CFB 2012-2013

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
MS State is the week we get to breathe a sigh of relief of not having to play Arkansas, A&M, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss., and Georgia this coming year.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_19330.jpg

Lent is finally over! Why is summer so long? Bring back football already.

rrr_img_19330.jpg

Borzak

Still have spring practice you can go watch (assuming it's not closed at wherever) and spring football game etc...Will be tailgating at the LSU spring game and having a crawfish boil in about 3 weeks.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I don't understand how college football can continue with this framework of rules while attendance continues to drophttp://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...lar-seaso.html
In 2012, a face-value ticket for an SEC game reached $100 for the first time. Four years ago, the SEC's priciest ticket was the Iron Bowl at $65. This season, 30 SEC games cost at least $65, including nondescript matchups such as Mississippi State-Tennessee, Ole Miss-Vanderbilt, Missouri-Vanderbilt and Missouri-Kentucky.
ouch. It really is too fucking expensive. I think the NFL has a similar dilemma, and it really is the double whammy of increased ticket prices and a much-improved home viewing experience. I'm not sure what, if anything, they can do about it though. Georgia isn't going to lower its minimum donation to get tickets, I can promise you that.

Borzak

Today was the deadline to make your donations at LSU and they send you a deal later that gives your rank on the list. Every year the family business gives the same amount and every year we move further and further down the list more and more rapidly. I don't see how demand has gone down here at all. Right now it looks like you are going to be donating a minimum of 8-10 years to get a chance at (2) tickets that may or may not be together in the crappiest part of the stadium. They just started going vertical on a new expansion that will be ready for the 2014 season that will up capacity to 100,000 so maybe that will ease demand a little.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've not followed anything CFB related in a couple of months, guess since signing day, and I rely on you guys to let me know when shit goes down. Then again, at this point it is more the rule than exception, so color me surprised.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/auburn-...60--ncaaf.html

My god, we just can't have nice things. Oh well, I said it back on FOH during the Cam investigation, if it is true I fully support whatever penalties they come up with. Ain't no one got time for this shit.

Titan_sl

shitlord
MS State is the week we get to breathe a sigh of relief of not having to play Arkansas, A&M, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss., and Georgia this coming year.
You wait and see, this year, we're going to be good. Like, actually good. Not, 7-0 and then "What the fuck just happened to our season?" good either. Like, 10 win! I Mean. We only lost our entire receiving core and secondary. How hard can it be to replace that

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
The NCAA's non-stance on drug penalties gets me more fired up than just about anything in sports. There are rules on taking money. There are rules are the when/where/how you can communicate with a kid during recruiting. There are fucking rules on the number of hours you can practice. But drug penalties are for some reason left up to the schools. So you get my school, which for whatever fucking reasons decides it needs to rank among the most harsh in D1 when it comes to this shit, but you get Auburn and Oregon where the it either goes unreported or they don't actually incur a penalty until the 3rd offense.

Set a standard, idiots. It is the only reason you exist.

Borzak

I don't think Auburn will take a hit on their drug deal. At the time they got the positives they were in trials to develop the test and apparently it's possible the positives they got were 1 player 7 times during 7 different test.