CFB 2012-2013

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I thought I would ask here before I started another thread. Any college baseball fans? It's a pretty big deal in the SEC and a few schools out west but pretty below the radar everywhere else. It's a huge deal here at LSU and only (2) basketball programs in the country outdrew LSU baseball in attendance last year. Normally on a SEC home weekend we get out to start tailgaiting on Thursday evening late and go thru till Sunday afteroon.

Borzak

Even a crappy OC is better than no OC which is what LSU has had the last 2 years. The offensive line coach has been calling the plays the last 2 years.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Posting this from my phone so hope it works. Toughness, do you have it? Lol

www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/...tactic/1912653/

How Woody Hayes used a turtle to motivate Ohio State's staff
GAME ON!
Paul Myerberg, USA TODAY Sports11:51a.m. EST February 12, 2013
TAGS
Columbus

Woody Hayes once demonstrated proper toughness to Ohio State's coaching staff by having a turtle bite his private parts.

Let's backtrack.

ALABAMA: Four players arrested on robbery charges

Hayes, the irascible, dictatorial and Hall of Fame coach, was fired from his post with the Buckeyes in December 1978, shortly after punching a Clemson player during a 17-15 Gator Bowl loss to the Tigers.

Malcolm Emmons/USA TODAY Sports

He was replaced by Earle Bruce, who went 81-26-1 with the Buckeyes from 1979-87. While Bruce failed to recapture Hayes' level of success ? no easy task, mind you ? his legacy lives on in his coaching tree, which includes luminaries like Pete Carroll, Dom Capers, Nick Saban and Jim Tressel.

Not to mention Urban Meyer, the current OSU coach who served as an assistant under Bruce from 1986-87. Just after Meyer's arrival in Columbus, Bruce brought in Hayes, then 73, to give his thoughts on where the program stood heading into the 1986 season. Hayes brought with him a prop: a turtle.

RAISES: Pay increases again for college football's new coaching hires

Meyer, speaking at the annual Ohio coaches convention, recounted the wildest coaching story I've ever heard. Said Meyer, via CoachingSearch.com:

"So I guess Ohio State had lost the bowl game, so Earl Bruce brings in Woody Hayes. I had been there just a week and I'm thinking, 'Holy, this is Coach Hayes.' I'm sitting in the back. Coach Hayes was not healthy at the time, but stands up and starts laying into the coaching staff about toughness. That we have no toughness in the program. That's why we lost the game. On and on and screaming, this old guy pounding the table. He says, 'We have no toughness, and the reason is because you're not tough. No one on this staff is tough enough, and that's a problem.'"
Here comes the turtle. Meyer continued:

"He reaches down and grabs this box, slides the top and there was something in the box moving around. He reaches in and he pulls out this turtle. He reaches down, this turtle's snapping and he says, 'I'm going to show you toughness.' He unzips his pants and takes out whatever he takes out. The turtle reaches up and snaps at him. You see the veins and the sweat (on Hayes). He screams at the coaches, 'That's toughness! That's [expletive] toughness!' He reaches down, pokes the turtle right in the eye and it falls off. He wipes the sweat off his forehead and says, 'That's the problem. We don't have anybody in this room tough enough to do that right there.'"
And the punch line, which is amazing. Meyer:

"(One assistant) raises his hand and says, 'Coach, I'd do this. Just promise not to poke me in the eye.'"
As said earlier, Woody Hayes once demonstrated proper toughness to Ohio State's coaching staff by having a turtle bite his private parts. It worked: OSU went 10-3 in 1986, winning more than nine games for the first time since 1979, and capped its season with a 28-12 win over Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl.

Borzak

http://www.wafb.com/story/21134775/f...ayers-arrested

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP/WAFB) - Four University of Alabama football players have been arrested on charges including credit card fraud and robbery.

Records posted on the Tuscaloosa Sheriff's Department website show running back Brent Calloway was arrested Monday on a charge of fraudulent use of a credit card. Linebackers D.J. Pettway and Tyler Hayes were charged with second-degree robbery.

Defensive back Eddie Williams was charged with both fraudulent use of a credit card and second-degree robbery.

Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban released a statement this afternoon:

"The young men charged are indefinitely suspendedas we continue to gather information and talk to the appropriate people. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude. This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program."
From reading and listening on the radio looks like armed robbery and 2 students were beaten/knocked out while at gunpoint during the robbery.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://www.burntorangenation.com/201...ire-mack-brown

In assessing the state of Texas athletics, the longtime athletic director [DeLoss Dodds] apparently went off the deep end into a spot where logic has little appeal.

