CFB 2013-2014

marrior_sl

shitlord
easiest way to do it would just be not spotting the ball and starting the play clock on clock stopping plays like incompletions or the runner going out of bounds. The ref can just stick the ball in his shirt for 10 seconds since the play clock doesn't start until the ball is spotted anyway.

My biggest gripe is that the game clock runs after penalties outside of 5 mins in each half or whatever it is. A team could literally run one running play and then just keep taking delay of game penalties and run out the entire first quarter backed up to their own one-millimeter line.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Interesting chart...how many of the 125 current FBS teams has your team played?
http://i.imgur.com/yufb1b4.png
yufb1b4.png

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Pointing out the schedule is making an excuse now?

I know we're going 6 years running without you landing a single shot, but stop trying so hard.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Probably a couple of embarrassing NBC games, two to three losses and still a top 5 rating, maybe an ESPN cover article, and losing big in a bowl game to Hawaii? Just spit balling.

I hate recruiting classes as a measure of strength. So many are just washes that never develop, get arrested for drugs / gun possession, or the random 18 year old that doesn't succumb to College life and actually excels.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These kids will finally be able to properly compensated now. I'm very glad to see this happen. The NCAA is nothing but legalized slave labor.
Free high quality room, board, food, and college education. Yup, just like these guys:
cotton-field.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Free high quality room, board, food, and college education. Yup, just like these guys:
While the NCAA rakes in BILLIONS for the farce that these kids are there for "education". Yeah, proper compensation....not.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The same education that millions of young people go into debt for, sometimes hundreds of thousands dollars worth of debt.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Following the NCAA money - ESPN

The NCAA itself doesn't make billions(but they do make in the hundreds of millions), but If you add up what the NCAA + individual conferences + individual teams are all pulling in thanks to TV and endorsements, it's definitely in the Billions. But your are talking Billions spread over hundreds of schools(and that distribution being VERY top heavy, I'd be surprised if the bottom 200 schools bring in as much as the top 5)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh so the NCAA doesn't rake in billions? Shocked! The fact of the matter is the majority of schools don't make a profit from athletics. The football profit has to pay for their entire athletic department budget. If schools have to start paying players then one of two things is going to occur: 1. Players will be forced to pay for room, board, and education; or 2. Schools will cut a large amount of sports, severely hurting college athletics as a whole. Paying players doesn't work.

Borzak

Ruling only applies to private schools that have a profitable program. I'm sure they can shuffle the money around with a backer program that pays for facilities to become unprofitable.

Borzak

Also if you unionize and declare yourself a professional what keeps the NCAA from saying you are now ineligible to play because of it even tho you are unionized.