bitch hired a lawyer to try and stop him. Kid is 18 too. I mean holy shit lol

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
2014 will be a really interesting year for recruiting in Texas. Texas will actually be fully engaged again with the need for a full class, A&M has a ton of momentum, OU seems to be leaving the state in recruiting, and Ohio State, Oregon, and the SEC are trying to get a foothold. Texas really needs a good season. Of course, then again, a bad season means no more Mack Brown which would be a much bigger gain for Texas.
LSU didn't sign one recruit from the state of Texas this year. Next year will be interesting like you said. If Ohio State maintains their presence, Oregon still plucks a few recruits, and Texas takes a full class then Arkansas, LSU, and the Mississippi schools will have a hard time getting 4 star players from Texas.