Try this on for size when asked about all the losing recently:

"It's not bad for fans to go there. That's why there's so much excitement when we win. If you win all the time, it's not good for the coaches or the kids. You've got to learn to appreciate it."
The rebuttal is almost difficult to get out simply because of the mind-boggling, ludicrous nature of those comments.
Sigh. I'm gonna freeze myself, see y'all in two years.
rrr_img_13170.jpg

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
http://outkickthecoverage.com/texass...ing-legacy.php

Remember when Dodds said before the 2012 football season that the Aggies and the SEC were no threat to Texas and that they had a small sliver of the east side of Texas? Yeah, then the Aggies went 11-2, posted massive television ratings in Austin, had a redshirt freshman win the Heisman trophy, crushed Texas in 2013 recruiting, and are a consensus top five team in the 2013 preseason.

When Alabama comes to College Station on September 14, that contest will be bigger than any football game the Longhorns have hosted on campus in a decade.
I'll tell you what. You come kick me right in the nuts the day Georgia Tech is a bigger player in Georgia than UGA.

Borzak

Proposed rule changes for next year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...on-illegal-hit

The NCAA Football Rules Committee said it had unanimously approved strengthening of the penalty for intentional above-the-shoulder hits. The 15-yard penalty will now have an ejection tacked on, assuming the Playing Rules Oversight Panel approves the plan next month.

. Adding a 10-second runoff with less than a minute remaining in either half when the sole reason for the clock to stop is an injury. Calhoun said the intent is to prevent players from faking injuries to stop the clock.

. Establishing 3 seconds as the minimum amount of time required to be on the game clock in order to spike the ball to stop the clock.

. Allowing the use of electronic communication by the on-field officiating crew. Such devises were used successfully in an experiment in the Southeastern Conference. The equipment would not be required.

. Allowing the Big 12 to experiment with using an eighth official on the field in conference games. This official would be placed in the backfield opposite the referee and, according to Calhoun, would add another set of eyes to detect holding on the offensive line.

Also making teams wear jerseys that contrast with the grass/turf.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I still don't think the officials can adequately determine intent on these above the shoulder hits. They need to leave it to spearing/leading with the helmet and late hits. All this defenseless receiver bullshit can be eliminated by not running short routes over the middle. Damn ESPN loves them some dink and dunk spread offense, so they don't want to see the inevitable result of running fast undersized kids over the middle when a freak linebacker/safety takes a bead on them.

Borzak

In more of the NCAA sucks college baseball started yesterday. Went to the LSU game last night. New rule from the NCAA. Players can't have an individual song played while they walk from the dugout to the plate. LSU has had walkout songs for each player for at least the last 20 years. Not sure the point of that one.

Borzak

Baseball is gay Borzak

College football stuff. This team can't get to the Big 12 fast enough.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1472519
Expected that response from everyone but SEC fans, get with the program. Several baseball programs in the SEC outdraw all but the top 2 basketball programs each year.

Still waiting to see far in the hole Northern Illinois went for playing in a BCS game.

In other football news I read in an article earlier this week they are looking at a selection committee of 16 for the 4 team playoff with a rep from each conference plus others who are in the "football community".

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Expected that response from everyone but SEC fans, get with the program. Several baseball programs in the SEC outdraw all but the top 2 basketball programs each year.
Sorry bro, I don't care how many Corndogs love them some baseball, that doesn't change the fact that it's a godawful boring sport.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Twitter blowing up with rumors that Lester the Molester (how appropriate does that moniker seem now!) will be stepping down Monday amid reports he was fucking a student. Knew that guy was a creepy fucker the minute he stepped foot on OSU's campus - glad this is happening at LSU and not OSU. Will be interesting to see how true it is, the circumstances, etc.

Borzak

Miles was at the LSU baseball game Saturday night so would seem odd that he would be stepping down and trying to avoid the media and then make a public appearance.

Looks like a reporter from WKU tweeted the story as if it was real then came back later and said it was just a rumor.

Of course maybe it was started by a group from within the TAF (The group that pays for his salary and stadium expansions etc...) LOL.

If true I haven't seen anything that had a "source" other than to say it was a rumor they got from someplace else.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Miles was at the LSU baseball game Saturday night so would seem odd that he would be stepping down and trying to avoid the media and then make a public appearance.

Looks like a reporter from WKU tweeted the story as if it was real then came back later and said it was just a rumor.

Of course maybe it was started by a group from within the TAF (The group that pays for his salary and stadium expansions etc...) LOL.

If true I haven't seen anything that had a "source" other than to say it was a rumor they got from someplace else.
Ya, seems like I had forgotten it was the offseason haha... sure there will be more of these bullshit twitter stories in the near future.